Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 11121314 ... LastLast

Thread: TP-LINK MR3420: Needs Restart every couple of hours!!

Quote Originally Posted by caiobauab View Post
    Same problem here from Brazil with my TP-WR1043ND !! DNS Static, no 3G on USB, but HD on USB for bkp. It hangs 3 times a day, no web, no ping, no wifi signal.

Using last firmware:
    Firmware Version:
    3.13.4 Build 110429 Rel.36959n
    Hardware Version:
    WR1043ND v1 00000000

Hopping TP-Link is working in this problem !!
    The TL-WR1043ND doesnt have 3G modem support so you're not going to get that working with standard TP-LINK firmware. Have you tried uploading the latest firmware and then doing a factory default and reconfigure?

Quote Originally Posted by kernel View Post
    The TL-WR1043ND doesnt have 3G modem support so you're not going to get that working with standard TP-LINK firmware. Have you tried uploading the latest firmware and then doing a factory default and reconfigure?
    Hi kernel,, I know my firmware not support 3G and I dont want to use one. I just write to say which my router have same hang/freeze problem. But thank you for your reply and sorry my poor english.

Default OpenWRT

I had similar issues on my MR3420. Sometimes the 3G will show as "Unplugged" and the only way to recover was to do a Reboot.

I've installed OpenWRT and I'm not turning back. Because the 3G modem still gives issues (but a lot less), I've written a cron job to reset the USB device and retry the connection every 5 minutes. And the nice thing about OpenWRT is you can customise it to do whatever you want it to do. I've added scripts to mail me reports at the end of each day, including data usage, etc.

The downside is it takes a lot of time to set up properly, and you need some unix skills.

Hey,

can you post your code or send it to me via PM?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by candylin View Post
    oh, I didn't know that TP-LINK Router has a problem like that. TP-link is good in the normal wireless router, but with the 3G router, they are lack of power to update the firmware, maybe you guys can try our 3G router MCT-818, it‘s with same function and with battery! Know more on our website: www.mconect.com
    mmmh, currently the TP-LINK routers have the widest modem support of any 3G router in South Africa and it works with about 97% of the local 3G adapters, if a modem is not supported, it can be added within a few days, maybe post a list of your supported modems or a link to the supported modems so that forum members can get an idea of which is a better supported product.

Good one! We have our competiable list on our website, but I don't know how to upload it here. We can updating a new firmware for the not support USB modem in 1 days.... this must be fast than TP-link !! and we offer with good price also !!
    Yes I've seen that, your list has 108 compatible modems vs the 196 that TP-LINK has. I see your point.

... if a modem is not supported, it can be added within a few days...
    Can you please get the K4605 to be supported by the TP-Link MR 3420

Quote Originally Posted by OGroteKoning View Post
    Can you please get the K4605 to be supported by the TP-Link MR 3420
    This particular modem as you're aware has proven to be problematic and we've not been able to get modem support added but perhaps it works on the Mconect product.

This particular modem as you're aware has proven to be problematic and we've not been able to get modem support added but perhaps it works on the Mconect product.
    Yup - there is a problem between the modem and the MR3420 (not sure if it is the modem), but when I read that it can be added in a couple of days, I got exited and thought you had strong words to the suppliers of TP-Link and a new commitment from them to resolve issues was born.

I had a look in the Mconect supported modems list and could not find it.

Good one! We have our competiable list on our website, but I don't know how to upload it here. We can updating a new firmware for the not support USB modem in 1 days.... this must be fast than TP-link !! and we offer with good price also !!
    Does the MCT-818 and/or MCT-810 support the HUAWEI K4605 modem?
    Last edited by OGroteKoning; 21-02-2012 at 01:29 PM.

Blog Entries

After many months of frustration with the MR3420 and one too many customer complaints about often having to reset the router, along with TP-LINK seemingly unable or unwilling to fix the DDNS related lock-up problem, I have embarked on a replacement exercise.

I am returning all my installed TP-LINK 3G routers (DDNS required), bar for one MR3220 (3G sharing only application), to the local supplier and replacing them with MikroTik RB751U's.

Financially, I have lost out where I am having to replace a cheaper MR3220 with a more expensive RB751U, as I cannot very well pass this cost on to the customer (who just wants a reliable solution) at this point. Not to mention the cost of all the hours and traveling out to sites to try and figure out the reasons for the many problems over the past few months.

So far the MikroTik units have proved to be pretty reliable, especially in my "DDNS essential" CCTV remote monitoring application.

I am sure there are many, many users of TP-LINK MR3420 and MR3220's out there, who are quite happy with the product at the price point, but if you are looking for better reliability when it comes to DDNS required applications, rather look elsewhere.
    As I said, I have one MR3220 still in service in a simple 3G sharing application, with no complaints so far.

The MikroTik option is great, if you can stand the learning curve and the many hours you may spend tweaking the configuration to your specific needs.

By the way OGroteKoning, I have a K4605 working in my RB751U at the moment on RouterOS v5.14
    ...as does ginggs...http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthre...=1#post7668375

I am thinking of starting an "RB751 tips, tricks, configs and scripts" sharing specific thread if there is any interest.....
    Last edited by Base122; 25-02-2012 at 12:12 AM.

How about that?!! It is quite odd that Mikrotik, Intellinet and other 3G router suppliers try and succeed to assist to resolve issues with modems and their routers ... and yet ... everyone at TP-Link spend their energy to come up with excuses ... if they don't want or does not know how to or could not care less to help, they expext the customer to sort it out with a sniffer tool or they tell the customer that the modem is problematic! PATHETIC! What they tend to forget is that everyone was happy when a sale went through.

At the time when offered, I declined returning the router for a refund. I was stupid! I should have accepted the offer instead of waiting and hoping in vain for a solution.

Thanks Base122 for the info. I must look for an alternative router - the penny dropped ... the TP-Link and it's support is just not good enough. I will look into the Mikrotik.

Sent from my Galaxy S II
    Quote Originally Posted by ghoti View Post
    OGroteKoning's dog has a cool hat.
    All posts are naturally WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Just a bit of feedback. I gave up on my TP-link router. I dont have time to struggle with a piece of hardware that fails. The guys at uniterm asked me to bring my router and dongle in, but I just didnt have the time and it seems like quite a few people are experiencing the same issues. I bought an Asus RT-N56U and my ZTE mr 668 works with no problems, no restarts needed thus far (running 8 days thus far). Yes it is a MUCH more expensive router and yes comparing it to the MR3430 is unfair, but it works and works well.
    Last edited by jouda; 27-02-2012 at 09:56 AM. Reason: spelling sux... meh
    May the wors be with you

Quote Originally Posted by jouda View Post
    Just a bit of feedback. I gave up on my TP-link router. I dont have time to struggle with a piece of hardware that fails. The guys at uniterm asked me to bring my router and dongle in, but I just didnt have the time and it seems like quite a few people are experiencing the same issues. I bought an Asus RT-N56U and my ZTE mr 668 works with no problems, no restarts needed thus far (running 8 days thus far). Yes it is a MUCH more expensive router and yes comparing it to the MR3430 is unfair, but it works and works well.
    I forgot to mention that the router does not support 3G devices out of the box, but flashing the device with the latest firmware adds the required functionality.
    May the wors be with you

why do you guys just buy the router that don't require USB modem? The router that take SIM card won't be more convinious? that you don't need to warry about the USB modem not working with the router.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 11121314 ... LastLast