Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 3 Error: "No Packet Flow"

Blog Entries

Question Battlefield 3 Error: "No Packet Flow"

Hi all,

I've been getting this error alot ever since the big November patch.

Game Disconnected: you were kicked by punkbuster. Stated reason: Punkbuster kicked player '<name>' (for 0 minutes) ... No Packet Flow
    I've tried numerous fixes and I'm struggling with this.
    What is weird is that some games I can, most I can't which is the weird part.

Last night I tried to play games, game after game I got kicked and booted.
    Then one game I got on and played nicely.

I tried to play again later and the error started again.
    I do traffic splitting obviously and I'm very sure this error is "routing" related but I can't understand how I can play some games and others (most) I can't.
    For example, last night I tried to play co-op and used the 'public matchmaking' option and ended up playing 2 games with no problems.

So my thought was "it is routing" but now it's not... you guys able to help?

Quote Originally Posted by gdiza View Post
    Hi all,

I've been getting this error alot ever since the big November patch.

I've tried numerous fixes and I'm struggling with this.
    What is weird is that some games I can, most I can't which is the weird part.

Last night I tried to play games, game after game I got kicked and booted.
    Then one game I got on and played nicely.

I tried to play again later and the error started again.
    I do traffic splitting obviously and I'm very sure this error is "routing" related but I can't understand how I can play some games and others (most) I can't.
    For example, last night I tried to play co-op and used the 'public matchmaking' option and ended up playing 2 games with no problems.

So my thought was "it is routing" but now it's not... you guys able to help?
    Have you tried updating Punkbuster from evenbalance?
    I have never had any issues with PB on BF3. In the older days of America's Army... I had endless problems.
    I have signed up with Bitco and it's by far the best internet I have ever had. Get a quote

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull View Post
    Have you tried updating Punkbuster from evenbalance?
    I have never had any issues with PB on BF3. In the older days of America's Army... I had endless problems.
    Yeap, did this, this is considered 'one' of the many fixes.

Uninstalled the service, reinstalled, updated then ran the game and it worked so I thought it had fixed the issue.
    Then say 2 hours later, I tried to play again, same problem.

No idea then.

I had endless problems back in the AA days. Now I don't even have one problem. Which is great. But it just means I'm out of fixing problems so can't really help with informed feedback
    I have signed up with Bitco and it's by far the best internet I have ever had. Get a quote

Did you manually update PB ?

Have u tried donloading the punkbuster service app? I think its called that...somewhere on their website there's a 'special' punkbuster application. Sorted out my problems that I had with bad company 2.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

I feel your pain gdiza. I have the same problem. Tried all the possible fixes, some works for a while, just long enough for you to be happy, then kick again. EA was no help when I reported this.

I was hoping the patch would fix this.

Does it work without the splitting?
    Man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything.

what ISPs you running gdi?

can you remember on what servers the games were that ran fine?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Off-The-Chart View Post
    what ISPs you running gdi?

can you remember on what servers the games were that ran fine?
    I'm running a MWEB uncapped 1MB account with a Telkom account.

What is supposed to happen is all INTERNATIONAL traffic go via the MWEB account.
    All LOCAL traffic goes via the Telkom account.

I never really looked at the servers, I normally join servers from my "history" not "favourites"
    But I will check this in future.
    Last edited by gdiza; 07-12-2011 at 03:29 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by abdul89 View Post
    Have u tried donloading the punkbuster service app? I think its called that...somewhere on their website there's a 'special' punkbuster application. Sorted out my problems that I had with bad company 2.
    Could you look into this and let me know what that 'special' program is called... I'd really appreciate it because I really haven't bothered to fix this problem as it's been on and off and now everyone is enjoying the game and inviting me to play more and I can't play because I keep getting booted because of this bloody error and the EA / BF3 forums really are NOT helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by RaFi View Post
    I feel your pain gdiza. I have the same problem. Tried all the possible fixes, some works for a while, just long enough for you to be happy, then kick again. EA was no help when I reported this.

I was hoping the patch would fix this.
    So was I!!!

Can you give me (us) a rundown on your 'setup' so I can see if it's similar to mine... or not.

Quote Originally Posted by HavocXphere View Post
    Does it work without the splitting?
    I haven't tried without it, I can't, my setup is such that I am unable to do it 'without' the splitting.
    Last edited by gdiza; 07-12-2011 at 03:26 PM.

gdi, try running only from 1 account.

EGGMAN from BOC also ran like this, but he always had to switch merely to 1 account alone.

switch the splitting off when you want to play and work only from your Mweb.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Off-The-Chart View Post
    gdi, try running only from 1 account.
    This will not be possible, not for me as I go via a Linux box (this does all my routing)

Can you give me (us) a rundown on your 'setup' so I can see if it's similar to mine... or not.
    I am using a private wireless internet provider, since Telkom refuse to install fixed lines. I am not very clued up on the other info about the networks though. There is another guy playing on the same network, he doesn't get the punkbuster kick, but gets disconnected from EA often.

I have a sneaky suspicion that there is a communication problem with the EA/DICE software, because none of my other games give problems, even those using punkbuster. Its probably unrealistic to expect a company like EA to release a bug free game, I mean they couldn't even get Origin right...

Esea, I have tried that link before, I have tried everything, install, reinstall, update, manually update, copy other peoples files, reinstall the entire game. The only thing I have not done is format the PC.

I e-mailed EA about this about a week ago, this was the response :

Hello *****,

Thankyou for contacting us at Electronic Arts(EA).

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.I appreciate your time and patience.

We are feeling really very sorry that after following all the steps your issue has not been completely resolved.

I am requesting you to please follow these steps in order to resolve your issue and if the problem persist again please write us again it is my pleasure to assist you anytime whenever you

you need assistance regarding any issue.
    *SIC*

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast