Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: nvidia drivers don't work anymore for my gtx560Ti

Default nvidia drivers don't work anymore for my gtx560Ti

I recently bought a msi gtx560Ti twinFrozer 2 graphics card, i used their msi afterburner to overclock it from standard 880mhz to 950 mhz, it was working fine for a few days until it gave me an error about driver issues.
    From then onwards I've just been having problems with all the nvidia drivers, i can install them but after rebooting i get the blue screen of death saying something about trying to reset my graphics adapter.

Any help will be appreciated.

Download driver sweeper and remove all nvidia drivers, download the latest drivers and load them up.

Failing that sweep the drivers clean again and load the drivers on the disk, failing that perhaps the card is faulty. Remove msi afterburner as well.

The poster previously known as Qwikslver Chevron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vanillathunder722 View Post
    I recently bought a msi gtx560Ti twinFrozer 2 graphics card, i used their msi afterburner to overclock it from standard 880mhz to 950 mhz, it was working fine for a few days until it gave me an error about driver issues.
    From then onwards I've just been having problems with all the nvidia drivers, i can install them but after rebooting i get the blue screen of death saying something about trying to reset my graphics adapter.

Any help will be appreciated.
    There's a chance you ****ed up the card by over clocking too far. Have you reset the card to stock clocks?

Super Grandmaster

switch to amd :P

ok so unistall your current drivers.
    then boot SAFE MODE into windows and clean the old drivers off.
    then reboot into normal mode and load nvidia 280.26, seems to work best for me.
    Clevo P150HM ,I7 2720QM , 1080P 95% gamut display , 8GB 1333mhz ,Blueray rom ,750gb 7200RPM ,GTX 485M 675/1600
    Dell 29 inch ultrasharp.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwikslver View Post
    There's a chance you ****ed up the card by over clocking too far. Have you reset the card to stock clocks?
    Is that even possible?

The poster previously known as Qwikslver Chevron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by killadoob View Post
    Is that even possible?
    Well why wouldn't MSi release it at 950mhz to get more sales if it was safe?

Sounds like a driver issue not liking the overclock, set back to default imo
    The liver is evil... and must be punished

how will i reset it back to 880mhz? the card seems to work though just all the drivers when installed and rebooted, shows the blue screen saying trying to reset graphics adapter or bla bla(all has to do with the graphics driver). before i restart it does pick up my gtx 560 Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Qwikslver View Post
    Well why wouldn't MSi release it at 950mhz to get more sales if it was safe?
    Yea but i have overclocked many cards and cpu and nothing has ever broken, seems a bit of a stretch to believe vga cards can be damage but i guess it could happen.

I know with my 3 cards if it doesn't like the overclock it freezes and resets to stock. Granted mine are ati.

Super Grandmaster

gigabyte sells gtx 560 ti overclocked to 950mhz, 560ti is fine at that wont burn out etc :P
    Clevo P150HM ,I7 2720QM , 1080P 95% gamut display , 8GB 1333mhz ,Blueray rom ,750gb 7200RPM ,GTX 485M 675/1600
    Dell 29 inch ultrasharp.

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Overclocking it to 950MHz should be fine, as long as you don't increase the voltage too much.
    It is the voltage increase that can kill the card, and not the frequency increase.

It is generally not a good idea to configure MSI Afterburner to overclock the card on startup, because then you can run in situations like you currently have.

Is it the 280.26 drivers? Plenty problems with them especially on the 560. It even gives my gtx 460 plenty issues with driver stopped responding and recovered errors. Still waiting on a fix
    Cosmos II|Asus Maximus III extreme|i7 860 + V6GT|8gb Corsair Vengeance|128gb ssd|28TB|GTX 480|Corsair TX850W|RAT7 + G15|2494HS|X-530's|Liberty Lan - Garfield

well i tried the 280.26. it kinda worked for a while but then crashed, and i tried 266.66 and the 285 beta i think, im at work right now so will give feedbacks when im home