Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 VS Kaspersky Pure r2 2012

Question Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 VS Kaspersky Pure r2 2012

Hay guys , I would like to know what would be the best of the bunch and the difference.
    Another thing if i were to format my pc, and re-install, would i be able to use the same license-key again?
    Its almost due time for those days being re-newed of some sorts , i have the 3-use cd keys of Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 , all three-keys already used.
    Thanx

What you need to ask yourself is, will you use the extra features that pure gives you over the Internet Security, then ask yourself does it justifiy the price differance.

You can have a look here for yourself what features each has: http://www.kaspersky.co.uk/compare

Personally I would just get the internet security one as I hate bloated security suits.

Also on the Windows key, you will be able to use the same key again.

Sorry about hijacking this thread, but how did you manage to configure Kaspersky 2011 so that scans don't take several years? I have KIS 2011 and it's given me nothing but headaches from the get go! The only reason I'm sticking with it is because I got a free 1 year subscription. After the trouble I've had with this AV, I think I'm gonna go with ESET.

its simple . Use ccleaner to clean your junk folders and clear out the quarantine folder before hand. It reduces scan times a lot

Grandmaster

Or just use MSE instead.
    Grouter®

Panda cloud FTW.

Blog Entries

MSE works without the Bloatware
    Last edited by Ivanr; 27-10-2011 at 03:52 PM.

Grandmaster

Why anyone pays for an AV / security solution these days is beyond me.
    Grouter®

Depends on the value of your data. A company is not going to use Microsoft security essentials I would think.
    Anyways mse sucks with script malware thats how you get infected these days. Malwarebytes pro specialize in stopping those threats

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shovenose View Post
    Depends on the value of your data. A company is not going to use Microsoft security essentials I would think.
    Anyways mse sucks with script malware thats how you get infected these days. Malwarebytes pro specialize in stopping those threats
    We use MSE on our office system without suffering from Malware Script attacks. Just funny if the salesman want to sell ice to an eskimo in the PC arena they always succeed.

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanr View Post
    We use MSE on our office system without suffering from Malware Script attacks. Just funny if the salesman want to sell ice to an eskimo in the PC arena they always succeed.
    lol - +1
    Grouter®

I go online, read and all that, online gaming and so, now and then download , the odd downloads, and mail.
    I just want a solid protection from everything(i know that's a bit exaggerating) so yeah...keep my pc safe...my kaspersky is on high priority in terms of protection.

Because free av/security aint that good.

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by CLOUDE9.STRIFE View Post
    Because free av/security aint that good.
    That's a fallacy and you've been brainwashed.
    Grouter®

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanr View Post
    how would you know you were attacked. Malware doesn't say hello I just pawned your system. Scripts is those links you click on where it uses a exploit in your browser to infect your system without the user knowing it. Mse doesn't have link protection. It just scan data based on signatures. It malware detection rates is good with other types of malware but just that one part is found wanting.
    But big corporations are not going to use MSe because they are not going to install it on every pc then go through the pt to make sure everyone is updated. Enterprise solutions acts as a firewall as well with HIPS and its design to protect the whole network. hips are the best way to combat zero day exploits. Mse are designed for the protection of a single pc for avg home usage not for a network!
    For avg home pc user a free antivirus is sufficient if they use common sense. Like run your browser in Sandboxie With no script add on etc etc.
    With paid versions you pay for support basically which is very good.
    By all that I won't touch a security suite or install it on my pc because they are prone to give a big amount of BSODs. Security suites killed Vistas reputation because the vendors refused to fixed the problem on their Side

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast