Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: IT Project Management Courses

Default IT Project Management Courses

Hi Everyone

I am looking at different courses to do for next year and like the prospect of an IT Project Management Course that Intec College is offering. I am just looking for thoughts or suggestions on whether or not this will be a good course to do as I haven't worked for a few years due to disability and also haven't got any certificates other than matric. My knowledge of computers is all self taught and don't see the sense in doing a PC beginners course. So any constructive suggestions would be appreciated on this matter.

Thanks
    TOTTENHAM FOR LIFE!!!

I'd suggest specializing in an MCITP direction rather(lots of variables to choose from, development, support etc.). My opinion is since you don't have experience in the field you are going to struggle to get work, just based on the IT project management course.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...citp.aspx#tab2
    Soli Deo Gloria
    Jesus loves you as you are, not as you should be.

|GeckoStretchTents|DomainCheap|FixedAssetManagement|

Thank you, I will have a look at that.
    TOTTENHAM FOR LIFE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RyanMB View Post
    Thank you, I will have a look at that.
    Definitely look back to Project Management when you are a few years into the field (3-5 years), but not as a start off point.
    Soli Deo Gloria
    Jesus loves you as you are, not as you should be.

|GeckoStretchTents|DomainCheap|FixedAssetManagement|

Quote Originally Posted by RyanMB View Post
    Hi Everyone

I am looking at different courses to do for next year and like the prospect of an IT Project Management Course that Intec College is offering. I am just looking for thoughts or suggestions on whether or not this will be a good course to do as I haven't worked for a few years due to disability and also haven't got any certificates other than matric. My knowledge of computers is all self taught and don't see the sense in doing a PC beginners course. So any constructive suggestions would be appreciated on this matter.

Thanks
    What's more important is what do you want to do in IT?

Grandmaster

@ Ryan Project Management is exactly one of the things I was considering lately but as said earlier it is rather better to gain some experience and go for MCITP or something similar first.

Can only say now that I have the 5 years experience + just one exam away from MCITP myself it is only after this time that I would feel confident handling project management in this field if I decide on it. While you may be pretty good with PC's and all round tech it is the business decision making and general infrastructure implementation and maintenance that is a real monster to handle. I think it is really important to get that exposure first and see what businesses go through before coordinating that sort of thing
    If you're gonna be dumb you gotta be tough!

Quote Originally Posted by TheGuy View Post
    What's more important is what do you want to do in IT?
    Honestly I know my strengths are being able to understand the technical side of PC's and relay them into shall i say lay mans terms. so I'm looking to utilize that, but because of my lack of work experience, i'm just looking for anything that will get me in the door.
    TOTTENHAM FOR LIFE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by teraside View Post
    Definitely look back to Project Management when you are a few years into the field (3-5 years), but not as a start off point.
    Will do as Project Management really grabs my attention. Thanks Again
    TOTTENHAM FOR LIFE!!!

Have a look at Unisa as well, they seem to have some good PM courses.
    entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

Go big. Do your MPBOK.