Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 10 1 2345 ... LastLast

Thread: New 1 series - Thoughts?

Default New 1 series - Thoughts?

Any thoughts to share on the new 1 series? Pricing is available on the BMW website and looks reasonably good.

R287k for the 116i turbo 100kw automatic. The interior sportspack has optional high gloss piano black panels with red highlights and the leather seats have the same black with red piping.

I must say, the looks are growing on me after thinking it look retarded at first.

Unless the new A3 looks even better, I think I just found the wifey's next cab.

Super Grandmaster

Its a pity about the styling, because it is a good car otherwise.

Personally, I'd wait for the new A3 as a comparison.
    If you can read this, then good for you.

It doesnt seem to look that different to the old one. Am I missing something?

turbo? 100kw?

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Ancalagon View Post
    It doesnt seem to look that different to the old one. Am I missing something?
    I think they managed to make it even uglier than the previous model, which is quite an achievement!
    If you can read this, then good for you.

Not too bad, dont think id ever buy 1 though

Its revolting to look at.

The back looks exactly like the Polo

Ewww. And plus it starts at R287k

IMO BMW should not do hatches - they should rather stick with the 1-series coupe shape, and add two extra doors throughout the range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicci View Post
    I am a tool

I think it looks quite nice with the sports package.

Only 100kW from a 1.6 turbo?
    I'd rather buy a 132kW Polo GTI for R261K, pocket the R26K change and run circles around the BMW.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by superskully View Post
    The back looks exactly like the Polo
    That's exactly what I've been saying for the past two years when everyone was saying the back of the Polo was ugly, whilst saying that the 1 series was great!
    ''Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives.... .'' ~ John Lennon

Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_S View Post
    Only 100kW from a 1.6 turbo?
    I'd rather buy a 132kW Polo GTI for R261K, pocket the R26K change and run circles around the BMW.
    The difference: you'll still be driving VW Polo which really isn't such a great car to begin with... And the 116i also isn't aimed at people who want to drag race from a robot...

The BMW also comes with a 5 year motorplan which pretty much covers everything except tires. Even oil and service. Once you add those costs to the Polo which only has a 3 year warranty your change is almost gone...

Quote Originally Posted by Tim182 View Post
    The difference: you'll still be driving VW Polo which really isn't such a great car to begin with... And the 116i also isn't aimed at people who want to drag race from a robot...

The BMW also comes with a 5 year motorplan which pretty much covers everything except tires. Even oil and service. Once you add those costs to the Polo which only has a 3 year warranty your change is almost gone...
    Really? Have you driven the Polo GTI? I've test driven it and it's great, and it comes with all the bells and whistles that the 1-series comes with.

A Polo GTI with a maintenance plan offers far more value than a 1-series, and the fuel consumption is astonishing given it's performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicci View Post
    I am a tool

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hoxbig View Post
    Really? Have you driven the Polo GTI? I've test driven it and it's great, and it comes with all the bells and whistles that the 1-series comes with.

A Polo GTI with a maintenance plan offers far more value than a 1-series, and the fuel consumption is astonishing given it's performance.
    Not the GTI but the normal Polo. Don't get me wrong, its a nice little car but it will never feel as premium and well-built as a 1 series.

My point regarding the motoplan was that you have to pay for it extra, its included in the 1's price.

Page 1 of 10 1 2345 ... LastLast