Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 125 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125
Results 1,861 to 1,874 of 1874

Thread: South Africa vs Australia: The 2011 Home Tour

Quote Originally Posted by OzzieCapie View Post
    ....Mickey Arthur has been appointed as Aussies new coach
    And to think he was almost snapped up by the Paki's.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    Why no third or more tests?

Correct me if I'm wrong, please.
    If we had won or drawn yesterday's test then a 2 test series would have been perfectly justified and we would invariably call for more of these for future tours.
    Its short and sweet.

But because we lost such a closely fought contest we somehow feel we could make amends in the third decider.
    Now lets say we lost the 3rd test as well, then what?
    Push for a 5 test series.

Lets face it, SA snatched defeat from the jaws of victory and it hurts, so now we're looking for more tests to make to make up for it.
    There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by DrYes View Post
    And to think he was almost snapped up by the Paki's.
    If that happened then he would die under mysterious circumstances at the next world cup.
    ಠ_ಠ
    <|>
    /ω\

If we had won or drawn yesterday's test then a 2 test series would have been perfectly justified and we would invariably call for more of these for future tours.
    Its short and sweet.

But because we lost such a closely fought contest we somehow feel we could make amends in the third decider.
    Now lets say we lost the 3rd test as well, then what?
    Push for a 5 test series.

Lets face it, SA snatched defeat from the jaws of victory and it hurts, so now we're looking for more tests to make to make up for it.
    Look through this thread or any cricket media before, during or now after the test series, all of them are disappointed it was only a 2 test series, it has nothing to do with the results but more depriving us from quality cricket

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimos View Post
    Look through this thread or any cricket media before, during or now after the test series, all of them are disappointed it was only a 2 test series, it has nothing to do with the results but more depriving us from quality cricket
    +1 Neither the t20s nor the ODIs were memorable but I will not forget this test series ever. I just wish there was a third round to this bout.
    Too much month left at the end of all the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimos View Post
    Yes I agree there was initial disappointment but the sentiment would have changed if we had won yesterday, because it means that we would have won a 3 test series and there would be no interest in the prospect of a third test decider.
    The Wanderes was virtually empty on Sunday which proves that SA fans are more interested in results than the the process of test cricket.
    There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Yes I agree there was initial disappointment but the sentiment would have changed if we had won yesterday, because it means that we would have won a 3 test series and there would be no interest in the prospect of a third test decider.
    The Wanderes was virtually empty on Sunday which proves that SA fans are more interested in results than the the process of test cricket.
    Wasnt empty.
    Considering the cycle race, there was a decent crowd.

The weather was *** and the 94.7 cycle race was on. It was pretty packed on Saturday.
    ಠ_ಠ
    <|>
    /ω\

Super Grandmaster

SA fans are more interested in results than the the process of test cricket.
    All they want is the entertainment - not the result. Most of them will not remember what the result was a week after.

Have to disagree. When it was raining on Monday, the majority of people that I spoke to were hoping it would stop raining so we could get a crack at whitewashing Aus. Most of us weren't happy with just a 1-0 win.

Technically if people where more interested in the result, they should've pitched up on Sunday, as Saturday belonged to us. There were a lot of people on Saturday and that was probably the best indicator that people love to watch entertaining cricket, regardless of the result.

20/20 has killed 50 over cricket not test cricket. Administrators are the people killing test cricket with their love of making a quick buck by congesting the calender. I think we should just odi cricket.

We have a full fixture against Sri Lanka. 3 Tests, 5 ODI's and 2 T20's, in that order. Should prove exciting.

SL ought to be rolled over pretty easily. Sangakarra and Jayawadena and only batsmen off note.... Slinga wont play the test matches.

It should be rather easy beating them on home soil under our conditions.
    "The success you are enjoying today is the result of the price you have paid in the past."

Interesting to look back on comments we made in this thread and compare it with how things turned out. SL turned out to be a wee bit tougher than I credited them for
    Report rape and sexual abuse. Don't tolerate crime, report it!
    You can SMS an anonymous tip-off to 32211. SMS charged at R1.

Page 125 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125