Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast

Thread: Updated MyBB app for iPhone

Default Updated MyBB app for iPhone

So, I downloaded the updated MyBB iPhone app this morning.
    I'll admit it's going to take me a moment to get used to the new look and feel and I'm still trying to decide if I think it's a good or bad job.
    The tab for threads I've participated in is gone, it's a little thing but I know I'm going to miss in a BIG way 'cos I guess you have to search for those threads every time you want to comment now. Also, there doesn't seem to be an immediately obvious way to update the forum threads... If anyone has worked that out won't you let us all know.

Quote Originally Posted by greg0205 View Post
    So, I downloaded the updated MyBB iPhone app this morning.
    I'll admit it's going to take me a moment to get used to the new look and feel and I'm still trying to decide if I think it's a good or bad job.
    The tab for threads I've participated in is gone, it's a little thing but I know I'm going to miss in a BIG way 'cos I guess you have to search for those threads every time you want to comment now. Also, there doesn't seem to be an immediately obvious way to update the forum threads... If anyone has worked that out won't you let us all know.
    Do you know if it's a universal app?
    The best path to Ockham's razor is not with over zealous use of his broom

Quote Originally Posted by [)roi(] View Post
    Do you know if it's a universal app?
    Universal? I'm assuming you mean phone and pad... I think it's specifically for the iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by greg0205 View Post
    Universal? I'm assuming you mean phone and pad... I think it's specifically for the iPhone.
    Yes that's what I meant; now that's something I don't understand -- why are some developers too lazy to build for both?; it's actually quite simple

Quote Originally Posted by [)roi(] View Post
    Yes that's what I meant; now that's something I don't understand -- why are some developers too lazy to build for both?; it's actually quite simple
    Yeah, I don't get it either.
    On the plus side I've worked out that if you hit the Home button and then hit the Home button in the pop up menu it refreshes the forum threads... On the negative side, you only get the first ten threads and on a busy news day that can be tedious. I'm subscribing to threads just to be able to find them later.

I downloaded the update; in short this version sucks (design is shocking)
    As you said the feature to track your participated threads was very useful -- why they removed functionality is beyond me?

Press Home and then home again in popup -- that's so alien to Apple apps; ever heard of pull to refresh?

So do you know where we can lodge a complaint / raise a feature / redesign request?
    Last edited by [)roi(]; 10-11-2011 at 04:42 PM.

If the participated tab is gone then I'll stay with version 1.0. The only issue I have is it goes through a phase where it crashes if there are embedded images, but that bug goes away for long times. Did it again yesterday though.

Quote Originally Posted by biometrics View Post
    If the participated tab is gone then I'll stay with version 1.0. The only issue I have is it goes through a phase where it crashes if there are embedded images, but that bug goes away for long times. Did it again yesterday though.
    Yep, think I'll be looking to see if I have a backup of 1.0 later.

Super Grandmaster

Definitely a huge leap back. Doesn't look to have settings options
    the nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry & depression

Ok I took a chance. This version sucks! Can someone please send me the original? How does one revert?

Some issues:

No participated tab
    No embedded images
    No refresh
    Large pointless Welcome banner wasting space
    Post seems to unsubscribe you from a thread
    Open a thread and it goes to page 1 not where you were last
    Select go to last message and it doesn't update the page number at the top so no easy way to back up a page
    Quoted text doesn't show who
    No settings
    After post goes to page top

What is nice is the loading of the next page without needing to click next page

I may just have to use a browser from now on
    Last edited by biometrics; 10-11-2011 at 06:52 PM.

Please send me the old version someone. I'm actually using a browser now but that's not ideal.

I miffed.

Quote Originally Posted by biometrics View Post
    Please send me the old version someone. I'm actually using a browser now but that's not ideal.

I miffed.
    Yep, I'll second that... Anyone, anyone... Bueller?

Have a look here (on XP anyway): C:\Documents and Settings\ user name \My Documents\My Music\iTunes\Mobile Applications (I've change the location of mine so not 100% sure that's right)

and upload the MyBroadband 1.0.0.ipa file to http://filegooi.co.za/
    Last edited by biometrics; 10-11-2011 at 08:00 PM.

I ran out of space a few months ago on my SSD and removed iTunes and it's backups ... found the file on an off-local backup, will try restore it just now. In the mean time, if you're looking for it: http://filegooi.co.za/get2/9bf8ed472...yBroadband.ipa

Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast