Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Melting Candles in microwave

Default Melting Candles in microwave

Will it explode and kill us all here at work? or is it safe? I usually do it over a stove, but we dont have one here at work?
    Quote Originally Posted by HBee View Post
    Thanks
    Im sure U can appreciate the fact that we are entering the 3rd week of lousy connectivity and that patience and understanding are now also being shaped

DON'T use a microwave it is NOT safe! When it reaches flash point it will catch fire & explode. The parafin vapours generated are pretty flammable.

Use the double boiler method.
    entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

Quote Originally Posted by ponder View Post
    DON'T use a microwave it is NOT safe! When it reaches flash point it will catch fire & explode. The parafin vapours generated are pretty flammable.

Use the double boiler method.
    What he said, absolutely!

If you want to know how safe it is in a microwave, refer here

http://www.youtube.com/show/isitagoo...rowavethis?s=4

Use the microwave, but let your boss stand near it

Thanks for the youtube link, watched it, and nothing happened, he had the wick lit when he put it in for 2 minutes. although it didnt get to melting point either. I will just have to melt it another way, because I dont want to die just yet, even if it may not even happen. Will ask the boss if he wont mind waiting at the microwave until my lunch has "warmed up" rofl.
    Quote Originally Posted by HBee View Post
    Thanks
    Im sure U can appreciate the fact that we are entering the 3rd week of lousy connectivity and that patience and understanding are now also being shaped

Why not place the candles in a glass bowl filled with water and use microwave
    You only get one chance to piss off a client. After that they are an ex client ...