So, I will be doing the Otter in April. And I need some advice with equipment and in general.
What's the bare minimum? Re-usability is a priority.
1. Backpack. I plan to buy a 65 L K-Way Advance, on special. The Deuters are very nice but too pricey.
2. Shoes. I have both Kilimnajaro Hiking boots, and Solomons Trail Running shoes. Which is preferred. Also do I need aqua shoes, or is this a nice to have?
3. Sleeping bag. Whats an affordable versatile sleeping bag for SA conditions.
4. Food suggestions....
5. Dry sack Is it neccessary?
6. Anything else you found indespensible.