Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: NSN Liquid Net network of the future

Default NSN Liquid Net network of the future

Liquid Net network of the future

When Nokia Siemens Networks (NSN) introduced its Liquid Net at a recent media roundtable, it was like a breath of fresh air

I think we all have to take a bit of quiet time at some point and think about just how much data we want in our lives.

Sounds like this will make things better on the network side of things, but we the end users will probably still have the same crappy reception and dropped calls as always.

Forget about all that, everyone right now, read this http://www.rearden.com/DIDO/DIDO_White_Paper_110727.pdf

and **** your pants.

Quote Originally Posted by The Trutherizer View Post
    I think we all have to take a bit of quiet time at some point and think about just how much data we want in our lives.
    I will take everything I can afford!!!!!!

But in all honesty. At the moment I cannot do with less than around 30GB per month.

Quote Originally Posted by Knersus View Post
    Sounds like this will make things better on the network side of things, but we the end users will probably still have the same crappy reception and dropped calls as always.
    not sure how applicable this is in africa. The only "new" feature this brings is resource sharing, and while this is a good idea, it generally requires backhaul resources, which african operators lack.
    Volunteer Wildfire Services - Committed to Extinguishing Wildfires

That DIDO tech looks pretty awesome, but what they are doing is calculating the interference at a particular position, so this might only work for fixed wireless applications as when you move the interference changes so this will need to be calculated on the fly.
    Volunteer Wildfire Services - Committed to Extinguishing Wildfires

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VioAdmin View Post
    Forget about all that, everyone right now, read this http://www.rearden.com/DIDO/DIDO_White_Paper_110727.pdf

and **** your pants.
    Sounds promising :"The potential of DIDO is to have unlimited number of simultaneous users, all streaming high-definition video, utilizing the same spectrum that a single user would use with conventional wireless technology, with no degradation in performance, no dead zones, no interference between users, and no reduction in data rate as more users are added."