Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 51112131415 1617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Chemotherapy

You are a brave soul Wrathex, an inspiration,a survivor. Words won't do justice to describe what you have been through.

Stay strong.

Keep posting, keep smiling,keep shining

One of my favourite quotes...Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else expects you to fall apart, that's true strength.

Your courage and strength continually amaze and inspire me, Wrathex. Stay strong

Awesome news heksie....

You are an absolutely amazing person, and if everyone could be half as strong and positive as you the world would be a better place...
    Quote Originally Posted by Korn1 View Post
    I have been called a retard my whole life

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicBunny View Post
    Awesome news heksie....

You are an absolutely amazing person, and if everyone could be half as strong and positive as you the world would be a better place...
    Amen to that.
    Behind every dark cloud lies the sun, waiting to boil you alive.

I am finishing treatment today, what a fast & furious journey.

Diagnosed in July 2011: Stage 3 Melanoma in Lymphs
    Surgery in Aug 2011: Removed all lymphs under left arm: permanent side effect: light partial paralysis & tingling
    Radiation in August 2011: Radiated left arm/shoulder
    High Dosage Chemo follows: August 2011 - May 2012 - Failed for me.
    Three strokes follows - 2 May 2012
    Brain surgery follows - 7 May 2012 brain tumours on right and left brain removed
    Brain radiation follows - 4 June 2012 and finishes 19 June 2012

Prognosis: 1 to 6 months
    Best hopeful: extended to ~9 months with the brain radiation treatment I've just completed
    Biggest risk : Stroke
    My biggest fear : a paralysis stroke as I would obviousely not mind a killer stroke

I keep taking epilepsy medication, this calms the brain and prevents seizures.
    I go on and off brain steroids as needed from here. (helps with brain edema and fatigue and thinking fast and clearly..

I'm in a good state of mind and definately retreating to my inner verse ever so slowly.
    I'm very very tired on one level, but not willing to let any time slip by me, so I sleep when I have to lol

Family and friends were concerned about my lack of sleep (3 days at a time) but the neurologist assured them that I will sleep when I have to and they should not worry

I sleep an average of 5 hours a day right now, making use of all the time I can.
    I am going to have a big sleep, why waste it now !
    This text exists even though you can't really see it, now apply this truth to your existence in the universe.

Buckle up and enjoy the ride!

*my inspiration
    Celine: "i think you are 2 sarmies short of a picnic basket."

Goodness, it's not getting any easier is it??!!!

I would have thrown in the towel long ago.

You're a bloody titan!!!
    Every minute I stay in this room, I get weaker, and every minute Charlie squats in the bush, he gets stronger

Blog Entries

All the good thoughts in the world to you and yours dear wrathex.

*edit*

You are a bloody inspiration to me, even before this episode of your life. If you recall, I read some of your writing a while back, and was very impressed, and your future oriented and humanistic view has always knocked my socks off.

You're a champ.
    Last edited by copacetic; 19-06-2012 at 10:18 AM.
    Behind every dark cloud lies the sun, waiting to boil you alive.

Quote Originally Posted by copacetic View Post
    All the good thoughts in the world to you and yours dear wrathex.

*edit*

You are a bloody inspiration to me, even before this episode of your life. If you recall, I read some of your writing a while back, and was very impressed, and your future oriented and humanistic view has always knocked my socks off.

You're a champ.
    +1

You're amazing, wrathex and an inspiration to us all.

You will always be in my thoughts and I will remember you and your journey for the rest of my life. I hope that should I ever go through what you have, that I do you proud.
    ██████████
    ██████████
    ██████████

Blog Entries

Such an attitude deserves a massive medal!
    "No! You idiot! You on the right track but on the wrong train." - RPhiri

It sounds like you're still staying strong, wrathex. That's great! I hope your journey brings you more joy than sorrow and that you're able to close the chapters you need to. Keep rockin'!
    Lo, they do call to me,
    they bid me take my place among them,
    in the Halls of Valhalla,
    where the brave may live...forever.

Grandmaster

Here I am going through a divorce and someone is going through this. I should NEVER EVER complain about my small problems. EVER.
    i7 2600 | Asus P8H67-M (Rev B3) | Corsair TX650 | CM Scout | Mushkin Silverline BBR3 1333 -2X4GB | DeepCool Tiger Shark | 1TB Samsung | LG DVD-Writer

I wish you well with the rest of your journey, one day, somewhere we shall meet. May your soul flourish and embrace complete freedom when that time comes.
    i7 2600K @3.8 | GA Z68P-DS3 | OCZ Vertex 4 256gb SSD | 16gb HyperX Red | GTX670 Windforce | Antec H2O 920 | CM 600W Silent Pro M | CM HAF 922 | 27" IPS WQHD

Default Hang in there!

Quote Originally Posted by wrathex View Post
    I have already completed 5 weeks of radiation and got a one week break to rest and become calm (in this week of rest my debit card was skimmed lol,) as I start with chemo this coming Monday, I will get it by drip in heavy dosage of Interferon alfa-2b every day for the next 5 weeks.

I go in at 4pm on Monday afternoon. I just called my oncology unit to ask whether I should cut my hair, I was told, no that I will lose a little hair and get some thinning of hair, but hair and nausea will be the least of my problems. I was advised that on Monday evening I will feel like I am dying, and that my first chemo treatment will be the worst and that if I survive that , then afterwards everything will go better !

It does not help that I have read too much about this medication, so much so that every cell in my body wants me to run in the opposite direction.

From the data I've gathered and from my most cynical interpretation of it - is that cancer is cured by killing the patient.

I've been getting butterflies since Wednesday about this. I am scared, more so than at any other time of my life for or about anything, it is a deep fear, I fear that I will not survive the chemo itself, and that if I do, I will have chemobrain afterwards, which is a condition of cognitive malfunction, which I already have on a psychiatric level.

Quick Summary of Interferon alfa-2b

I am downloading music to my chemo playlist, ambient, and psy ambient, I think it matches the poison, I have to lie down for three hours while the drip drips, and its total escape from reality that I'm after - the music MUST transport me.

If I survive to tell the tale, I shall forthwith be known as Wrathex the Conan !

For I go to do battle at Mordor, the dark forces assail me and I shall not surrender that which is so dear to me - my beloved friends !

Oh and to the onlooking extraterrestrials, sies on you, for letting me suffer like this, you could cure me, but you hunker behind your First Contact Laws, watching humanity wriggle about in confusion, when I ascend, there's going to be hell to pay, when I signed up to be a walk-in advocate for humanity, I had no idea that you would literally make me suffer in so many little ways, just wait till I come back, in the next spiral galaxy - you're doing the 'walk-in' buddy !
    Look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0psJhQHk_GI

Rick Simpson cured his cancer with hemp. It is a true story.
    I also know for a fact cancer cannot survive in an alkaline environment, it needs an acidic environment. So anything that will make your body more alkaline will be very helpfull. Like BasePowder, melons, water-melons etc.
    Best of luck!

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Wow. You are an amazing person

Namaste!!!
    “Character — the willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life — is the source from which self-respect springs.”

Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 51112131415 1617181925 ... LastLast