Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 89 LastLast

Thread: Did Cell C deactivate Vodacom roaming on my sim?

On the outskirts of the city, Woodstock.

Hi Cell_C, any news on the roaming. Still does not work for me. Common, going away next week will be really nice to be able to use my phone and to get what i'm paying for. Just from curiosity, how many months do you need guys, for some one to have a look at it and got it fix.

I second that Bavmorda

On Friday I was in Kommetjie, Cape Town, I had no reception at all on my phone using a standard Cell-C prepaid SIM.
    A friend using a Vodacom had signal. Is this one of the areas where roaming has been disabled?

I second Bavmorda and Daiyaan. I sent a PM to Armondo as requested on 25 January about my inability connect to any Cell C data services through my RBM contract when not in the major centres.
    A week ago I was visiting family in Limpopo. Although my wife could connect to data services on her Vodacom phone I did not have the same luck on my phone. I also have a Netcomm Router with Cell C. With the router I could connect through an Edge signal but not with my LG Optimus Black which is on the RBM contract. Should the settings of the phone be different when roaming?
    Can we please have a response Cell C?

Leaving tomorrow morning YEY. Well, except for few promises from Armando, nothing really happened. Will try while i'm there, but does not work in JHB, pretty sure it's not going to work there as well. Armando, would you please response and let us now, are we going to get the data going on our RBM contracts while roaming or not? Thank you very much.

Default Vodacom data romaing

Its been more than a year now and cellc has still not fixed my situation.

I am frequently out of cellc coverage whilist I travel and hence roam on vodacom.

I am unable to make use of any data services then.

I am really upset as cellc has not bothered to provision my number to the service.

It is evident that it should work as i have two family members with a contract and prepaid sim, and the data works perfectly whilist roaming.

My last plea.

Quote Originally Posted by Minosc View Post
    I second Bavmorda and Daiyaan. I sent a PM to Armondo as requested on 25 January about my inability connect to any Cell C data services through my RBM contract when not in the major centres.
    A week ago I was visiting family in Limpopo. Although my wife could connect to data services on her Vodacom phone I did not have the same luck on my phone. I also have a Netcomm Router with Cell C. With the router I could connect through an Edge signal but not with my LG Optimus Black which is on the RBM contract. Should the settings of the phone be different when roaming?
    Can we please have a response Cell C?
    I've also got a similar problem here at work, If I leave my office building and walk 200m down the lane to our food court. I end up roaming on voda, with no data on edge.

HI All

It has to do With RBM , that why normal Cell C Work.
    They are working on it, and think they have found the issue,
    Just awaiting report and action plan. been reading the emails.

They should have answer really soon.

Regards
    ~AM~

I am a normal CellC contract. Yet it doesnt work. So yes, waiting for resolution

I checked my phone..and noticed my data connection on EDGE was dood soos 'n mossie. Out of curiousity I forced my phone onto Vodacom 2G roaming...and not data. This is on a Moto RAZR in Midrand. Will test when at home tonight. Perhaps this is area specific. Was working fine the last time I tested it on my RAZR. Yes...just a reminder...I am using a RAZR..bestest phone! Did I mention I am using a RAZR? Oh I did? Just making sure. :-) hehe
    I don't pay taxes, I pay royalties
    Pieter Dirk Uys

Ok...tested mine now at home also..and not working. Double checked that Data Roaming is enabled. Not a biggie...have good signal at home. More out of interest sakes.
    Pieter Dirk Uys

Quote Originally Posted by ocleroux View Post
    Ok...tested mine now at home also..and not working. Double checked that Data Roaming is enabled. Not a biggie...have good signal at home. More out of interest sakes.
    HI

Where you check ?
    Home or Midrand ?

REgards
    ~AM~

Quote Originally Posted by Cell_C View Post
    HI

Where you check ?
    Home or Midrand ?

REgards
    ~AM~
    Both...this morning in Midrand...and then just now at home in Cyrildene. Have to go to Eastgate tomorrow morning...so will leave my phone on auto select, and then see what happens when it switches over to Vodacom automatically when I loose Cell C reception. :-)
    Pieter Dirk Uys

Quote Originally Posted by ocleroux View Post
    Both...this morning in Midrand...and then just now at home in Cyrildene. Have to go to Eastgate tomorrow morning...so will leave my phone on auto select, and then see what happens when it switches over to Vodacom automatically when I loose Cell C reception. :-)
    HI

Will wait to hear from you, as to your results.
    may be test on Iphone as well.

Regards
    ~AM~

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 89 LastLast