Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: MWEB/Telkom - Unable to send e-mail

Blog Entries

Question MWEB/Telkom - Unable to send e-mail

Hi guys,

I'm setting up a user's e-mails to download to a laptop, the e-mails download but are unable to send e-mails.
    I've tried every setting I could find but it will not send still.

This is on a MWEB account as well as a Telkom account.

The problem is, I'm having the same issue with a Telkom account on the same PC.

In the same house, another user has setup her e-mail on Gmail and it works (sending and receiving)

On the router which is a ZyXEL P-2602HWL-D1A there is a Telkom account setup.

Any suggestions?

you got the right smtp ??
    some times the out going is not the same as the incoming pop3
    Last edited by FNfal; 06-01-2012 at 12:33 PM.
    If it walks like a duck and kwaks like a duck ..its a duck

Blog Entries

For the Telkom account I'm using: smtp.dsl.telkomsa.net
    For the MWEB account I'm using: smtp.mweb.co.za

Quote Originally Posted by gdiza View Post
    For the Telkom account I'm using: smtp.dsl.telkomsa.net
    For the MWEB account I'm using: smtp.mweb.co.za
    what ever provider you are using is your outgoing smtp ( if you are on Mweb sending a telkom or Mweb the outgoing will be Mweb )
    so if you are using Mweb as your internet connection that is the smtp to use
    If it walks like a duck and kwaks like a duck ..its a duck

Blog Entries

Doesnt matter what SMTP I use, doesn't work which is why I posted asking for help/suggestions.

Blog Entries

Question

This is the error I keep getting:

Task 'E-mail - Sending' reported error (0x0042109) : 'Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'
    This is just playing with the "Telkom" account which should work with no special settings.

The account is a "@dsl.2gbsh.telkomsa.net" account.

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Are you trying to connect to the Mweb SMTP server from a Telkom ADSL account, because that won't work.

If you want to send E-mails from your Mweb E-mail account, you'll need to use an Mweb ADSL account/connection to connect to the Mweb SMTP server.
    The same goes for the Telkom E-mail account, where you have to use a Telkom ADSL account/connection to connect to the Telkom SMTP server.

This is one of the reasons why you should rather stick with an E-mail address/account that is not linked to an ISP account.

Quote Originally Posted by gdiza View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm setting up a user's e-mails to download to a laptop, the e-mails download but are unable to send e-mails.
    I've tried every setting I could find but it will not send still.

This is on a MWEB account as well as a Telkom account.

The problem is, I'm having the same issue with a Telkom account on the same PC.

In the same house, another user has setup her e-mail on Gmail and it works (sending and receiving)

On the router which is a ZyXEL P-2602HWL-D1A there is a Telkom account setup.

Any suggestions?

Hi gdiza,

If you are using Telkom as your ISP (router is configured with their username & password ) then you should be using them as your outgoing SMTP settings.

When using the MWEB email address over the connection the incoming will be pop3.mweb.co.za

Regards,

MWEB Guy