Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast

Thread: Pyramid / Ponzi Scheme advice for an arrogant friend

Angry Pyramid / Ponzi Scheme advice for an arrogant friend

My friend recently asked me and one of our friends to come to Orion Hotel in Braamfontein where there is this amazing business opportunity (Invest R2k and get R8 back in one week) He won't take my word that it's a flim flam / ponzi scheme that will burst in his face.

Doubting Thomas that he is wants proof. Here http://www.travelmarq.net/

Please help me help him.

SmoothOokerMaximus The_Librarian's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just don't go.

Find a suitable excuse and make yourself scarce. He'll have to learn the hard way unfortunately.
    Christ-mass is NOT for Christians. Jeremiah 10.
    Is the 10 Commandments for Christians?

Saturday is the Seventh day, Sunday is the first day.

Blog Entries

LOL. You're on your own

Blog Entries

It's very trying when friends get sucked into this sort of ****.

I'm poor, so it's never an issue though.

I don't have to read any further 600% return in one week means you must be buying someone equipment to rob a bank.

tell you bank robbers Goodluck then maybe you might see some returns.

NO! If the scheme is just starting out, invest 10k and be the first to pull out. Thereafter, be smart and walk away with your return and buy me an Asus Transformer Prime

Blog Entries

Klap him over his head with a golf club or similar object and try and make him see some sense.

.... or just don't go
    For more iAdvice head over to:
    http://iPhoneZA.co.za

iPhoneographers - Check out http://appleofmyi.co.za

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Sbudah View Post
    That website must have been written by a Nigerian 419 expert... it just screams BULL****.

Whenever some one offers you such a high rate of return it means some one is getting screwed.

If you can't figure out who is getting screwed... its you.

If its even half legit they will have some or other clause that you have to re-invest the money with them... then you have to invest more to get more etc...

EDIT: from the site
    Greetings Clients.

We are presently transitioning to our newer offices, still in the same building, note that there may be disruptions with regard to communicating through to the office as the lines are also being transferred. We ask for your patience and understanding

Regards
    The Team
    Let the butt rape begin....

Oh and its actually time share, so like I said the money you get back will locked in to something or other.
    Last edited by Nerfherder; 01-11-2011 at 02:40 PM.
    "What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." ~ Christopher Hitchens

My idea of "Help from above" is a sniper on a roof.

Quote Originally Posted by mpower111 View Post
    NO! If the scheme is just starting out, invest 10k and be the first to pull out. Thereafter, be smart and walk away with your return and buy me an Asus Transformer Prime
    And when this scheme finally falls flat, then police investigations and end result you have to pay back what you received.
    There is no win in such a scheme.

Just dont go and let him learn the hard way. Make him sign a notice reflecting the fact you believe it is a scam. That way, when he gets scammed, you wave the piece of paper in his face and say "I TOLD YOU SO".

If his greed is so great that he will fall for something like this, then by all means let him go.

Blog Entries

Wow if the % dont tell you something is wrong the 1st part in the page should:

We are presently transitioning to our newer offices, still in the same building, note that there may be disruptions with regard to communicating through to the office as the lines are also being transferred. We ask for your patience and understanding
    In other words when you looking for me I am ze hiding.... an no you cant have ze money back.
    .... and thanks for all the fish.

And if all of this still does not ring the alarm bells this should

As a member you also have the option to earn passive income time and again. Once you introduce 2 members to Style Travel-MarQ, you begin this exciting success journey.

I want to go there for the heck of it and to just sit through the BS presentation and start laughing hysterically - literally rolling on the floor with laughter, call them a nice insulting name before leaving the hotel.

If I could, I'd find a way of getting the first return and run off with it.

I wonder why cops let scum like this go on for this long

Super Grandmaster

But wait...there's more...

Once you cycle out of the Silver Board, TravelmarQ retains $200.00 of your commission to rejoin you onto the Diamond Board.
    TravelmarQ retains $550 of your commission to rejoin you on to a platinum board.
    And from cycling out of the Diamond Board, you then enter the Platinum Board and finally the Emerald board whereby you will continue to revolve. When cycling, you qualify to earn a residual income and receive incentives and bonuses.

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast