Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SABC plans to broadcast 18 digital TV channels

Default SABC plans to broadcast 18 digital TV channels

SABC plans to broadcast 18 digital TV channels

The state broadcaster told parliament it plans to have 18 TV channels on air within two years after the launch of digital TV

Nice to finally see the SABC is starting to follow it's pay tv rivals and starting to showing more channels full of crappy programming.
    But maybe I should be optimistic, maybe this is their turning point awh who the hell am I kidding ...
    Last edited by somnambulist; 26-09-2011 at 10:32 AM.

Thats all very well, but will it be any unique content or will it be endless repeats of horrible shows filled with a million adverts?
    i7-920 | ATI Radeon HD5970 | DX58SO Mobo | 6GB@1600Hz | 3.5Tb | Logitech x530

With whose money, might I ask? They can't run 3 channels properly let alone another fourteen. They're bankrupt and will just be fleecing tax payers for bailouts.
    "Don't be a hater, yo. I'm in a jacuzzi."

looking forward to repeats 24/7 - not...

Quote Originally Posted by valmore View Post
    Thats all very well, but will it be any unique content or will it be endless repeats of horrible shows filled with a million adverts?
    No matter they still have the "masses" as viewership so companies will pay happily for advertising... This will change the game for pay tv however. Some viewers get satellite because of the crappy analogue signal. With the transition to digital I wonder how they'd (especially DSTV) justify for charging you for an access package.

Quote Originally Posted by phaktza View Post
    With whose money, might I ask? They can't run 3 channels properly let alone another fourteen. They're bankrupt and will just be fleecing tax payers for bailouts.
    Brah like seriously of course the government will bail them out ! The SABC is their numero uno propaganda machine. Blimey Joseph Goebbels would be proud of them ....

Excellent then we will get 15 times as many "worlds best Sotho dramas" !

Who even watches SABC 1,2 and 3 still? I am sure most of the people have DSTV now

Blog Entries

18 Channels of utter crap!

But DSTV still holds the record for the most channels of crap.

Okay - so we can look forward to SABC 1,2,3...18 Quality viewing.

Well, I suppose some lady sitting in a shack somewhere with her 54cm TV and Set Top Box will enjoy another *insert official language here* soapie...

does the taxpayer have any choice in this?
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so

I like the idea I think each official language will have their own channel the only thing wrong with it is that it's the SABC

Heh. *Weighing the scales* extra tax vrs less dstv charge...

Hey, that'll be enough channels for that R150mil of unused crap they bought.
    Problem is not so much the low-quality content, but the adverts every 5 mins which will drive you to drink.
    Or come to think of it, it is actually the crap content as well. Exactly how many movies did Jean Claude van Damme make?

Pity we can't swop channels with them in the UK.

....up to 50 digital TV channels and 24 radio stations with no subscription.

http://www.freeview.co.uk/Channels

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast