Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast

Thread: Using Vodafone modems on other networks

Exit Voda dash and verify that is not present in the systray (as per Tun@). If it is still present in systray, click second button on the icon and select exit. I don't remember exacly, but should work that way. Voda drivers stay in the system unless you go to the Control Panel and uninstall Vodafone software.

Grandmaster

Please will someone help me out here...

I have a K3565 Huawei (Vodacom) Modem, and have got myself the 8ta Go Big deal. I have downloaded MDMA and it detects the network and Sim, but when i say connect it brings up a menu asking me to choose "Vodafone Mobile Connect" or "Bluetooth". Do i need to create an 8ta one? And if so what details do i use?

Please can someone help me out with this
    Luck is not random; it is attracted to those who work hard. Sweat, Blood and tears are the ingredients of a champion - Mike Tyson

Default How to configure vodacom 3g dongle for use with other networks?

cant find the MDMA for use with K3772-Z modem
    can some-one post link to download please?

thanks
    Last edited by helloise; 23-01-2012 at 11:34 AM. Reason: info

any update on this thread?
    Im trying to use the same modem with 8ta, and no luck so far...

eduardo

If you can't find a generic dash to use download this file
    & paste it into the "Opco" folder of VMB.
    Should be something like C:/Program filesx86/Vodafone/Vodafone Mobile Broadband/ - then you'll see the Opco folder it needs to get pasted into.
    Choose copy & replace when it asks.
    That file will now let u connect thru VMB with either Voda/CellC/or 8ta sim
    Was created from VMB 10.2 - haven't tested on 10.1

1 issue i notice is the "connect" button is not working great with 8ta for some reason but just pop up your windows network connect icon from the task bar below & hit connect there.

Its ugly but i guess if nothing else is supporting your drivers its 1 way around it for now -
    Should work for any of these other oddball K-series nightmares getting around as well.

*Edit* - file changed to include Mtn as well now
    Last edited by Tun@; 15-05-2012 at 09:10 PM.
    "The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be certain they are real"-Abraham Lincoln

Hi

I first would to thank Tun@ for his post and the file he supplied, it worked beautifully. I'm now able the use my k3772-z modem from vodacom with a 8ta sim.

I would now like to know how do I check my account balance with VMB? Is there some file or setting I can change to allow VMB to check my account balance on the 8ta sim?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Hi there Poiuy,thanks for the thanks.

For 8ta you can either just bookmark http://onnet.8ta.com
    or if you open the sms part of the Voda dash, select custom & make the message centre number +27829129
    It will then support sending sms from the voda dash - send blank sms to 188 then 8ta returns a sms with your balance.
    "The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be certain they are real"-Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by carstensdj View Post
    Please will someone help me out here...

I have a K3565 Huawei (Vodacom) Modem, and have got myself the 8ta Go Big deal. I have downloaded MDMA and it detects the network and Sim, but when i say connect it brings up a menu asking me to choose "Vodafone Mobile Connect" or "Bluetooth". Do i need to create an 8ta one? And if so what details do i use?

Please can someone help me out with this
    If MDMA can detect it, that's all you need, now just create dial up connection and connect without MDMA.
    “Everything is changing. People are taking their comedians seriously and the politicians as a joke.”
    Afrihost Mobile speedtest: http://goo.gl/IT606Y!

ya its true unlocked modems used for any network

Default Using Vodafone modems on other networks

Do I need any special software if I plug 8ta sim into k4505-z which then plugs into a 3G router ? Do I need to unlock that k4505-z? (Cause it was through vodacom contract) or should it work immediately? Trying To find out before I buy :-/

Quote Originally Posted by johndoe1983 View Post
    Do I need any special software if I plug 8ta sim into k4505-z which then plugs into a 3G router ? Do I need to unlock that k4505-z? (Cause it was through vodacom contract) or should it work immediately? Trying To find out before I buy :-/
    Hi,

Also looking to find out the answer. Reading through mbb and the web has led to some very confusing information/misinformation.
    Want to use 8ta/cellc sim in k4505-z plugged into Asus wireless router.
    Does the firmware need to be flashed, and if so, can someone provide a link that works AND explains how to do it.
    The sites all say you need an IMEI number, straightforward enough.
    Then they say you need a flash code, but don't say how to get it
    The software download seems to launch the original Vodacom dash after doing some sort of flash.

What needs to be done, and how do I do it?
    I am a relative newb, and am now totally confused.

Any help would be appreciated.

Iqbal

Quote Originally Posted by iqbalmia View Post
    Hi,

Also looking to find out the answer. Reading through mbb and the web has led to some very confusing information/misinformation.
    Want to use 8ta/cellc sim in k4505-z plugged into Asus wireless router.
    Does the firmware need to be flashed, and if so, can someone provide a link that works AND explains how to do it.
    The sites all say you need an IMEI number, straightforward enough.
    Then they say you need a flash code, but don't say how to get it
    The software download seems to launch the original Vodacom dash after doing some sort of flash.

What needs to be done, and how do I do it?
    I am a relative newb, and am now totally confused.

Any help would be appreciated.

Iqbal
    The K4505-z is a ZTE modem and I doubt you can flash other firmware onto it (others can confirm/deny)

If the modem supports the 8ta/CellC frequencies, then there should not be an issue since devices are legally not supposed to be network locked. Best is to test the sim in the modem and see if you get a connection on your PC/laptop.

The next step would be to google to see if the modem is compatible with the router you have/want.

Hi Guys

I have a Vodafone K3570-Z 3G Modem which I wanna use with a 8TA sim, how can i get this to work? Help will be greatly appreciated
    Last edited by Aquacile; 18-05-2013 at 05:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquacile View Post
    Hi Guys

I have a Vodafone K3570-Z 3G Modem which I wanna use with a 8TA sim, how can i get this to work? Help will be greatly appreciated
    If the modem does not support the 8ta frequencies, then you are stuck. To check, pop in the sim and see if it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghoti View Post
    OGroteKoning's dog has a cool hat.
    All posts are naturally WITHOUT PREJUDICE

If i POP in the 8TA Sim the modems turns blue flickering LED ..... does that mean its not locked? How to connect from there?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast