Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vodacom Rewards Prepaid Customers

now MTN is going to claim it was their idea first, like always...

What's up with this anyway - a rewards program by stealth - what rewards? Just bring the price down already. Deals within deals do not equal cheaper calls.

Super Grandmaster

Agree, just drop the frikkin call costs ffs.
    "Never buy a black torch"

Sneeky

Does this also work for top up?

Isn't the whole idea behind paying the huge premium for prepaid to have some anonymonity. So how does that gel with a rewards program? Sounds phishy to me.

Grandmaster

A buddy of mine had a prepaid balance of about R2000. Vodacom made him a 'Platinum' customer and he got a special prepaid rate of R1.80 / minute. So they've been doing special stuff for prepaid subscribers for a long time already.
    Bandwidth is the lifeblood of the digital economy - Mark Shuttleworth

Quote Originally Posted by allyoucaneat
    Isn't the whole idea behind paying the huge premium for prepaid to have some anonymonity. So how does that gel with a rewards program? Sounds phishy to me.
    I think its just as much as milking those customers they dont deem as being acceptable credit risks.
    "Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien." FM Arouet
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" Unknown
    Ron White was right

From the website:

# Points will be automatically earned on recharges and SMS bundle purchases. (See terms & conditions for recharges that are excluded from earning Points)
    # 1 point will be earned for every R10 spent on a recharge. These points will be calculated by dividing the recharge amount by 10 where after the amount will be rounded to the nearest whole number.
    # For example;

1. A R12 recharge earns 1 point
    2. A R29 recharge earns 3 points
    3. A R55 recharge earns 6 points
    4. A R110 recharge earns 11 points
    5. A R275 recharge earns 28 points
    6. A R1000 recharge earned 100 points
    7. A R49 SMS bundle earns 5 points

# No registration is required to earn points.
    # Points will accumulate for a period of 18 months. Points that are older than 18 months and that have not been exchanged for rewards will be forfeited.
    # Points will be retained when changing from one prepaid price plan to another eg from Vodago to 4U; however, all accumulated points will be forfeited when converting to a contract tariff package eg Talk 100 or Family Top Up.

For what can I Exchange my Points?

* Points can be exchanged when the customer?s Talking Points balance reaches any one of the following levels;
    1. 150 points
    2. 250 points
    3. 500 points
    4. 1000 points
    5. 1500 points
    6. 2000 points

heres what you can get with the points:
    http://img333.imageshack.us/img333/8248/points3xg.jpg

Not too bad IMO but to get 150 points you have to spend R1500.. ouch..

this SCREAMS of "Recharge more, WE WANT your MONEY"

Sorry - NO.
    .::d()b::.

I would like a new phone for my points...at R110.00=11points... Have you any idea how long I'm going to wait if I want a phone?... I buy 2 x R110.00 cards a month? = 22 points a month...2000 points=New Phone....91 months=71/2 years...By then Cellphones will be long gone...If not this offer will be long forgotten...
    Last edited by disabled; 05-03-2006 at 12:29 PM.

What a crock. They do these deals to encourage people to make calls - why not just lower the price - people will automatically make more calls?! Because - no - they would rather give the transparent 'discounts' and 'free stuff' - while increasing their profits. Do they really think we are this dumb - and this desperate for some freebie from Vodacom.

Quote Originally Posted by kilo39
    Do they really think we are this dumb - and this desperate for some freebie from Vodacom.

to put in a nutshell, yes.

and here's something ****ed up -- i had a lease and R100k in the bank, and they STILL wouldn't let me get a contract because i'm a student.

however telkom let me be contract and banks have thrown credit card offers at me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast