Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 273334353637 3839404147 ... LastLast

Thread: List of congested exchanges?

I've logged my extremely high attenuation for my exchange (BENMORE GARDENS (RBGS) Exchange) using the Telkom Fault-Logging page.

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
    Connection Speed 1024 kbps 512 kbps
    Line Attenuation 57.5 db 31.5 db
    Noise Margin 14.0 db 9.0 db

Hopefully a resolution. Could such attenuation be a result of congestion?
    Xbox Live: eXpZA
    PSN: eXp_ZA

Twitter.com/eXpZA

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by XperiAnce View Post
    nope A direct result of the quality of your physical line. ie. the copper itself
    sigh

I've logged my extremely high attenuation for my exchange (BENMORE GARDENS (RBGS) Exchange) using the Telkom Fault-Logging page.

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
    Connection Speed 1024 kbps 512 kbps
    Line Attenuation 57.5 db 31.5 db
    Noise Margin 14.0 db 9.0 db

Note they are upgrading your exchange to 40mb fibre to each street cabinet so once done by about August your attenuation should be about 1 or 2 on both up and down!

Cross fingers it's fixed by June that's when ours is done , four ways exchange

Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Hoping someone can shed some light as i am confused somewhat .

Been experiencing congestion on a daily basis with my line going down (can ping sites but no access or timeouts) for 5hrs:30mins as per post above.

Scheduled maintenance is happening tomorrow morning but i am connected to NSNG exchange

Will any of these effect me?

Areas affected: DSLAM Affected: RST1 - NUBB(E44)DSLAM Affected: RST1 - SPJD(D17)DSLAM Affected: RST1 - STVD(D15)DSLAM Affected: STANGERDSLAM Affected: STANGER 2
    As announced here

Also what does maintenance entail exactly ?

Quote Originally Posted by Yuu View Post
    @Diabolix , what email address did you use and did you just send the tracert results?

For the first time since they upgraded our exchange 2 weeks ago, it hasn't gone on the frits yet tonight, normally goes off on weekends/all week from 18:00 to 22:30 around this time but will see what happens tomorrow.

I would like to have their email address handy incase i need to email them .

+1 for Telkom sorting out the issues, we have great support on the forum too ;-)
    I just googled telkom e-mail support and used the first link. Maybe I was just lucky?

Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Diabolix View Post
    I just googled telkom e-mail support and used the first link. Maybe I was just lucky?
    Thanks, will try this

Hi techead;

As requested in this thread: http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthre...ngestion-query I attach tracert and dsl stats; please check them for me. As you can see tracert is horrible (this is about as bad as it gets); are you aware of any problems on Bothasig exchange? Perhaps its just my port or the specific DSLAM I am connecting too? I will be doing a few changes in my house cabling to try and eliminate local issues.

- stats
    - tracert

- phil1982

Quote Originally Posted by oliverwww View Post
    Note they are upgrading your exchange to 40mb fibre to each street cabinet so once done by about August your attenuation should be about 1 or 2 on both up and down!

Cross fingers it's fixed by June that's when ours is done , four ways exchange
    I only saw this now, where did you get this information?

I've already begun the process of asking to be moved to RBGSAB (which is only 1.4km away from me, whereas RBGS is almost 5km away from me).

Edit: according to Broadbandstats, my number is connected to RBGS which is 5km away from me. I've put in a request to move to RBGSAB which is only 1.4km away from me (but in the other direction). Does this mean that my attenuation will go down because I'm going from 5km -> 1.4km, or will my attenuation actually go up because I'm going from 5km -> 6.4km?

RBGSA is the Benmore Exchange (where my line currently is), whereas RBGSAB/RBGSAC are exchanges that are a lot closer to my house, but still fall part of the RBGSA Benmore Exchange.
    Last edited by XperiAnce; 20-05-2012 at 10:36 PM.
    Xbox Live: eXpZA
    PSN: eXp_ZA

Twitter.com/eXpZA

Blog Entries

hope you got some salt handy, you gonna need it
    sigh

Hi there,

I'm on the MEYERSDAL (RMEY04) Exchange, which is also heavily congested. What is the process to effectively log an complaint with Telkom and have this resolved?

Thanks

Blog Entries

I've already begun the process of asking to be moved to RBGSAB (which is only 1.4km away from me, whereas RBGS is almost 5km away from me).

Edit: according to Broadbandstats, my number is connected to RBGS which is 5km away from me. I've put in a request to move to RBGSAB which is only 1.4km away from me (but in the other direction). Does this mean that my attenuation will go down because I'm going from 5km -> 1.4km, or will my attenuation actually go up because I'm going from 5km -> 6.4km?

RBGSA is the Benmore Exchange (where my line currently is), whereas RBGSAB/RBGSAC are exchanges that are a lot closer to my house, but still fall part of the RBGSA Benmore Exchange.
    I am 4 km from my 10 meg enabled Exchange, but 500 meters from the old UMC box which only can do 4 megs

SNR Margin (0.1 dB): 303 270
    Attenuation (0.1 dB): 80 35
    Output Power (0.1 dBm): 72 121
    Attainable Rate (Kbps): 12192 1212

so it will reduce your attenuation a lot and help your SNR reading
    Last edited by ichigo; 31-05-2012 at 09:36 PM.

CLAREINCH (WCLH) Exchange

My ping and speeds have been terrible since the 4th June from about 4pm every weekday and all day during the weekends. See image for tracert, ping, pingplotter and speedtest.

http://postimage.org/image/q3ydw9klx/

Many other people in the area have been reporting the same issues. Is this exchange congestion?

Line:1Mbps
    ISP: mweb
    SNR Margin (dB): 292 (down) 140 (up)
    Attenuation (dB):235 (down) 130
    Output Power (dBm):44 (down) 79
    Attainable Rate (Kbps):10848 (down) 952
    Rate (Kbps):1024 (down) 512
    D (interleaver depth):1 (down) 1
    Delay (msec):0.13 (down) 0.25

Edit: Telkom confirmed, exchange congested. Many people in claremont, keniworth, wynberg having this 'internet unusable during peak times' issue. People, how can you get telkom to deal with a congested exchange? Do we keep logging faults until they fix it???
    Last edited by 21stcn; 10-06-2012 at 09:31 AM. Reason: updated info

also running 1mbps and get about half the speed and its verry unstable

worcester aria

telkom see they are loosing clients,they will loos even more if they dont fix all there crap....

Here is the entire list of all exchanges in South Africa. The formatting got a bit wacked but its accurate. If your exchange as less than 20 spare ports it is badly congested usually. Harrass Telkom for an upgrade.

The list was too long to post here so I split it in two parts:

Part 1 - http://shortText.com/Iaw2wJ

Part 2 - http://shortText.com/a9dFNWwM

Hope this helps

thank you

and holf f... it look like it the whole SA that fckd :P
    Last edited by sybertiger; 11-06-2012 at 04:19 PM.

Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 273334353637 3839404147 ... LastLast