Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast

Thread: Saudi Arabia to ban sexy eyes?

Super Grandmaster

Default Saudi Arabia to ban sexy eyes?

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/314708

Saudi women with "sexy eyes" will soon have to cover them up in public. The government of Saudi Arabia has decided that its men would do better without the "tempting eyes" of attractive Saudi women in public places.
    A representative of Saudi Arabia's "Orwellian" Committee for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice, Sheikh Motlab al Nabet, has announced that a proposal to make it law that women with "sexy eyes" must cover them in public is being considered.

The Daily Beast reports that Nabet said:
    “The men of the committee will interfere to force women to cover their eyes, especially the tempting ones...[We] have the right to do so.”
    Already, women in Saudi Arabia are required by law to wear a long black robe called "abaya." The "abaya" covers up practically every part of a woman's body from feet to hair. A little slit-like space is left at the eyes to allow the woman see when she goes in public. Saudi women who dare appear in public without the "abaya" may be punished with fines and public flogging.

But it seems now that even this little necessary allowance for vision is offensive to the pious men of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. According to Daily Mail, the suggestion that women should cover their eyes too in public came after a pious member of the Committee for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice fell to the wiles of a woman with "sexy eyes" as he walked innocently down a street. According to the story, when the man's eyes strayed in the direction of alluring female eyes, the husband took offense. A fight followed in which the man with straying eyes was stabbed twice in the hand.

The Saudi Arabian Committee for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice, founded in 1940, is the morals watchdog of Saudi Arabian society. Its job is to ensure that society keeps to the strict rules of morality according to Koranic laws. According to NDTV, the committee, in its zeal for Islamic morality, refused to allow evacuation of girls from a school that was on fire because it was the holy month of Ramadan. The sight of "immodestly" dressed girls in the holy month could cause the men to sin by eying the girls' uncovered bodies lustfully. It was alleged that 15 of the girls died in the fire after their evacuation from the building was delayed while the Committee considered the best method to move them without tempting the men.

The Committee, according to NDTV , was also responsible for the ban on women driving. A woman in Saudi Arabia is not allowed to travel without approval of a male guardian or husband. A woman was sentenced to 10 lashes for violating the ban on women driving in September, but was spared when King Abdullah graciously intervened.

According to The Daily Beast, even though the Committee for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice has not provided a legal definition of "sexy eyes," a Saudi journalist bravely attempted a guess:
    “uncovered eyes with a nice shape and makeup. Or even without makeup, if they are beautiful, the woman will be in trouble.”
    But after taking the trouble to provide a legal definition of "sexy eyes," the Saudi journalist concluded:
    “It’s so stupid...I don’t know what to say. They have to stop this. Many people will oppose this in the country. They won’t be silent.”

Stupid? The Saudi state evidently does not think so. The Committee for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice, according to The Daily Beast, has full support of the state. Recently, heir to the Saudi throne, Prince Naif, extolled the virtues of the Committee and pledged state support:
    “The committee is supported by all sides ... It should be supported because it is a pillar from Islam. If you are a Muslim, you should support the committee.”
    King Abdullah, pleased with the work of the committee, recently gave it extra 200 million riyals ($53 million) to allow it perform better its duty of promoting virtue and preventing vice.
    The more they cover up, the less is required for them to want to have sexy time.
    Last edited by TheHiveMind; 22-11-2011 at 08:49 AM.

" The Daily Beast " ?

Thanks, never seen that site before..

A Djinn

Ninja'd proposes that all Saudi women should wear Sin Cara Negro masks.

Edit: It has occured to Ninja'd that he wears the same outfit as Saudi women
    Last edited by Ninja'd; 22-11-2011 at 09:45 AM.
    In a forum where free speech is an illusion... one man... shall continue to do nothing.

Blog Entries

These people need to move to a different planet where they can practise their stupidity all by themselves.

“The men of the committee will interfere to force women to cover their eyes, especially the tempting ones...[We] have the right to do so.”
    What's wrong, Arabistan?, I thought these liberated, free-thinking women wore their ninja suits by choice?

Are you now suggesting that it's not just filthy, decadent western LIEZ?

Edit: That's one more retard-point for the Religion of Peace®
    Last edited by TJ99; 22-11-2011 at 09:13 AM.
    ...if life is going to exist in a Universe of this size, then the one thing it cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion.

-Douglas Adams

Blog Entries

These arab countries are for the lulz!!!

I've got that "Hungry Eyes" song in my head now. Thanks Saudi Arabia.

Its so lulzworthy. Religion of peace, tolerance and women's rights.

Oh wait these are the extremists, right? I mean, the entire country is obviously full of extremists, because no Ordinary Muslim (tm) would do such a thing?

I keep forgetting that these barbaric practices are not representative of Islam despite the fact they are prevalent in just about every single Islamic country. Clearly those damn extremists are to blame!

Bwahahahah sexy eyes, what a bloody bunch of brain dead dinosaurs
    #FREEISRAEL

OMG....l feel ill at the thought of sharing this planet with these loony bunch! I wish the day would come where we are no longer dependant on oil and can tell these twits to go fck themselves and enjoy their scortched lands filled with nothing but sand and camels!

OK...maybe I am being a bit harsh...but jirre I cant handle this. It defies all logic in my view. And this thing of...oh but it is our religion and culture....you know what... FCK your culture and SCREW your religion! IT IS BARBARIC...no matter how you try and justify it!
    I don't pay taxes, I pay royalties
    Pieter Dirk Uys

Quote Originally Posted by ocleroux View Post
    OMG....l feel ill at the thought of sharing this planet with these loony bunch! I wish the day would come where we are no longer dependant on oil and can tell these twits to go fck themselves and enjoy their scortched lands filled with nothing but sand and camels!

OK...maybe I am being a bit harsh...but jirre I cant handle this. It defies all logic in my view. And this thing of...oh but it is our religion and culture....you know what... FCK your culture and SCREW your religion! IT IS BARBARIC...no matter how you try and justify it!
    Completely agree
    #FREEISRAEL

Blog Entries

The King should practice what he preaches.
    King Abdullah, pleased with the work of the committee, recently gave it extra 200 million riyals ($53 million) to allow it perform better its duty of promoting virtue and preventing vice.
    One can only imagine that King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia and his son, Prince Sultan, are not obligated to give explanations to anyone, but a picture published on the front page of major Saudi newspapers this past Friday showing both royal men posing amidst a room full of unveiled women paints a proverbial thousand words about the social transition that the Islamic country may be on the verge of making.
    http://www.examiner.com/foreign-affa...unveiled-women
    Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if they were going to be dead by midnight - Og Mandino.

What I don't get is if these men are so holy and whatnot then why can't they control themselves, show some self discipline.

Temptation shouldn't be an excuse because you're not strong willed enough. In fact it looks pathetic to take all the temptation away instead of dealing with it and showing how strong willed you are.

That partly exposed nose is still far too sexy. Damn whore is practically naked
    Last edited by Knyro; 22-11-2011 at 10:08 AM.
    You dare doubt the teachings of science!? Blasphemy!

According to NDTV, the committee, in its zeal for Islamic morality, refused to allow evacuation of girls from a school that was on fire because it was the holy month of Ramadan. The sight of "immodestly" dressed girls in the holy month could cause the men to sin by eying the girls' uncovered bodies lustfully. It was alleged that 15 of the girls died in the fire after their evacuation from the building was delayed while the Committee considered the best method to move them without tempting the men.
    So, rather than tell the men present, to turn around and face another direction, they let the girls burn to death...Stupidity knows no bounds...

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast