Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ExpenZa personal finance app

Default ExpenZa personal finance app

Take a look at ExpenZa, a locally developed Android app that makes it easy to keep track of your expenses and keep to your budget. It extracts the info from the SMS's the bank sends you when you spend money, and automates the process to make it a lot less hassle. It launched today, so please give feedback and let us know if your bank is not supported so we can add it.

Available in the Android market at : https://market.android.com/details?i...ance.expenseza

Hi, so far it looks good. Is there any way to bulk import the SMS messages from the past few months?

Otherwise I can only give you feedback in a couple of months....

Quote Originally Posted by Species8472 View Post
    Hi, so far it looks good. Is there any way to bulk import the SMS messages from the past few months?

Otherwise I can only give you feedback in a couple of months....
    That's on top of the list of features for the next release.

Other feature requests are also more than welcome!

Grandmaster

ok .. just got an sms from fnb and it did not register on the app ... is there something that I need to setup for it to work??

Quote Originally Posted by lucifir View Post
    ok .. just got an sms from fnb and it did not register on the app ... is there something that I need to setup for it to work??
    We're still adding sms's as we update. Please send the sms to feedback AT appositionconsulting DOT com (make the subject "Expenza feedback") and we'll make sure it's recognized in the next version.

Quote Originally Posted by Zak87 View Post
    AppStore please
    Not possible on a non jail-broken fruit phone unfortunately (can't read incoming sms messages from an app).

Quote Originally Posted by rbarryza View Post
    Not possible on a non jail-broken fruit phone unfortunately (can't read incoming sms messages from an app).
    Any chance for a cydia release then?

Quote Originally Posted by scot.cowley View Post
    Any chance for a cydia release then?
    Not in our plans at the moment. We're looking at moving to other technologies to support SMS as the main carrier of information in the future, so then iPhone will come into the picture again.

Nice app. When will it recognise prepaid electricity purchases from FNB?

I love this app!

A few suggestions:

For some reason my purchases of Feb29 reflected as March1 which was weird since the default page was still Feb.

Selecting a budget item or account should display all the items from that budget item or account.

Otherwise it works great!

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Alkine View Post
    I love this app!

A few suggestions:

For some reason my purchases of Feb29 reflected as March1 which was weird since the default page was still Feb.

Selecting a budget item or account should display all the items from that budget item or account.

Otherwise it works great!
    +1 .. had the same prob with feb 29 transaction and also agree that "Selecting a budget item or account should display all the items from that budget item or account" ....
    but I think this is one of the most useful apps I have right now

Thanks for the great feedback everyone. We are aware of the Leap Year Bug (I think it deserves a catchy acronymn : LYB . It's only for certain SMS messages (Discovery and FNB for instance). We'll have it fixed by the next leap year, I promise!

We plan on adding functionality to click on a budget item and then only seeing the expenses for that category. For now, a workaround is to sort the Expense List by Category.

There are some exciting developments around ExpenZa in the next month or two. Watch this space.

If you can send us an example of the unrecognized SMS to feedback@appositionconsulting.com , we'll add support for it in the next update.

Sorry for reviving such an old thread but I just discovered this app and thinks its the bees knees, It one of the most handy and useful apps I have on my android device. I aleady can see and change my spending habits. Thanks Developers!

One of the only things it lacks is a backup feature or export to excel.
    ----------------------------
    Join the Army
    Meet interesting people
    Kill them.
    ----------------------------

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast