Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Marmite perfume?

Default Marmite perfume?

What the hell?

Orange news reports that Burton-on-Trent (a town straddling the River Trent in the east of Staffordshire, England) has got its own designer scent which apparently smells of Marmite, leather, pickle and beer.

The city, said to smell of ale from the surrounding hops fields, has inspired the bizarre new perfume called Eau-de-Burton, reports the Daily Telegraph.

Businesswoman Victoria Brookes thinks her new fragrance works perfectly and is selling it for £36.50 in the run up to Christmas.

She said: "Burton is known for its smell but not always in a good way. But the perfume smells really good - I have had lots of compliments from people.

"It is made up of Gourmand, representing Marmite and Branston Pickle, which were invented in Burton.

"It also has leather, representing the boots and footballs used at Burton Albion, and Ambra, inspired by amber nectar, the beer which made Burton famous worldwide.
    Source

I think a perfume that smells of freshly brewed coffee would not be all bad ! I love that smell!

...doesn't know

Quote Originally Posted by blunomore View Post
    I think a perfume that smells of freshly brewed coffee would not be all bad ! I love that smell!
    +1, I think everyone can agree that coffee has one hell of a delicious smell .
    I'm new here...

I love Marmite. And don't appreciate your picture ...
    “He who conquers others is strong; He who conquers himself is mighty.” - Lao Tzu