Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: ANC hits back after blitz by Tutu

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hoxbig View Post
    IIRC he suggested that it be a once-off thing, and not a continuous tax. In the same article he also called for senior politicians to sell their fancy cars etc.
    Tax on race is racist irrespective how you cut it.
    Neo-Luddite - Permanent Darwin award candidates
    Shaping Explained here
    Do you Oink! ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kosmik View Post
    Ditto x 1000000

Although, currently in Greece ppl want the rich to pay up and help with the country's debt. Is that much different from what the ANC wants at this point? It's just coicidental that the rich in SA are a white majority.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hoxbig View Post
    IIRC he suggested that it be a once-off thing, and not a continuous tax. In the same article he also called for senior politicians to sell their fancy cars etc.
    Cool so I can steal the money in your bank as long as I steal it only once? I mean that is not wrong as long as it is legal right?

Grandmaster

It is a little racist, yes. Although, it is the whites that did benefit from apartheid. "All people that benefited from apartheid should be taxed" is all he is really saying, any black guys that you know that benefited directly from apartheid policy? I was a bit angry when I first heard him but it is the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronjay View Post
    It is a little racist, yes. Although, it is the whites that did benefit from apartheid. "All people that benefited from apartheid should be taxed" is all he is really saying, any black guys that you know that benefited directly from apartheid policy? I was a bit angry when I first heard him but it is the truth.
    I give them 2 months and all the tax money is spent, the poor are still poorer and the rich are still richer, but hey basic economics and common sense isn't for anyone, especially not men of the cloth of government bureaucracies.

Actually how do you define if people are black or white? Should we implement the pencil test, in all honesty if a guy comes to me and ask me to be taxed I'm going to play the "hey I am black card"
    Last edited by Nicodeamus; 05-10-2011 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blunomore View Post
    This is dimwitted to say the least.

If the Dalai Lama needs to leave on a certain date to be here on time, and by the time he had to leave, his visa has not been granted, he has NO CHOICE but to drop his visa application. It is in fact a denial of the visa by default. Keeping quiet is an answer in itself!
    That may be true if his visa wasn't issued in the usual timeframe. Does he expect a fast-track response?

Quote Originally Posted by Lounger View Post
    That may be true if his visa wasn't issued in the usual timeframe. Does he expect a fast-track response?
    He applied 5 weeks before his trip - I don't know what the usual processing time is.
    Quote Originally Posted by flarkit View Post
    It's as if SANRAL is the little handle being used to start flushing SA's economy straight down the sewerage pipes.

Quote Originally Posted by biena View Post
    <spin>
    In all fairness the visa was not granted or denied, the application was withdrawn before a decision could be made
    </spin>
    Quote Originally Posted by blunomore View Post
    This is dimwitted to say the least.

If the Dalai Lama needs to leave on a certain date to be here on time, and by the time he had to leave, his visa has not been granted, he has NO CHOICE but to drop his visa application. It is in fact a denial of the visa by default. Keeping quiet is an answer in itself!
    Quote Originally Posted by Palimino View Post
    Yeah, but it took yonks. A complicated application should take about an hour. They were sitting on their thumbs dithering and waiting for instructions from Beijing.
    <spin>

</spin>

You dare doubt the teachings of science!? Blasphemy!

Quote Originally Posted by Ronjay View Post
    Then prove that direct monetary gains were received by people and tax those accordingly. Blanket tax on race is racist, not a little, it is racist. You can't be a little dead either.
    Neo-Luddite - Permanent Darwin award candidates
    Shaping Explained here
    Do you Oink! ?

Tutu is forcing gov to still go ahead with the Visa application

They might just, if they need to do damage control and the Dalai Lama will be here in time to give his peace conference on Saturday. But this is the ANC we are talking about and lets face it they have no moral backbone.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyzak View Post
    This was the top story on several large news stations all over the world.
    Not all over the world... *eyes move to far right of world map*
    Graphic design
    company logo's, letterheads etc. PM me.

The Lama said today they must shove it! Even if they approve now, it's too late - too many logistical problems for him. Nope SA screwed it up and the ANC wins the award of "International prick of the month"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skitter View Post
    Not all over the world... *eyes move to far right of world map*
    Dan Carter's groin is so much more important.
    a2

#Trendingsucks

Then prove that direct monetary gains were received by people and tax those accordingly. Blanket tax on race is racist, not a little, it is racist. You can't be a little dead either.
    Well said. Little racist lol

What about blacks who received a higher education or got prominent positions in the homelands and amassed wealth
    Last edited by Alan; 07-10-2011 at 09:34 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234