Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Push Network Messages

Default Push Network Messages

Hi Guys.

I seem to keep getting some sort of Push Network Messages which are spam on my Android phone.
    The problem is I don't know how to deactivate them. They only appear on my notification bar, and not in the message area or Handcent, so I don't even know where to go to deactivate it.

The ads all seem to be from Sponsormob.com

I tried going to message settings and disabling push network notifications, but that didn't work. If I click the push message, it opens up and internet website straight away without displaying the notification.

It uses various icons to display in the notification area such as a green plus symbol and a red dot symbol.

If you have any idea how to stop this thing, please let me know.

Regards

Itai
    Officially a Chartered Accountant ... Anyone with any business opportunities

its from one of the free apps you intalled
    Johannesburg Wireless User Group.
    www.jawug.za.net

I was thinking that may be it, but now that you said it, it must be ... damn, I wonder which one
    Officially a Chartered Accountant ... Anyone with any business opportunities

Grandmaster

One of the dodgy looking ones?

When you find it, name and shame. Give it a 1-star rating on the Market too.

There must be a way to see which app triggers the ads.

Quote Originally Posted by Maddmatt View Post
    One of the dodgy looking ones?

When you find it, name and shame. Give it a 1-star rating on the Market too.

There must be a way to see which app triggers the ads.
    I found the app by deleting the recently installed apps 1 by 1 when the notification appeared until it disappeared. The app was called "Top 20 Music Chart" by SWMobile.

Grandmaster

Hmm, needs a few more 1-star ratings to warn people...

Still, the latest reviews do point out the ads. Always check ratings and glance at the reviews to avoid crap like that

One of those reviews mentions an app, "AirPush Detector", that can be used to detect apps like that. Could be useful in future.

Those spamifications were driving me nuts. Yes 'AirPush Detector' identifies which apps are using AirPush to spam your notifications bar so you can remove them. Those android green plus sign notifications and red & white star spam icons were making me extremely fsucking irked.
    'The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws', Tacitus | http://www.flickr.com/photos/milano2001