Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 21 of 84 FirstFirst ... 111718192021 222324253171 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Samsung Galaxy Note (N7000) Thread

Quote Originally Posted by IRG View Post
    Arrrr ... got impatient on waiting for the One X release date (supposedly first week of June). So seeing I love my Galaxy Tab 10.1 so much, just decided to order the Note.... first thing I do when it comes it root & flash!
    That's the style I do the same. Within 2 to 4 hours of getting any new device it is rooted and flashed.
    www.savitar.co.za - Software Solutions
    www.vaping101.co.za - eCig Solutions

ok I am getting my note tomorrow... what do I need to do in order to be prepared to maximize it.

Background - I have had a iphone for the past few years so I know all the tweak on that side when it was jb. But now I know nothing about android.

I would like to root and install a rom, not sure which one.

I know there is a sticky in this forum for apps but there is just so many apps. I just dont know where to start.

First and foremost do I need a anti-virus?

Quote Originally Posted by Wag View Post
    But when, That is the 1 million dollar question
    sadly no answer to that
    but this should be some motivation to stick it out for its release

So I just received my Note, the guy had flashed it to v4.0.3

I can do anything else but when I make phone calls it just static for the people I am calling. I can hear them fine.

What is wrong???

Grandmaster

Great features, the premium upgrade will really push the Note to the front position in the smartphone-race

Even if the update were to be released tomorrow... South-Africans will probably still have to wait 2-3 months for the update to be available here if the N7000XXLA4 update is anything to go by... What is so damn special about south africa??? I did not see anything region/vodacom specific on the phone except mabye vodafone bookmarks? Can anyone maybe explain?

True.

Just falling in!!! Could someone give me an estimation on what the cost price on the Note is please? And of the Galaxy S2?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carr0t View Post
    Just falling in!!! Could someone give me an estimation on what the cost price on the Note is please? And of the Galaxy S2?

Thanks
    If you get the Note from the Samsung shop directly you can get it for around R6.5k.
    The GS 2 is currently R 3.5k at 8ta (and perhaps elsewhere).
    I came from the GS2 to the Note and can say without a doubt the Note is worth the extra spend.
    www.savitar.co.za - Software Solutions
    www.vaping101.co.za - eCig Solutions

I feel so silly, I am crazy with anticipation for my upgrade at the end of the year, when i'll be going to the Galaxy Note. It looks awesome! It'll be a big step up from my first and current smartphone (LG Optimus One)

Grandmaster

ICS is officially available!
    I'm on a German Rom N7000XLB2 and using a German Sales Code and it was just pushed to me an hour ago. Still downloading (the message indicated it has the new S Memo and other stuff).
    My nefarious schemes to achieve ultimate global domination are well under way. You can read more at my blog: http://oronte.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by oronte View Post
    I'm on a German Rom N7000XLB2 and using a German Sales Code and it was just pushed to me an hour ago. Still downloading (the message indicated it has the new S Memo and other stuff).
    Awesome!
    Let us know how it goes!

Hey

Currently running on Ginger 2.3.6 stock and unrooted.

my baseband is a new one LA3.

I want to root and play around with custom roms but there is so much information out there on how to do it I am not sure which is the right one.

Had a iphone previously and it was so simple to jailbreak, same method each time for any make and ipad...

Android is amazing so far but the phone is abit laggy on 2.3.6

Any suggestions or help?

Mike?

Quote Originally Posted by oronte View Post

http://www.tech.sc/android-4-0-ics-o...g-galaxy-note/

http://www.engadget.com/2012/05/10/g...lshare_twitter

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/mobi...dwich-upgrade/
    Last edited by Scooby6; 10-05-2012 at 01:44 PM.

Hello gang; a new addition. Upgraded my Blackberry 9300 contract yesterday and had my phone delivered today , OMG WHAT A LOVELY PHONE. Android has come a long way since my days of using Htc Desire (before it was stolen) and my Moto Defy yuck

Page 21 of 84 FirstFirst ... 111718192021 222324253171 ... LastLast