Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 51112131415 1617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: A Complete Guide to creating the Ultimate TV Experience.

Hey Keeper! Had a look at Icefilms and it's great. But it isn't exactly what I'm looking for. I watch vids off sites like NicoNico Douga, which aren't readily availble through Icefilms. Even regular youtube vids coupled with web applets like Nonstop Tube - www.saisin.biz/youtube/ (which basically makes a 'never-ending' playlist of media based on your search criteria - leads to discovering a lot of cool stuff depending on whatever mood you are in!)
    "I believe, that even in the dark.Your voice casts a ray of hope. Take me away, to somewhere I can breathe." KOKIA

Default Help needed with SABC 3

I'm hoping someone can help me in some way. I have a HTPC set up and it worked brilliantly with Win7 32bit, but then I decided to add more RAM and had to upgrade to 64bit, losing all my channels, which is only 4 as I dont have DSTV.

I got back SABC1, SABC2 and ETV by just letting Media Centre scan for it, but SABC3 is missing in action. Before I formatted, I remembered that I had this issue with the initial setup, so I backed up the registry key with the channel mappings and tried restoring it, but it didnt make a difference.

I got the frequency for SABC3 from Sentech (247.13MHz), but when I enter it manually, I still dont get the channel! Can any one help me out of my misery please!?

I'm sorry I can't help you, I don't really run SABC or any other South African Television.... all my 80 channels are "Pseudo Channels"

Good Idea though, I wonder If I could combine "Real" channels into my channel Setup? I might get a TV Card to experiment.

Then you could probably add IceFilms channels and also some streaming UK/US channels if you have uncapped
    That would be excellent...

1) 80 PseudoTV Channels
    2) SABC 1-3 & eTV, or even DSTV (Possibly)
    3) IceFilms Channels
    4) Streaming UK/US Channels
    5) XBMC Internet Channels

I think you could probably end up with somewhere around 500+ channels that way, if there is a way to add it all.

Hi Keeper,

No clue what you are saying, but thanks anyway for responding

Same here, I have no idea what you are saying - Are you doing this in XBMC or what?

because afaik, they are only working on PVR in xbmc at the moment, and will only be released in the next version?

All I was basically saying, is there is probably a way to combine Real Live TV with PseudoTV, along with the IceFilms plugin and various online streams, to create the best channel setup ever....

Sorry if I was not clear. My problem is really simple actually - i'm trying to get SABC3 on Windows 7 Media Centre through my Hauppauge TVcard. I get all of the other ones, but SABC3 is a no show.

I have seen other people have this problem on this forum and a number of others, and guys like TivoZA and Werner were able to help them out. I tried their fixes, but that was geared to XP Media Center edition, or other apps - like XBMC, Tivo, etc so I couldnt get it working with those suggestions.

Ah, you're in the wrong thread then

This thread has nothing to do with win media centre or sabc, this is for the hp micro server, openelec and pseudotv :/

I don't backup any of my media really, heh
    I also don't use IceFilms, but I think the fact that MU is down it's probably not even working at all.

I'm sure there are other uses here that could help you with true RAID setups and unRaid, but I do not know much of those topics myself unfortunately.

Anyone else here on MyBB that can help him with Raiding an OpenELEC/Ubuntu+XBMC system?

Quote Originally Posted by rodga View Post
    lol
    everything ive checked on wantitall i found cheaper elsewhere

http://www.takealot.com/imports/more...put,b004htiesk
    Has anyone tried these sound cards? I will have to use one for my 5.1 setup

Sent from my Galaxy

Blog Entries

My Hp(s) arrived today.

I have bought a Gigabyte Geforce 210 for the thing.

I'm going to set it up as per this thread and see how it goes..
    I am 13531

"Balance is the key to everything, without it we would just keep falling over."

Quote Originally Posted by Madman88 View Post
    My Hp(s) arrived today.

I have bought a Gigabyte Geforce 210 for the thing.

I'm going to set it up as per this thread and see how it goes..

Haha Nice! let me know if you need anything, or call me.

I've created a nice "channel setup program" that makes it easy to set up channel bouquets

I have everything setup and running now! Everything is good, just need some logos, I found a post on the XBMC forum with TVTimes logos but they didnt not have a lot of basic ones.

Keeper those links you posted are down, can you re-up?

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
    Download them from youtube.

Create a folder named "Bumpers". Inside that, create a another folder, and name it CBS or whatever.
    Add you CBS bumpers in here. Do the same for all your other bumpers.

so you will end up with:

Bumpers
    |-BBC
    |-CBS
    |-FOX
    |-FX

On Channel 101, create a channel that uses "Bumpers\CBS".
    On Channel 102 = "Bumpers\BBC"
    etc, etc

Hide all these channels using the advanced rules.

On your REAL CBS channel, give it a rule to "interleave" with channel 101.

Set the min & max frequency of your bumpers and voila.

(With a min value of 2, and a max of 5, it will put one bumper ever 3,4 or 5 shows)

I usually do this:
    First, I interleave an advert, after every video (min = 1, max = 1, start = 1)
    Then, I may interleave a second advert, after every 2 videos (min = 2, max = 2, start = 2)
    Then, I interleave my Bumpers, after every 3 videos (min = 3, max = 3, start = 3)

The Interleaving rules work from top to bottom, adding and interleaving.

Here is what your playlist will look like after each interleaving rule:

Default Channel CBS:
    -How I met your mother
    -The Big Bang Theory
    -Alias

After interleaving 1 advert:
    -How I met your mother
    -advert1
    -The Big Bang Theory
    -advert1
    -Alias
    -advert1

After interleaving 2nd advert:
    -How I met your mother
    -advert1
    -advert2
    -The Big Bang Theory
    -advert1
    -advert2
    -Alias
    -advert1
    -advert2

After interleaving Bumper:
    -How I met your mother
    -advert1
    -advert2
    -CBS Bumper
    -The Big Bang Theory
    -advert1
    -advert2
    -CBS Bumper
    -Alias
    -advert1
    -advert2
    -CBS Bumper

Do you see how it first adds the first advert after ever 1 show..then every second advert between every 2 items, then the bumper into each 3rd slot?

Hope that helps!
    Hi. Im really stuck on how to setup the smart playlist as above to use bumpers. Can you please post a more specific guide or post a link to your playlist to see the related code for this setup. Thanks...

[EDIT] @Keeper the link is down from post #58 ( Here are my XBMC "Smart Playlists" (8KB) (It's just a bunch of .XSP files) (These go in "xbmc\userdata\playlists\video" for OpenELEC. In windows, this directory is located in "C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata \pla ylists\video"))

Can you please repost these files, thanks mate..
    Last edited by farr3ll; 07-02-2012 at 11:22 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
    Haha Nice! let me know if you need anything, or call me.

I've created a nice "channel setup program" that makes it easy to set up channel bouquets
    Installation last night was relatively painless. After the initial install I had no sound again, I was thinking FFS not this crap again. But I found the fix pretty quick on the Openelec forums.

Added all the tv shows and movies and left it to scrape over night. Tonight I will start with pseudo tv..

I would love that program if you wouldnt mind
    I am 13531

"Balance is the key to everything, without it we would just keep falling over."

Here are ALL the Channel Logo's: (This link works?)
    https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0Bxk...ut=list&num=50

My Personal Channel Logos:
    http://www.MegaShare.com/3911867

My Playlists:
    http://www.MegaShare.com/3912083

Is anyone interested in my Channel Bumper's? Its 191MB so im only gonna upload if people are struggling to get them through youtube
    (please don't request if you don't really need them, im on 3G )
    Last edited by Keeper; 07-02-2012 at 01:35 PM.

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 51112131415 1617181925 ... LastLast