Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast

Thread: Data rollover schemes land broadband providers in trouble

Default Data rollover schemes land broadband providers in trouble

Data rollover schemes land broadband providers in trouble

National Consumer Commissioner is nailing broadband providers for not rolling over unused prepaid internet data.

Blog Entries

Excellent! The length of Data Roll over before they terminate is way too short. It should be more like a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Garyvdh View Post
    Excellent! The length of Data Roll over before they terminate is way too short. It should be more like a year.
    +1

A year is acceptable.

As it stands now, it's pretty stupid
    ██████████
    ██████████
    ██████████
    [Dropbox] | [MyGaming] | [Raptr]

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    +1

A year is acceptable.

As it stands now, it's pretty stupid
    As it stands now it doesnt rollover (cellc), mtn I think is 1month, vodacom I think is none. Pretty lame.
    And dont forget the ISP's too!
    Reliable ISP wanted
    Have money
    Will pay

Doesn't Vodacom data bundles still expire at the end of the month? Why isn't that covered by the CPA?

Quote Originally Posted by Garyvdh View Post
    It may well be excellent but it will also likely be expensive.

How do you think Afrihost and others manage to sell discounted bandwidth on a regular basis?

If all broadband service providers are forced to roll over all unused data for a minimum of three years it may result in significant price increases in data bundles.
    There is always a catch isn't there

Interesting, one thing that is always constant is the customer will get shafted either way.

There is an "easy" solution...

They just need to provide data bundles that roll over for 3 years... and data bundles that expire after 30 days or whatever.

Then consumers have a choice.

What does the new consumer act have to say about this roll over culture? From a consumer perspective, we need that 3 year time frame. But business wise? We wouldn't have awesome deals like the latests 8ta &cell c packages

The poster previously known as Qwikslver Chevron's Avatar

The reason I have uncapped is because my usage isn't predictable. I pay for the piece of mind. Not to download the internet. If I could purchase a 150gig or 200gig account with rollover I wouldn't need uncapped.

Quote Originally Posted by B.O.F.H. View Post
    There is an "easy" solution...

They just need to provide data bundles that roll over for 3 years... and data bundles that expire after 30 days or whatever.

Then consumers have a choice.
    I think Vodacom and CellC already have a 3GB bundle for R400 that expires after a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Quasimodo View Post
    How do you think Afrihost and others manage to sell discounted bandwidth on a regular basis?
    Simple. With your money. I.e. The data you had already paid for, and they just reselling it.

This was actually something that I always wondered about, when DSL started. I.e. You pay for 3Gigs, use 2Gigs. What happens to the 1Gig. It really was a 'loose loose' situation for the customers.
    Last edited by Flojo; 06-12-2011 at 01:06 PM.

Oh ya, forget data bundles, my cellc 'inclusive minutes' only roles over 1month. That sucks, but atleast its 1month.
    Reliable ISP wanted
    Have money
    Will pay

Smile

Brilliant news NCC! Nail these cellphone operators for their thieving

Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast