Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 9 1 2345 ... LastLast

Thread: Did Cell C deactivate Vodacom roaming on my sim?

Default Did Cell C deactivate Vodacom roaming on my sim?

So...as the title says. For a while now I have noticed that when I do a network search Vodacom no longer shows up....at all...not even 2G. The reason why this is becoming a issue is that Cell C has become very frustrating for me. My there are spots in my room where my phone will just loose signal. EDGE has hardly any throughput anymore and 3G at the house has almost completely dissapeared and if I do get a bar or two of signal there aint no throughput most of the time anyway.

What I want to do is set my phone to roam on Vodacom EDGE rather....but now it seems Cell C have removed the roaming on Vodacom from my sim somehow. Any of you with a similar issue or is it just me??
    Oh he is HOT! Does he have a gay brother? Or a straight brother that drinks a lot?

Super Grandmaster

Funny you mention that oc, this weekend I was in the V&A Waterfront and couldn't get Vodacom EDGE on my Cell C sim. Both my wife's and my phone showed no signal. Had to do a network scan again and switch to Cell C.

Not on my phone. The switches to Vodacom when there isn't any Cell C signal available. When at home, I have roughly the same scenario as ocleroux, ie, Cell C have a poor signal around my area and I roam on Vodacom almost all the time. I am coincidentally at home now and roaming on Vodacom.

Quote Originally Posted by Dups! View Post
    Not on my phone. The switches to Vodacom when there isn't any Cell C signal available. When at home, I have roughly the same scenario as ocleroux, ie, Cell C have a poor signal around my area and I roam on Vodacom almost all the time. I am coincidentally at home now and roaming on Vodacom.
    Yeah...my phone used to do the same when I went to Eastgate Mall (Major deadspot for Cell C). Would roam automatically on Vodacom. But now that I want to force my phone onto Vodacom EDGE rather...It does not even show up on the search anymore...and no...Vodacom aint down cause everyone I know and where I do the searches is working on Vodacom. I have now tried this at home in Bruma and @ work in Midrand. Urg.
    Oh he is HOT! Does he have a gay brother? Or a straight brother that drinks a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by ajax View Post
    Funny you mention that oc, this weekend I was in the V&A Waterfront and couldn't get Vodacom EDGE on my Cell C sim. Both my wife's and my phone showed no signal. Had to do a network scan again and switch to Cell C.
    *sigh*

Tnx ajax.

Super Grandmaster

Could it be that roaming is disabled in some areas but not all? I.e. where there is "sufficient" coverage for Cell C Vodacom has disabled roaming?

Quote Originally Posted by ocleroux View Post
    Yeah...my phone used to do the same when I went to Eastgate Mall (Major deadspot for Cell C). Would roam automatically on Vodacom. But now that I want to force my phone onto Vodacom EDGE rather...It does not even show up on the search anymore...and no...Vodacom aint down cause everyone I know and where I do the searches is working on Vodacom. I have now tried this at home in Bruma and @ work in Midrand. Urg.
    I sure hope that this doesn't spell doom for all of us as Cell C subscribers, without Vodacom as a roaming partner we have practically no decent signal in certain areas.

But then, seeing that I can still roam could probably mean your area has some technical glitch on Cell C's side... hopefully.

On Saturday night my tower had a problem. My Cell C 3G signal dropped and eventually it switched to Vodacom roaming automatically, no issues.

Sunday morning around 11h00 the Cell C tower was back on, full 3G signal.

Super Grandmaster

Just tested, roaming is working in Stellenbosch.

Now when I try and do a network search it says "connection unavailable". Ai tog.

Will wait for Cell_C to give some input.

But then, seeing that I can still roam could probably mean your area has some technical glitch on Cell C's side... hopefully.
    Happening in Midrand also...not just at home.

I just tried again...and it came up with Vodacom SA. I selected it and then it said "Your sim does not allow a connection to this Network"

Sorry for your issues. I am still roaming on Vodacom since the morning without any problems.

Sorry for your issues. I am still roaming on Vodacom since the morning without any problems.
    ok....there is being supportive and then there is being a biets....no need to rub it in hey!

Ooops! I apologize, I didn't mean for it to come across that way.

Hope you're connection is sorted soon.

SmoothOokerMaximus The_Librarian's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ooops! I apologize, I didn't mean for it to come across that way.

Hope you're connection is sorted soon.
    Hehehe

Oc is just pulling your lega fast one
    Is the 10 Commandments for Christians?

Saturday is the Seventh day, Sunday is the first day.

VOTE #ROCK FOR PRESIDENT

Page 1 of 9 1 2345 ... LastLast