Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 13 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3910111213 141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: Web Africa Home Uncapped Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by WAJeff View Post
    Are the slow issues 24/7 or just during business hours?
    Well, in my case the issues with https, Skype jitter, etc persisted well until I went to bed (after 01:00). So I'm going with 24/7

Not getting full speed. Downloading a file thats going at 20KB/s on 384. Plus the https sites sometimes have to be refreshed before they load.

I'm also nowhere near the threshhold. Dont know whats going on.
    I couldn't find the sports car of my dreams, so I built it myself. - Ferdinand Porsche

Quote Originally Posted by DeadPool View Post
    Not getting full speed. Downloading a file thats going at 20KB/s on 384. Plus the https sites sometimes have to be refreshed before they load.

I'm also nowhere near the threshhold. Dont know whats going on.
    Yeah, definitely an issue with the HTTPS sites. It doesn't matter whether it's Steam, Twitter, Facebook, Gmail; if it uses HTTPS it'll have an issue....

Pleeeeease fix!

Morning guys,

I'd like to have a look into this for you, seems very strange that certain protocols are too slow.
    Can you please reply with the following, I'll have this passed onto the Engineering guys:

• What speed Uncapped do you have
    ]

4Mbps Home uncapped account syncing at 3Mbps

• What's slow?
    ]

Gaming. Pings to the international servers remin correct when looking at them but the actual data coming through feels like it is congested and getting bad latency. Also line keeps dropping out. When play local Wage servers doesn't seem to be any issues

• Have you reached your threshold?
    ]

Nope

• Are you downloading anything in the background?
    Nope. don't download - use the account mostly for gaming

Are the slow issues 24/7 or just during business hours?
    24/7

Currently using my Afrihost account which is working fine

Come on Web Africa. I am a huge fan and have been kind of disappointed since the SAT3 cable break
    I've got to stop saying "how stupid can you be?"...........Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by CVRChameleon View Post
    My summary of this situation too, quite sad that there is really no ISP in this country that can offer something that they so highly try and promote. Again lies? Geez really was so hoping that this account could be the answer to my troubles :/
    I don't think and highly doubt these guys would blatantly lie. I think it might be more a case of over-confidence in the product's ability and now that more users are connecting, it is strugdling with the capacity of the network.

Grandmaster

I'm hoping for teething problems (as with most new products) as the cause of the problems for those that have them. Also hoping they get sorted by early next year so I can sign-up
    >>>>>> <<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by MFour View Post
    I'm hoping for teething problems (as with most new products) as the cause of the problems for those that have them. Also hoping they get sorted by early next year so I can sign-up
    I've got my money on teething problems, WebAfrica is a company I will give the benefit of the doubt when it comes to things like this. This is something that affects me too and I'm confident WebAfrica will come up with a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by MFour View Post
    *nod*

Look, it's nothing huge, otherwise I would've gone back to my OpenWeb Gold account. The quality is by far excellent, speeds are nominal, the support is both professional and courteous and my latency in games is the best it's been yet.

The HTTPS issue is just a hassle that can easily cause problems (like when buying something online ). And today, video Streaming seems to be perfect and I'll see how Skype is later today.

So far I'm very happy. For R600pm I really just want "perfect" outside of throttling but that's unlikely to be possible on a consumer uncapped product in South Africa any time soon.

Web Africa Representative WAJeff's Avatar

Hey guys,

Sorry for being a little quiet today. Been sitting with a whole stack of people in the office gathering all the info that's been posted here.
    From my understanding, we'll be doing some work on the weekend on this and have almost pin-pointed the issues.

Hey guys,

Sorry for being a little quiet today. Been sitting with a whole stack of people in the office gathering all the info that's been posted here.
    From my understanding, we'll be doing some work on the weekend on this and have almost pin-pointed the issues.
    Yay!

Holding thumbs.

Web Africa Representative WAJeff's Avatar

Just had a chat with Tim, our CEO - it's a little embarrassing, but it seems as though a lot more accounts become active from yesterday slowing things down a little bit.

As I mentioned in my post above, we're provisioning a lot more bandwidth for Monday, and things are expected to get better for this weekend. Will keep everyone posted when I get more updates

Just had a chat with Tim, our CEO - it's a little embarrassing, but it seems as though a lot more accounts become active from yesterday slowing things down a little bit.

As I mentioned in my post above, we're provisioning a lot more bandwidth for Monday, and things are expected to get better for this weekend. Will keep everyone posted when I get more updates

Super Grandmaster

Just plug into WACS.
    #Occupy TK
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
    Sometimes, I just love your mind...
    T A N S T A A F L

Hey guys,

Great thanks Jeff
    I've got to stop saying "how stupid can you be?"...........Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Just started using your 4mb uncapped service, great stuff so far, downloading has been going at full speed and i have had no problems streaming

Only problem i am currently having is playing starcraft 2, it takes forever to log and and the games are very laggy

Page 13 of 113 FirstFirst ... 3910111213 141516172363 ... LastLast