Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 28 of 636 FirstFirst ... 182425262728 293031323878128528 ... LastLast

Thread: Telkom Internet Uncapped User Feedback.

Super Grandmaster

My account is still going smoothly, first time since moving to uncapped (launch date) that I don't have performance "issues"

Quote Originally Posted by jpmonster View Post
    Youtube is shaped in the day heavily.
    Even the youtube servers on the SAIX network? Pay attention to the 'transferring data' message in the status bar (at least on firefox), I often see it pulling data from a telkom-hosted youtube server.

Internet down again, third time in 5 months - great service! Been down since Thursday evening.

Called the helpline (lol, helpline) on Friday, told to call back during office hours (figured it was because of the public holiday), call again on Saturday, after several disconnects I eventually get through, person tells me they were open on Friday, hmmm. Log call, get sms with ref number and wait. Call again this morning, automated voice says they're aware there's a problem, I hold on to speak to an agent, call gets cut, phone back, same procedure, now get told that I need to phone back during office hours - seriously? It's 10:30!

Going on one week without internet, FML Telkom.

Just had to phone again to have my case 'escalated'. WTF? One week without ADSL isn't serious enough?

Is anyone else having serious problems with telkom. Can't keep a constant connection to international or local. Now and then I get decent speeds but overall I'm getting about 5 - 10 KB\s

Quote Originally Posted by shaunvw View Post
    Is anyone else having serious problems with telkom. Can't keep a constant connection to international or local. Now and then I get decent speeds but overall I'm getting about 5 - 10 KB\s
    well thats telkom

Join the club, i get 5 - 10kB/s from 6am - 10pm, my local is fine though.

Quote Originally Posted by lilggg View Post
    Join the club, i get 5 - 10kB/s from 6am - 10pm, my local is fine though.
    Telkom said they would shape during the day to 320 Kb\s not to 100Kb\s.
    If this is permanent I'll be moving to MWEB.

Telkom said they would shape during the day to 320 Kb\s not to 100Kb\s.
    If this is permanent I'll be moving to MWEB.
    Exactly, i moved to their uncapped because i thought the FUP was reasonable according to this:

6AM to 6PM: Up to 295kbps
    6AM to 10PM: Up to 354kbps
    10PM to 6AM: Up to 384kbps
    No restriction on local traffic

Unless theres some other FUP i'm missing or they've changed it. Getting less than 128kbps until 10pm, ridiculous.

... and I'm still very happy on the 1Mb/s account!
    ELO: Here is the news...

And why is there always Maintenance here:

Link - To perform Planned Maintenance on the Telkom Network at Durban Central

That gets posted all the time, keeps giving me false hope that that's the problem.

I consistently get >= 100kBps (on the 1Mbps uncapped trial) whenever I look at what I am using (be it local or international), but that is only after-hours, as I have a day job ...

Super Grandmaster

Mine is still going strong... only issue I have is the occasional disconnect.

Where are you located? If you don't want to disclose publicly, PM me with nearest large city. From the reports, it seems this problem is localised ...

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    Where are you located? If you don't want to disclose publicly, PM me with nearest large city. From the reports, it seems this problem is localised ...
    Roodepoort.

Page 28 of 636 FirstFirst ... 182425262728 293031323878128528 ... LastLast