Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: SMS keeps on going

Default SMS keeps on going

The importance of SMS

While a cat has nine lives, it seems that SMS has an infinite number of lives

So while the rise in mobile instant messaging (MIM) has been heralded as its end, a closer look shows that this rather increases SMSís value in the corporate space.

Still cant believe a blackberry is considered a smartphone. Then my 3 year old nokia should also be considered a smartphone.

There is nothing smart about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Prof.Merlin View Post
    Still cant believe a blackberry is considered a smartphone. Then my 3 year old nokia should also be considered a smartphone.

The first iphones were not exactly smart either.....

Grandmaster

Seconded!!

Quote Originally Posted by falcon786 View Post
    The first iphones were not exactly smart either.....
    But then iphones became smart. BB stayed stupid!

I foresee it's place in everyday use for a while yet to come. Besides not everyone owns a 'smartphone'.
    Real Men Don't Rape! [Lead SA]
    Report rape and sexual abuse. You can SMS an anonymous tip-off to 32211. SMS charged at R1.

Quote Originally Posted by McT View Post
    I foresee it's place in everyday use for a while yet to come. Besides not everyone owns a 'smartphone'.
    They are becoming much more affordable though. Take the little Vodafone V858 for instance. Can get it for about R1000.00 i think it is. Runs Android 2.3 nogal. :-)
    I don't pay taxes, I pay royalties
    Pieter Dirk Uys

But then iphones became smart. BB stayed stupid!
    I'm not a blackberry fan but the newer ones are smart phones,especially when it comes to email handling they just beat the socks of everything else.

I had a 9300 and 9800 torch and they would qualify as smart phones,whats makes you say they not smart?the graphics poor ui or the slow processors?Or are you basing your statement on the not so grand multimedia capabilities?

I currently own an android x10i and had an iphone 3gs in the past so i know that blackberries are a bit behind the times but they are certainly smart phones.

Blog Entries

yeah, but its strength lies in its simplicity. the secret to success is simplicity.
    Remember: The liver is EVIL and must be punished.

MXit has only been at this since forever and BBM and Whatsapp get all the credit. Nice.

That said SMS is gonna remain around for a long time yet since it can reach any device at any time even when lack of data abilities renders MIM useless.