Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MyBroadband Competition Rules

Super Grandmaster

There's no rule against multiple winnings. In fact, it looks like once you join the winner's pool you're more likely to win again
    the nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry & depression

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Hemps View Post
    Can people win more than once?
    I won a tablet in January, am I still eligible for another prize this year?
    Would be kind of nice, in a sense, for people who have won similar prizes to what's on offer to not be eligible for a year's period - in this example, if you won a tablet in Jan 2013, you don't get to win any other tablets till Jan 2014, but are still eligible for anything else (such as a laptop, desktop or even a Lamborgini if it comes to it - just not another tablet)
    flickr | Fecesbook
    I bow to your superior technique of shooting crap in camera then recovering in post!

Would be kind of nice, in a sense, for people who have won similar prizes to what's on offer to not be eligible for a year's period - in this example, if you won a tablet in Jan 2013, you don't get to win any other tablets till Jan 2014, but are still eligible for anything else (such as a laptop, desktop or even a Lamborgini if it comes to it - just not another tablet)
    This is a tech website essentially, so i think there should be a rule like that BUT it should apply from when the tablet was released to the public, the device I won was released in 2011 and has only a 160k screen, that's ancient in terms of tech.

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Hemps View Post
    This is a tech website essentially, so i think there should be a rule like that BUT it should apply from when the tablet was released to the public, the device I won was released in 2011 and has only a 160k screen, that's ancient in terms of tech.
    Irrelevant imo; if you opt to try and win it, that implies you want it (whether to sell, give away or use). If its age and tech has any short-term problems for you, then don't enter.

Otherwise, what would happen in the event that someone wins, as an example, an i7-3770 in January 2013 (released Q2'12), and then a few months later in current time, such as in April (then Q2'13) its successor has come out? It's still an expensive prize, it's still a well-performing prize and you only just won the one you got, which you wouldn't necessarily have had otherwise. Just because it's newer and better doesn't mean people should automatically be entitled to winning 'again' just because what they have is older. Not in my opinion, anyway.

Hell, for a more direct comparison, let's talk iPhone 4 vs iPhone 4S as prizes for two different competitions run in a relatively short span of time. "I should be allowed to take part because my iPhone 4 is old!"? Nein danke.
    Last edited by nanonyous; 21-02-2013 at 12:32 AM.
    flickr | Fecesbook
    I bow to your superior technique of shooting crap in camera then recovering in post!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123