Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast

Thread: So I got my 3rd warning

Default So I got my 3rd warning

The Metro Police delivered a third warning, because of my dog barking, to my house yesterday. Apparently, the next warning will come with a fine or I can argue my case in court.

The thing is, my dog doesn't bark that much, I got a Boxer/wiemeraner cross. When he barks, you can look out the back door and see people walking by in the field. Or Tuesday mornings when the rubish is being picked up. In the rest of my street is a lot of dogs that bark. What can one do, what does the law say about this.
    If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.

Probably some pissy old house wife. Put up satanic symbols outside your house and claim freedom of belief, they won't trouble you ever again

Quote Originally Posted by beans100 View Post
    The Metro Police delivered a third warning, because of my dog barking, to my house yesterday. Apparently, the next warning will come with a fine or I can argue my case in court.

The thing is, my dog doesn't bark that much, I got a Boxer/wiemeraner cross. When he barks, you can look out the back door and see people walking by in the field. Or Tuesday mornings when the rubish is being picked up. In the rest of my street is a lot of dogs that bark. What can one do, what does the law say about this.
    I was also trying to investigate this since one particular dog is a nuisance in our neighbourhood. As far as I know the dog needs to bark consistently for more than 5 minutes (could be longer, as I said I do not know) an hour fairly often for it to be considered a problem. I'm sure if there is provocation, such as continued loitering, you could argue this point.
    "Don't be a hater, yo. I'm in a jacuzzi."

How much time do you spen at home? Could be that your dog barks less when he knows your home.

Quote Originally Posted by doobyscoo View Post
    How much time do you spen at home? Could be that your dog barks less when he knows your home.
    This

Sorry: Which police department / area? I need to do this for my neighbor as well ...

Oh: and have a read @ http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthre...or-neighbor-..

Anything above 5db for any amount of time can be prosecuted via the public noise bylaw [Or something like that]

Not law...its local regulations.

I wouldn't bother doing anything until someone mans the fck up and talks to you instead of running to the police. If it does go to court (unlikely) demand to face your accuser and see evidence. If that fails demand trial by combat...

I wouldn't worry, but do make sure they don't have a legit point. Dogs bark when lonely....i.e. when you're not there to hear it.
    Quote Originally Posted by hereticangel View Post
    Ok i am now the proud owner of 9 telkom shares
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefanmuller View Post
    From now on you can't say anything negative about them, else your money might shrink....
    oh snap

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by doobyscoo View Post
    Agreed.

I also have heard about the 5minutes per hour rule. Not sure how true it is.
    Aan Wat Dink Jy Nie?
    50% off first month @ Afrihost

Buy a Polar bear they don't bark....
    |Bebamos y divirtámonos que mañana moriremos.
    |Melior morior bellator, quam ago profugus.
    |Nemo saltat sobrius.

Quote Originally Posted by McGuywer View Post
    Agreed.

Only in Cape Town... it's a municipal by-law.
    ELO: Here is the news...

Quote Originally Posted by McGuywer View Post
    Agreed.

I think the 5 minute rule is somewhere in Cape Town. I know it's not true in Gauteng otherwise my neighbor would have a lot of fun and games.

I love animals: but if you own a dog it is your responsibility to ensure that it is not a bother in the neighborhood.

Dogs need attention and nurturing. If you leave them alone all day then they get bored.

Refer to this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicci View Post
    I am a tool

My neighbour has 3 German Shephards that can bark all day/night when they are not home. Maybe your dog does bark more if you are away as well?

I think my dogs are a pain, for my neighbours at least

But I would also like to know what the law say, as I have had ideas about sleeping pills and KFC. Should work like a charm?

I have at many times considered more extreme measures: but each and every time I get back to the fact that: It's not the dog, it's the owner.

I would like to feed some owners KFC with some sleeping pills; or use fire crackers attached to a body part to communicate the problem I have with noise during normal sleeping time.

Quote Originally Posted by HavocXphere View Post
    Not law...its local regulations.

I wouldn't bother doing anything until someone mans the fck up and talks to you instead of running to the police. If it does go to court (unlikely) demand to face your accuser and see evidence. If that fails demand trial by combat...

I wouldn't worry, but do make sure they don't have a legit point. Dogs bark when lonely....i.e. when you're not there to hear it.
    i second the request to have a trial by combat.
    ...IMHO.

Run any Windows program as a service
    CPU|Mobo|RAM|HDD|Screen|KB|Mouse|Case|Am I cool nao? :3

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast