Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 276 of 401 FirstFirst ... 176226266272273274275276 277278279280286326376 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,140 of 6010

Thread: MWEB Uncapped ADSL Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by froot View Post
    I rarely watch 480... but 360p: It downloads about 1m20 for every 1m00 I watch.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9NF2edxy-M ... @ 480p I stay ahead of it by a marginal amount but it doesn't have to buffer at all.
    YouTube streaming seem much better now, couldn't watch anything this morning.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jacques_mybb View Post
    Never heard of NZB's, but I am trying to do some research on it as to how it works as it is mentioned here quite often.
    Pretty easy.
    Just get yourself SABnzbd, just Google. Download and install, in setup use news.mweb.co.za and Port 119. Now just get yourself a place to download NZB's, let's use NZBMatrix.com for now. Now just search what your looking for, download the nzb file and it will open in SABnzbd, kinda like using Utorrent. Now your set!

There are other NZB sites, Google is your friend!

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner182 View Post
    Pretty easy.
    Just get yourself SABnzbd, just Google. Download and install, in setup use news.mweb.co.za and Port 119. Now just get yourself a place to download NZB's, let's use NZBMatrix.com for now. Now just search what your looking for, download the nzb file and it will open in SABnzbd, kinda like using Utorrent. Now your set!

Thanks! Will definitely give this a go!

Mweb gumy mweb is acting all screwy can barely watch youtube videos buffers every 20 secs. Could you please help me? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner182 View Post
    Pretty easy.

Amazing, I am downloading at a constant 95kb/s using this method, thanks!

AnWowow so i decided to go a few pages back and to see mweb have been having some problems of recent... Ive phoned telkom numberous times during the following 2 weeks complaining to them and maybe the fault was with mweb all along? Hmm will use my afrihost account at work tomorrow to see if that changes things

Edit:
    Hmmmmm.... Well I read Mweb guy's feedback about attenuation and mine is on 63db.... Not a good sign AT ALL! Damn you telkom get more exchanges!!
    Last edited by Wolfy; 03-05-2012 at 10:38 PM.

Im thinking about upping my 1mb to 4mb, im just worried being in a small town i wont actually get the 4mb speed im looking for.

Anyone know if living in a small town affects speed a lot?
    E8500 @ 3.16Ghz, P5Q SE,
    4x 2gb Kingston Hyper ddr2-800, 250gb Seagate,
    Force3D HD4850, CoolMaster 600w PSU, CoolerMaster CM 690 Case, Samsung S2333SW

Torrents flying at the moment!

I tried to get a trial account yesterday, but the consultant wanted me to sign up for a new account with a 5-day cooling off period. Why do I need to sign up for an account to get a trial to test?
    If MWeb is concerned about abuse on the trial accounts, why not give them 500mb cap each.
    The very existence of flamethrowers suggests that at one point someone said to them self, "You know, I'd really like to set those people over there on fire."

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Freakboy View Post
    I tried to get a trial account yesterday, but the consultant wanted me to sign up for a new account with a 5-day cooling off period. Why do I need to sign up for an account to get a trial to test?
    If MWeb is concerned about abuse on the trial accounts, why not give them 500mb cap each.
    It's standard. You can use the 5 day period as a trial and if you like it, continue. I just said that Mweb guy said I must try out the 7 day trial and he was like "oh, ok'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickster View Post
    Why is everyone going ape **** over this car, it looks like junk and the performance must be too.
    Quote Originally Posted by KSINGH View Post
    Oh no you didn't

Hi Everyone

I see there has been a bit of discussion about torrent speeds in the last few days.

Torrent speeds are never guaranteed and will fluctuate through the day and can even differ from day to day depending on the network load. I know the speeds have been excellent for the last few months, but please remember that this is a shaped product and torrent traffic has the lowest priority so you simply can't expect that experience to remain constant.

The good news is that we did add a little bandwidth onto the fire yesterday so there will hopefully be some improvement and we are expecting a substantial upgrade on the 1st of June.

For the torrenters I would however recommend that you don't speed watch - it is a shaped product and you should rather look at what you're downloading over the course of the month to determine if you're getting value for money, rather than how fast it's going right this minute.

Regards
    Will
    MWEB Operations Technical Manager - Please Direct your general support queries to MWEB Guy

Super Grandmaster

Hi Will.
    Recommend that the guys use nntp rather

Oh, I do have a valid question.... what's up with the DNS? Yesterday morning I had everything fail at DNS level, so I switched to Google DNS. It's obviously slower than local DNS, so I switched back later, only to have more DNS-level failures. For instance, Mweb mail wouldn't load, I had a non-working news.mweb.co.za IP.
    It seems to be fine this morning though.
    Why is everyone going ape **** over this car, it looks like junk and the performance must be too.
    Oh no you didn't

Quote Originally Posted by froot View Post
    Hi Will.
    Recommend that the guys use nntp rather

Oh, I do have a valid question.... what's up with the DNS? Yesterday morning I had everything fail at DNS level, so I switched to Google DNS. It's obviously slower than local DNS, so I switched back later, only to have more DNS-level failures. For instance, Mweb mail wouldn't load, I had a non-working news.mweb.co.za IP.
    It seems to be fine this morning though.
    Good morning Froot, nothing that we are aware of; however we'll definitely look into this.

I have just migrated a whole lot of clients to M-Web ADSL but now they are getting email sending errors. The error is 451 4.3.0 try again.

I've tested this on an M-Web ADSL line and another ADSL supplier and only happens on the M-Web ADSL line.

What is worrying is that the email sending connection is suppose to be secure to the Google Apps mail server.

Any ideas?

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by MWEB Guy View Post
    Good morning Froot, nothing that we are aware of; however we'll definitely look into this.
    I did mention it yesterday but you seem to have missed it. Other people also made mention of the issue (on other sites).
    Oh no you didn't

Page 276 of 401 FirstFirst ... 176226266272273274275276 277278279280286326376 ... LastLast