Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Telkom complaints line

Angry Telkom complaints line

Is there a complaints line at Telkom?

My ADSL has been since 06/07/2006. No one has come to check out the problem. Yes, a call has been logged.

Now I wonder what would happen if I refuse to pay my line rental for the week that the facility has been down for?

Do it.... you know u want to
    "Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

-> My ADSL has been since 06/07/2006.

???
    Have you phoned 0800 375 375?
    They should give you reasons what's wrong or why not sorted. And when it's going to be fixed - job numbers mysteriously get lost at telkom so you should be phoning them 'all the time' to check progress. Every time I have had a follow up call - whether my problem was resolved... should check you haven't been lost in the cracks.
    Last edited by kilo39; 11-02-2006 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jdbeyers
    MyBroadband
    You only get one chance to piss off a client. After that they are an ex client ...

funny thing their complaints line.

Operater once told me "Ok, we'll send a techie out, but if the fault is not telkom related then you gotta pay R200 call out fee"

Needless to say i was pissed off. So i replied "ok, np, BUT if the fault is telkoms side, then i want to be reimbursed for the downtime"

To which i got a classic "eh eh eh, i cant promise u that"

Quote Originally Posted by jdbeyers

My ADSL has been since 06/07/2006. No one has come to check out the problem. Yes, a call has been logged.

Now I wonder what would happen if I refuse to pay my line rental for the week that the facility has been down for?
    Last time I had an extended down-time, the call center person said I was entitled to log a complaint to have my fees refunded for the period that the line was down. Apparently you need to send a fax to the accounts department and they wil investigate it.

Juice

dude u dont have to choose telkom is a monopoly adsl business in south africa, if u dont pay telkom then means u dont have adsl. mweb, afrihost, webafrica those are just ISP them dont have own adsl lines. my4mb line is so low since 15/may 2011 till now is almost 3 month and they cant sort the **** out. south africa is going down , most investers are withdrawing their investment from south africa because the workers want more than wat they are...

Quote Originally Posted by charlie1986 View Post
    dude u dont have to choose telkom is a monopoly adsl business in south africa, if u dont pay telkom then means u dont have adsl. mweb, afrihost, webafrica those are just ISP them dont have own adsl lines. my4mb line is so low since 15/may 2011 till now is almost 3 month and they cant sort the **** out. south africa is going down , most investers are withdrawing their investment from south africa because the workers want more than wat they are...
    Holy Thread Necro... Farksteaks, man, this thread is over FIVE years old!!!!
    ELO: Here is the news...

We demand a refund/credit for downtime and always get it.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyD View Post
    Holy Thread Necro... Farksteaks, man, this thread is over FIVE years old!!!!
    hah for 5 year ppl still saying the same things

To whom it may concern,

Ref: 421CRK101111, 397CRK251111, 487CRK071211

This is the Same Fault, which is handled in this manner. I have a very slow ADSL service at 1mb per second. I have a 384 ASDL line and I barely get 1 MB per second download.
    I am appalled by the fact that Telkom seem to be incapable to handle or resolving this issue. All my following up which I have done, seem to be full of promises and lies with no real result from Telkom which result in NO!! Service to me as the client. Yet I am expected to pay for a service either way.
    I have done various tests from my side, as it seems Telkom are unable to resolve or even find the fault.
    The speed does not seem to be the issue, as it shows that there are 200ms + “Latency” which will result in the following. Although the theoretical peak bandwidth of a network connection is fixed according to the technology used, the actual bandwidth you will obtain varies over time and is affected by high latencies. Excessive latency creates bottlenecks that prevent data from filling the network pipe, thus decreasing effective bandwidth. The impact of latency on network bandwidth can be temporary (lasting a few seconds) or persistent (constant) depending on the source of the delays.
    Based on the test which I have done, it clearly shows excessive latency, with signs of compression which means that Telkom have put restrictions on my line.
    Based on how my web pages are displayed and the way it respond, my connection clearly shows that latency to be the issue here.