Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast

Thread: Chewing gum not allowed

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
    I think this is ridiculous.

WTF is all this punishing people for crimes they have not even committed yet?
    What happened to innocent until proven guilty? Is this minority report or something?

What happened to our liberties...not allowed to chew gum on a train? this is absurd

We are being controlled more and more each day and you guys are okay with that?

It's called preventative maintenance...a much better alternative to reparative maintenance. Would you want to ride a train where they're strict on eating laws, or a train that constantly has to be cleaned of sticky stains all over?

Apart from the silly gesture that you cannot go without eating for the period that you are on the train, I can't see how anyone would want to eat in an enclosed environment where strangers are coughing/breathing all over you.

Speaking of which, if you're allowed to eat...then so is the dude who brought his egg & atcha sarmies to work. Do you REALLY want that odour climbing up your nostrils?
    Chicks are car guards. Kick 'em inna panty!

I suffer from A.D.D. : Attention Deficit Diso - oooh lets go ride bikes! ~

What's the longest you're going to spend on the Gautrain anyway?I'm sure even Alex Ferguson could manage going on the Gautrain without having to chew gum.
    i nrrf iy

I personally don't like gum chewing as it makes me hungry... But I agree with this rule. People should not chew gum in public transport.

It's dental gum and it is already in my mouth when I boarded but was told to take it out at Airport Station sitting in the train for 20 minutes waiting to depart.

I would prefer if it is in your mouth when you board you can keep it there. Not forced to take it out.
    I don't swallow the dental gum.

Next time I will only chew when the guy is not walking past i.e. when the train is moving.

And you guys call us smokers bad...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol' Mean Bastid View Post
    RPM posting in TK broke myBB
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ... View Post
    I just called Korny1 a bud.

Quote Originally Posted by Korn1 View Post
    And you guys call us smokers bad...
    Dental gum good for your health. Smoking not. Huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by skimread View Post
    Dental gum good for your health. Smoking not. Huge difference.
    Dude,smokers deal with a lot of restrictions (not saying smoking is good). But shyt,gum? Now unfortunately we get dumb ppl who stick it anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol' Mean Bastid View Post
    RPM posting in TK broke myBB
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ... View Post
    I just called Korny1 a bud.

Personally, I think this is a great rule, am glad to see that they are actually enforcing it.

I think they shouldn't just tell you to throw your gum away if they catch you with it, but there should be a spot fine of R200-500 if you are caught. They can stop you at the access control when you are arriving, and tell you to get rid of it, but if you are caught past this point, or departing, with chewing gum, then the fine should become applicable. The only way people will learn, really.

B

@Home:Ubuntu 11.10 64-bit / Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
    Proud Pentax K-30 Owner!

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Bismuth View Post
    Personally, I think this is a great rule, am glad to see that they are actually enforcing it.

I think they shouldn't just tell you to throw your gum away if they catch you with it, but there should be a spot fine of R200-500 if you are caught. They can stop you at the access control when you are arriving, and tell you to get rid of it, but if you are caught past this point, or departing, with chewing gum, then the fine should become applicable. The only way people will learn, really.

B
    I agree completely with this. No eating is no eating. You're a big boy, you'll manage without your chewy for a few minutes. There's a good lad.

Seriously, some guys here won't be able to survive Singapore.

Gum is allowed in airports during scanning, boarding and being in the plane. If I arrive from a flight overseas just to be told at the airport train station gum is not allowed it somehow just doesn't make sense seeing it was allowed on the plane.

There are cameras on the Gautrain so if you stick gum beneath the seats they can heavily fine you so don't punish people who use it to relax. Travelling on public transport and standing in queues can be stressful. Chewing gum is relaxing.

I don't drink or smoke so don't punish me on the only transport in this country that has this stupid rule.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisc4290 View Post
    Why don't you just gob it out the window. With correct timing, it might hit an oncoming train
    Gautrain does not have windows that can open.

Quote Originally Posted by Lounger View Post
    I've seen these 'professionals' do all sorts of things on the trains, like put their feet up, smoke, lie across the seats, spit, graffitti, rip the seats, etc etc..

Lucky to see a guard these days. It used to be common for them to tell idiots off.
    You know we're talking about the Gautrain here?? Security is pretty tight...
    I believe posters are recognised by their sig... so I made one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bismuth View Post

B
    I bet you wish you were still in school where some teacher or what-not can make all your decisions for you.

Quote Originally Posted by evilstebunny View Post
    I bet you wish you were still in school where some teacher or what-not can make all your decisions for you.
    I'm glad that they made, and enforce, the decision for all who use the train. Yes, it is inconvenient, but it ensures that I don't have to encounter some idiot's second hand gum. As for enforcing the rule retrospectively - chances are that they'll only discover the gum long after the miscreants are gone. At that stage it is just about impossible to id the guilty on tape.

Also, the principle of fairness - how can they allow gum, but I'm not allowed to eat a garlic and egg sandwich!? ()

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast