You should join our great online community now - you can win great prizes
Register now
You should subscribe to our free MyBroadband newsletter


Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51112131415 16171819 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 339

Thread: A Complete Guide to creating the Ultimate TV Experience.

  1. #211

    Default

    Brilliant!
    Link this thread to the iPad competition

  2. #212

    Default

    HP Microserver ordered, GTS520 ordered ... ETA thursday...

    I just can't find a freakin' remote receiver anywhere. Anyone got any ideas? (Harmony 600 remote)

  3. #213

    Default

    Ok, but please make sure you post a link to it. I have no idea how I found this one! I'm here in the USA. It was SUPER hard to even guess the "question" I needed to answer to join this thread! lol. It asked the name of some cellphone company we don't even have here "What company changed their color from red to blue?" lol

  4. #214
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Primrose, Gauteng.
    Posts
    501

    Default

    Hey Keeper, sorry about calling OpenElec "crap". Finally got it working. I was able to scrape TvShows but not movies. It seems that you have to have the YouTube addon enabled for the themovieDB scraper to work properly. I can't get the IMDB scraper to work tho' but that's not a major issue.

  5. #215
    Resident DJ DJ...'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Gauteng
    Posts
    70,309
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zophas View Post
    Hey Keeper, sorry about calling OpenElec "crap". Finally got it working. I was able to scrape TvShows but not movies. It seems that you have to have the YouTube addon enabled for the themovieDB scraper to work properly. I can't get the IMDB scraper to work tho' but that's not a major issue.
    Not sure what you're doing wrong, but I don't have either of those issues. And I'm a relative techno-moron. The plugins you mention work independently of each other as far as I know. At least that's how it works for me. Are you sure that you've labelled you files and folders correctly?

  6. #216
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Primrose, Gauteng.
    Posts
    501

    Default

    Everything is working now, thanks. Now just adding content and trying to find enough money to add hard drives. The 250GB drive in the HP is already full.

  7. #217

    Default

    Heya Keeper. Thanks for some great tutorials. PTV really needed them. Unfortunately, I seem to be having some problems with my trailers. All my movies, tv shows and trailers are streamed from my windows pc to my apple tv via SMB. I have tried to add a the trailers shared folder via the directory option, in a playlist with the smb://workgroup;someuser:[email protected]/trailer/ path in a playlist and loading it into PTV as a play list, and also tried the advancedsettings.xml for path substitutions in playlists

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
    <pathsubstitution>
    <substitute>
    <from>\var\mobile\Trailers\</from>
    <to>smb://workgroup;username[email protected]/Trailers/</to>
    </substitute>
    </pathsubstitution>
    Please note that "\var\mobile\Trailers\" does exist in that dir on my appletv. I come here pleading for help because I copied all of my bumpers to that same dir and i can get them to interleave just fine. Any help you can off would be greatly appreciated. A bit off topic, but is there a way to see if a playlist works before trying to add it in PTV?

    Thanks in advance,
    Frank

    P.S.
    Thank you google for helping me out with the name of the company so i could register.

  8. #218

    Default

    Hi,

    I'm waiting for my HP Proliant Microserver and have been playing around with XBMC. Does anybody know how to record live streams with XBMC? I cannot find anything usefull on the web.

    regards

  9. #219
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    The Kingdom of Zuma
    Posts
    6,717

    Default

    For anyone running openelec on an hp microserver..Is it possible to also run plex media server off an openelec-based hp microserver? Some of my users are using LG smart tv's. They can pull video content via their smart tv's dlna feature but only video title details are visible, not full metadata. It seems LG smart tv's are enabled to pull full metadata, covers, and so on from a plex media server only. Or it there any openelec based method using the smart tv's dlna feature?
    The Kingdom of Zuma: 'Who needs toilet rolls when we have a constitution'

  10. #220
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Posts
    2,957

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zophas View Post
    SABnzbd is a service that can run on your OpenELEC machine and allows you to download newsgroup binaries directly to your HTPC. Even better, the suite on OpenELEC includes CouchPotato and Sickbeard which automatically search for, downloads and sorts, movies and TV shows as they become available.
    Moved from openelec to full Ubuntu coz i did not know this. Dammit, now I'm gonna have to move back.

    Although Eden has hardware acceleration for ati built in. So maybe I'll wait for openelec Eden.
    I came. I saw. I concurred.

  11. #221
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Mountain View
    Posts
    410

    Default

    Cant u update xbmc on openelec?

  12. #222

    Default

    WOW cant believe i never looked into this thread until now. Thought it was about a big LCD and surround sound. How mistaken was I

    Assumption is the mother of all reverse cowgirl.

    Anyway I have a question here. I have about 3 - 4 Tb of movies and series, if not more ( A lot has been saved onto over 500 DVD;s the rest on HDD storage.) But I renamed a lot of the series and folders myself and deleted a lot of the NFO's when I had them. I did not see a need for them as I used to just put Season 1 of a series on a DVD and watch in my player, or watch it form a flash drive on my Blueray player. With this renaming, will the scraping still collect all the correct NFO data? Or am I doomed to have to manually edit/create NFO?

  13. #223
    Super Grandmaster Madman88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    9,755
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gory51 View Post
    WOW cant believe i never looked into this thread until now. Thought it was about a big LCD and surround sound. How mistaken was I

    Assumption is the mother of all reverse cowgirl.

    Anyway I have a question here. I have about 3 - 4 Tb of movies and series, if not more ( A lot has been saved onto over 500 DVD;s the rest on HDD storage.) But I renamed a lot of the series and folders myself and deleted a lot of the NFO's when I had them. I did not see a need for them as I used to just put Season 1 of a series on a DVD and watch in my player, or watch it form a flash drive on my Blueray player. With this renaming, will the scraping still collect all the correct NFO data? Or am I doomed to have to manually edit/create NFO?
    As long as your naming is correct XBMC should be able to scrape successfully. You can use the renamer to clean up the names. If there are movies that struggle just make an nfo with the same name and paste the imdb link into it.
    I am 13531

    "Balance is the key to everything, without it we would just keep falling over."

  14. #224
    Super Grandmaster Madman88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    9,755
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
    or better yet, press Info on the movie, and then hit "Refresh"
    You will at some point see a "Manual" button - edit the name there and then it will pop up with a wide list of movies on that title.

    For example, if it doesn't get the right title for Harry Potter: The Sorcerer of Khu'Anunak and the Mighty Wizards (or whatever), just click manual and type "harry potter" and nothing else. choose the correct one on the next screen.
    Nice! Learn something new everyday!
    I am 13531

    "Balance is the key to everything, without it we would just keep falling over."

  15. #225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
    or better yet, press Info on the movie, and then hit "Refresh"
    You will at some point see a "Manual" button - edit the name there and then it will pop up with a wide list of movies on that title.

    For example, if it doesn't get the right title for Harry Potter: The Sorcerer of Khu'Anunak and the Mighty Wizards (or whatever), just click manual and type "harry potter" and nothing else. choose the correct one on the next screen.
    Cool thanks. I need to read this thread from start to finish one of these days. Got about 10 days leave coming up over Easter so I have this as my Easter Project .

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51112131415 16171819 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •