Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Gautrain - OR Tambo to Soccer City

Default Gautrain - OR Tambo to Soccer City

Excuse my ignorance on our national train, but I am attending the Coldplay concert in JHB, and was wondering, is it possible to get from OR Tambo to soccer city on the night of the concert, and back again afterwards?

My plan is to fly in, catch the rain/busses there and back, spend the night in one of the hotels near the airport and fly out the next morning?

Is this possible?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stevengzn View Post
    Excuse my ignorance on our national train, but I am attending the Coldplay concert in JHB, and was wondering, is it possible to get from OR Tambo to soccer city on the night of the concert, and back again afterwards?

My plan is to fly in, catch the rain/busses there and back, spend the night in one of the hotels near the airport and fly out the next morning?

Is this possible?

Thanks
    No. Because our silly little train system don't operate that late into the evening. Also, I don't even think the busses go out that far.
    So what's your excuse for not using Linux?

Gautrain OR Tambo to Soccer City is not possible. Gautrain will take you to Sandton and then Rosebank, depending on your choice.

But check on the computicket site, they have a specific coldplay - parking and transport section. This will allow you to plan better.

Gautrain is not a national train.

In short you cannot. The gautrain only operates till 20h30.

I suggest looking at what park and ride options are available for the concert, and find a hotel thats near to that. E.g. If there is park and ride from Gold Reef City, you can stay there, and you can take a bus to and from the concert back.

Generally, getting out of the stadium area is usually a mission if you go by car or even train, there have been problems with the train (U2 concert).

Actually i just saw there is a park and ride from Emperors Palace.

Thats your best bet. From the airport, Emperors has a shuttle to their hotels (which is very close to the airport). And then you can use the park and ride to get to the stadium and back.