Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter



Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 61 to 75 of 75

Thread: Diablo 3 Beta Invite, have you got yours?

  1. #61

    Default

    Damn been signed up to get a key since the first day you could, how many years ago?

    Anyone got a key for me?

  2. #62

    Default

    yikes!!!

    don't let your wizard get up close and personal with some of the monsters or he/she just might bite the big one.

    monsters seem much stronger now, but I think it's cause I haven't played Wizard before latest patch so they could be the same (and obviously Wizard ain't no CQB character).

    also saw a tip saying Monk and Barb takes 30% less damage than any of the other 3 classes. (forgot if it was only melee, or any)

  3. #63
    Super Grandmaster AfricanTech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In front of a computer...
    Posts
    18,295

    Default

    I see that Musica has 'pre-order' banners up!

  4. #64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Off-The-Chart View Post
    yikes!!!

    don't let your wizard get up close and personal with some of the monsters or he/she just might bite the big one.

    monsters seem much stronger now, but I think it's cause I haven't played Wizard before latest patch so they could be the same (and obviously Wizard ain't no CQB character).

    also saw a tip saying Monk and Barb takes 30% less damage than any of the other 3 classes. (forgot if it was only melee, or any)
    Yeah reading over the patch notes is 30% less damage vs all. Honestly I'm happy to see changes like that as, through your progression melee becomes increasingly more risky and open to quick death.
    There is also apparently a major twist that occurs straight after the Skeleton King fight, which is why the demo ends right there.... so really looking forward to seeing what/who happens

    Bar the issue I seem to have with latency sitting fairly high, I must say, there is still a large feel of 'Diablo' present. Yes you don't get as involved with levelling up, but after a lot of thought, how much variation was there really? Once people knew how to spend their points, you may as well have had an auto levelling system.

    I found I was quickly back to my old ways in D2... I would systematically run through each area making sure there where no edges were left unexplored and every monster was accounted for by my Rage In my personal opinion, seeing what some of the high tier gear has kindof jaded the lower tier stuff. Honestly it's possibly just the seeing the same items drop (due to limited progression in the Beta I'm guessing) that takes the edge of picking up the loot on a second playthrough.... but that's just me. I want shiny new things to satisfy the l00t wh0re in me

    Powers feel very rewarding and the graphical update from D2 to 3 is appreciated. I do have some issues with the Barbs skills where you see weapons you aren't wielding in the animation, but the effects and feel are great. It's even better if you start the game with a character on lvl 7+.

    While the dungeons may not be as pitch black as D2, they are far more real. You can see multi-levels with a haze lurking down below. I haven't just sat and waited outside, but I'm not sure whether there are day/night cycles, as all the gameplay in outside areas would appear to be at night.

    Boss/Elite battles are interesting, with the former being the more fun. It's great finding that Elite group and knowing they'll be tougher than your avg foe, but boss battles at least give you a chance to avoid special abilities rather than just clicking until you wear your mouse out.

    Basically what I'm saying is that (latency permitting) I will enjoy this game as much as I did D2. As far as long term replayability goes, I still have one or 2 question marks but I think that can only be answered once the scenario becomes a reality.

    /end wall o text
    i5 4570| CM Hyper 212X | AZrock Pro 4 | 8gb G.Skill 1600 | Powecolor R9280X | Seasonic MII 650 | CM Storm 690 III

  5. #65

    Default

    glad could have been of help

    well my main concern is this: the whole piracy thing aside, why go to the always-on internet route for single player? is there greater generation of item variety this way?

    my personal choice would have been, include always-on internet, but not for the actual single player. my bro is now totally screwed cause he sits with only 3G and although playing at the right times could mean little to no lag, it totally limits your playing to just those times which defeats the purpose.

    one of the guys that used my account was in a co-op battle and as him and bud was fighting a mob, he suddenly got a msg from bud asking "why are you attacking that tree?"... few seconds later the game was fine again and he realized he was actually battling it out with a tree while the mod was long dead already.

    that is something that will definitely become on my nerves if I wanted to just sit back and enjoy some hack and slashing.

    I was hoping they were bringing out EU beta servers and even asked if, and when, that happens, would it be able to "convert" US players to EU so that we could test on the EU servers, but then found out there will be no EU servers

  6. #66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Off-The-Chart View Post
    glad could have been of help

    well my main concern is this: the whole piracy thing aside, why go to the always-on internet route for single player? is there greater generation of item variety this way?

    my personal choice would have been, include always-on internet, but not for the actual single player. my bro is now totally screwed cause he sits with only 3G and although playing at the right times could mean little to no lag, it totally limits your playing to just those times which defeats the purpose.

    one of the guys that used my account was in a co-op battle and as him and bud was fighting a mob, he suddenly got a msg from bud asking "why are you attacking that tree?"... few seconds later the game was fine again and he realized he was actually battling it out with a tree while the mod was long dead already.

    that is something that will definitely become on my nerves if I wanted to just sit back and enjoy some hack and slashing.

    I was hoping they were bringing out EU beta servers and even asked if, and when, that happens, would it be able to "convert" US players to EU so that we could test on the EU servers, but then found out there will be no EU servers
    Wasn't sure how public I could be bout your help, but yes, without you I would literally not be in any position to comment, so big thanks there bud!!

    I agree with your concern. I don't know why the game is "hosted" instead of run on your pc with the check happening with minimal usage in the background.... If MWEB are able to fix me up, then cool, otherwise I'm vesting a LOT into the fact that the Euro servers will be my saving grace. I guess we could also say that Blizzard are doing their stress tests while in Beta, so again, hopefully once this goes live, connection issues won't be as bad.
    i5 4570| CM Hyper 212X | AZrock Pro 4 | 8gb G.Skill 1600 | Powecolor R9280X | Seasonic MII 650 | CM Storm 690 III

  7. #67

    Default

    If anyone had a spare key could i please have it?

  8. #68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Off-The-Chart View Post
    glad could have been of help

    well my main concern is this: the whole piracy thing aside, why go to the always-on internet route for single player? is there greater generation of item variety this way?

    my personal choice would have been, include always-on internet, but not for the actual single player. my bro is now totally screwed cause he sits with only 3G and although playing at the right times could mean little to no lag, it totally limits your playing to just those times which defeats the purpose.

    one of the guys that used my account was in a co-op battle and as him and bud was fighting a mob, he suddenly got a msg from bud asking "why are you attacking that tree?"... few seconds later the game was fine again and he realized he was actually battling it out with a tree while the mod was long dead already.

    that is something that will definitely become on my nerves if I wanted to just sit back and enjoy some hack and slashing.

    I was hoping they were bringing out EU beta servers and even asked if, and when, that happens, would it be able to "convert" US players to EU so that we could test on the EU servers, but then found out there will be no EU servers
    There will be no EU beta servers. For the full game there will be

  9. #69
    Super Grandmaster techead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    by the mountain
    Posts
    9,489
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    guys.. will this PC run D3?

    800GTX Xtreme
    4GB mem
    Quad core 6600
    sigh

  10. #70
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Pretoria
    Posts
    202

    Default

    I recently got my Beta key, and after a few times with offline servers it got me wondering, if they are doing any server maintenance, does that mean I can't even play any single player diablo. I know this was never really that big an issue with a game like starcraft that also required always on internet, but with the amount of traffic and the way Diablo 3 is structured(feels more like single player WOW) I can imagine that any patches that are released for the client will need to be applied to the servers as well.

  11. #71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frobbertze View Post
    I recently got my Beta key, and after a few times with offline servers it got me wondering, if they are doing any server maintenance, does that mean I can't even play any single player diablo. I know this was never really that big an issue with a game like starcraft that also required always on internet, but with the amount of traffic and the way Diablo 3 is structured(feels more like single player WOW) I can imagine that any patches that are released for the client will need to be applied to the servers as well.
    Blizzard mentioned that the D3 downtime on servers will be around the same amount of time as SC2, or even less. They mentioned it maybe being once every 2 months just to restart the servers and get them back in shape.
    Last edited by WraithFiend; 10-10-2012 at 09:11 AM.
    [SSG]WraithFiend

  12. #72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nakedhousee View Post
    nope, nt me. but in all fairness, i never get blizzard beta invites. despite playing for 6 years and buying all their games. but anyway! :P
    Same here. One day hopefully, we'll log into our battlenet accounts and see that glorious beta invite.

  13. #73

    Default

    logged in this morning only to be horrified by a damn character wipe accompanying the latest patch

    NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  14. #74
    Super Grandmaster Arzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Back home...
    Posts
    14,865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Off-The-Chart View Post
    logged in this morning only to be horrified by a damn character wipe accompanying the latest patch

    NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    An unfortunate part of the beta
    Will make it through 2014 without voting NL.

  15. #75

    Default

    Did the server come back online yesterday at 22:00? The timezones are confusing to me. lol

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •