Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter



Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 30 of 30

Thread: Why was the "ask a lazy guy anything" thread closed?

  1. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ancalagon View Post
    Sigh. Mods, some input please.
    How much you want to bet their answer is going to be to lock this thread !
    Quote Originally Posted by Human View Post
    The sex is always a given, booze just makes it easier to skip a few steps.
    EAE is reborn !!! www.eae2.co.za

  2. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ancalagon View Post
    So? Plenty of threads are carp, they are just allowed to die a natural death. Why was this one closed before its time?
    Mods, in their infinite wisdom are naturally superior to mere posting mortals, and in their impeccable judgement deem threads crap or not. It is patently ridiculous to assume others can think. Get a grip!

  3. #18
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Posts
    11,686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ancalagon View Post
    As if its somehow less productive than the mafia wars thread?
    Firstly its not mafia wars. That apparently is a facebook game where many people get bad ideas about the mafia game that is played here.
    #Occupy TK
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
    Sometimes, I just love your mind...
    T A N S T A A F L

  4. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Palimino View Post
    Surely if they didn’t care there would be no need to lock it? Isn’t that democracy? The option to be as ‘stupid’ as you please and the option of others to read it as they please? This smells of censorship. Maybe a pre-emptive anticipation of the Information Bill?
    Malema does the same yet you all complain.
    Since when has this place been like that? They lock and delete threads all the time, they aren't trigger happy but you get many "why was this closed/deleted" threads.
    Cowboy's never cry

    As a wise man once said, men are from Mars and women like penis.

  5. #20

    Default

    I'm too lazy to read any post on this thread.

  6. #21
    Paramedic gdiza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Vredehoek, Cape Town
    Posts
    18,505
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    Is bwana being nawty again?
    Twitter

  7. #22

    Default

    I'm too lazy to predict a thread closure

  8. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Helghast View Post
    Malema does the same yet you all complain.
    (CAUTION: FACTS AHEAD)

    The complaints about Malema are to do with hate speech, thieving from the taxpayer and his diatribes about ‘nationalisation’ (which have negative implications for the greater SA). If all he did was express stupid opinions, there would be no complaints.

  9. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ancalagon View Post
    As if its somehow less productive than the mafia wars thread?
    You seem to be looking for

    "ask a Mod anything" thread

    Disclaimer: The use of my free time precludes any reproach.
    Latest: The peanut gallery has you.

  10. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Palimino View Post
    (CAUTION: FACTS AHEAD)

    The complaints about Malema are to do with hate speech, thieving from the taxpayer and his diatribes about ‘nationalisation’ (which have negative implications for the greater SA). If all he did was express stupid opinions, there would be no complaints.
    Your point? It's his opinion people shouldn't complain... but of course they should when it comes to free speech there are always exception, Malema calls for nationalisation, it might be bad for SA but at the end of the day it's free speech is it not?
    Cowboy's never cry

    As a wise man once said, men are from Mars and women like penis.

  11. #26
    Psychonaut seven satanboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    the edge of the shroom
    Posts
    40,477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ancalagon View Post
    Sigh. Mods, some input please.
    do you have a jar of .... never mind

    pm a mod...stop being so lazy


  12. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Helghast View Post
    Your point? It's his opinion people shouldn't complain... but of course they should when it comes to free speech there are always exception, Malema calls for nationalisation, it might be bad for SA but at the end of the day it's free speech is it not?
    He is not the problem it's the less literate (they are kept so for a reason) that might cling to their messiah and follow through. Politics + religion == trouble.
    Disclaimer: The use of my free time precludes any reproach.
    Latest: The peanut gallery has you.

  13. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Helghast View Post
    Your point? It's his opinion people shouldn't complain... but of course they should when it comes to free speech there are always exception, Malema calls for nationalisation, it might be bad for SA but at the end of the day it's free speech is it not?
    My point is it’s expressed to a heaving mass of captive cretins (ANCYL) who put credibility to his views. This is irresponsible. It’s not an opinion expressed on a bulletin board where the readership are captive or expect leadership and profound utterances.

    By your logic, yelling FIRE! in a darkened, crowded theatre is also ‘free speech’. It’s irresponsible, and grown-up adults don’t do it.

  14. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Palimino View Post
    My point is it’s expressed to a heaving mass of captive cretins (ANCYL) who put credibility to his views. This is irresponsible. It’s not an opinion expressed on a bulletin board where the readership are captive or expect leadership and profound utterances.

    By your logic, yelling FIRE! in a darkened, crowded theatre is also ‘free speech’. It’s irresponsible, and grown-up adults don’t do it.
    It's free speech but also irresponsible.
    I'm not defending Malema here, I also don't like the guy, but you can't argue that some of the stuff he says is free speech and he can say it if he wants to.
    Cowboy's never cry

    As a wise man once said, men are from Mars and women like penis.

  15. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Helghast View Post
    It's free speech but also irresponsible.
    I'm not defending Malema here, I also don't like the guy, but you can't argue that some of the stuff he says is free speech and he can say it if he wants to.
    Irresponsible free speech has consequences. The person who yelled FIRE! and caused the deaths of 3 people in the ensuing stampede, will have to answer for his imbecilic actions. Same with Malema except his ‘free speech’ has the potential for causing many, many more deaths.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •