Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 8 1 2345 ... LastLast

Thread: Telkom Internet Usage Tracking Tool shows 0.GB used

Exclamation Telkom Internet Usage Tracking Tool shows 0.GB used

Hi

Today my usage resets as it's the beginning of the month, but the Usage Tracking tool -->> https://secure.telkomsa.net/titracker/, shows that I've used 0.0GB, and I know I've used around 200MB. Am I still being billed for data or am I only going to pay for what the tracking tool displays?

You are going to be billed for the package you are on example ( 5 GB All Access), irrespective of how much data you use every month for example 455 MB out of that 5GBs.
    Afrihost Mobile | Telkom Mobile | Telkom Internet
    Monthly Telkom Internet Usage - 4 MB Uncapped

Sorry I wasn't clear about what I really want to know. Right now I'm on the 3 month promotion thing, where they give you data free and you only pay the line rental and R49/GB after you exceed the free amount of GB. What I wanted to know, is whether I would be billed for the exceeded GB even if the usage tracking tool reports 0.0GB. Example: Right now it tells me I've got 8GB free, and an additional 22GB cap (for which I will pay R49/GB) after I exceed the 8GB. If I use 15GB, will I pay for the 7GB exceeded even though I don't know how much I've used as the tracking tool displays 0.0GB? Also, this is my second month, so I should have recieved a bill in my email on the 30th of last month, but I haven't. How come?
    Last edited by Urban Chaos 2.0; 01-10-2011 at 09:40 PM. Reason: To clear a typo

Blog Entries

check the tracker under 'support' atwww.saix.net, telkom's tracker is usually delayed.

Grandmaster

It happens from time to time that they have technical difficulties with the result that subscribers don't get billed for data usage. I just checked my account - it also displays a combined total 0.00MB for the month and states "No Blended Active Sessions". My guess? You won't get billed for your current usage. But I might be wrong, so downloading excessively might come back to bite you in the ass. It is also said that Telkom read myBB forums so posting about it when they have issues might result in the fun being cut short. Just for future reference

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    It is also said that Telkom read myBB forums so posting about it when they have issues might result in the fun being cut short. Just for future reference
    Hahaha yeah, I thought about that and hoped one of you would point it out. So delete this thread! Now! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    My guess? You won't get billed for your current usage.
    Nuh-uh, in my experience when the tracker shows 0 use for a while, when it eventually starts working again it has the correct usage data. Non-billing has only occurred when the limiter (cap) 'broke' and allowed more data than it should've.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Boo View Post
    Nuh-uh, in my experience when the tracker shows 0 use for a while, when it eventually starts working again it has the correct usage data. Non-billing has only occurred when the limiter (cap) 'broke' and allowed more data than it should've.
    Aaaaww . But I called Telkom and the automated computer told me that I had no outstanding payments on my telephone account, even though I still haven't recieved last month's bill .
    Last edited by Urban Chaos 2.0; 03-10-2011 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Added more info

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Boo View Post
    Sounds about right, my bad. My tracker is still reporting 0.0MB for the month and "No Blended Active Sessions".

But then, can you explain why Telkom told me I owe them nothing?...

Quote Originally Posted by Srack0verflow View Post
    check the tracker under 'support' atwww.saix.net, telkom's tracker is usually delayed.
    No, when things are working correctly (which, besides the past week, is typically > 99% of the time), we should show exactly the same, at exactly the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Chaos 2.0 View Post
    Hi

Today my usage resets as it's the beginning of the month, but the Usage Tracking tool -->> https://secure.telkomsa.net/titracker/, shows that I've used 0.0GB, and I know I've used around 200MB. Am I still being billed for data or am I only going to pay for what the tracking tool displays?
    At present there are performance problems with the database that updates the accumulated usage (following some upgrades performed to the database cluster).

Typically, it runs synchronously, so usage stats on the tracker are as up-to-date as is technically possible (up to the interim accounting record interval).

At present the database isn't able to handle the accounting updates synchronously, so they are being updated asynchronously, but all accounting records *are* being collected.

Your usage will be accounted for.

I can't comment on what you will be billed for, but if no technical changes are made, you will most likely be post-billed for any over-usage that has been accumulated by the time the bill run occurs on your account.

At present the tracker and email notifications are disabled:
    -in order to not present data that we know isn't accurate
    -allow the DBAs to troubleshoot the performance problems without external load

People are working literally around the clock on this. When the problems are resolved, notifications and tracker will be re-enabled.

For the sake of your own pocket, please use the SAIX tracker for now to guage your usage, and don't "abuse" the absence of the TelkomInternet tracker, you'll just be abusing your pocket.

Blog Entries

Thumbs down

I have a Telkom account I use for only downloading. The download client I use uses an international server when I have international access and when I lose that international access the download client automatically moves to the local server.

I was not aware that the usage tracker was not working and if in fact it hasn’t capped me to local only I will be still downloading from the International server. I cannot be billed for this, surly? It’s not my fault if my ISP doesn’t have the right protocols in place, I have this setup so that I can get the most out of my International bandwidth but I mainly use my local only.

If I have not been switched to local only my Client won’t use the local server and I will be using an international one, meaning right now at my home instead of myself downloading off the local server I am downloading off the international server without my knowledge.

That’s not right and I shouldn’t have to pay for it!
    mybroadband follows me on twitter you should too @Edwinwatson

Quote Originally Posted by splinter_watsup View Post
    I have a Telkom account I use for only downloading. The download client I use uses an international server when I have international access and when I lose that international access the download client automatically moves to the local server.

I was not aware that the usage tracker was not working and if in fact it hasn’t capped me to local only I will be still downloading from the International server. I cannot be billed for this, surly? It’s not my fault if my ISP doesn’t have the right protocols in place, I have this setup so that I can get the most out of my International bandwidth but I mainly use my local only.

If I have not been switched to local only my Client won’t use the local server and I will be using an international one, meaning right now at my home instead of myself downloading off the local server I am downloading off the international server without my knowledge.

That’s not right and I shouldn’t have to pay for it!
    pm me your username and I'll make sure you're capped.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    At present there are performance problems with the database that updates the accumulated usage (following some upgrades performed to the database cluster).

Typically, it runs synchronously, so usage stats on the tracker are as up-to-date as is technically possible (up to the interim accounting record interval).

At present the database isn't able to handle the accounting updates synchronously, so they are being updated asynchronously, but all accounting records *are* being collected.

Your usage will be accounted for.

I can't comment on what you will be billed for, but if no technical changes are made, you will most likely be post-billed for any over-usage that has been accumulated by the time the bill run occurs on your account.

At present the tracker and email notifications are disabled:
    -in order to not present data that we know isn't accurate
    -allow the DBAs to troubleshoot the performance problems without external load

People are working literally around the clock on this. When the problems are resolved, notifications and tracker will be re-enabled.

For the sake of your own pocket, please use the SAIX tracker for now to guage your usage, and don't "abuse" the absence of the TelkomInternet tracker, you'll just be abusing your pocket.
    If that's the case then I should've just applied for an uncapped connection, seeing as how what i've now wound up downloading will probably exceed 25GB! Subtract the 8GB free that the disfucntional tool reported I had, and I'll have to pay for 17GB of usage, wich will be R833+R140.= R973! The uncapped bundle is little cheaper, I think. Hahahaha. f!*c%k... I'm not too screwed, but I can feel a little pain in my pocket already.
    Last edited by Urban Chaos 2.0; 05-10-2011 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Ttypo

Page 1 of 8 1 2345 ... LastLast