Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast

Thread: 60GB + 60GB promo

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Speedster View Post
    How can you release a product without having the details available?
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by rph72 View Post
    Hurry up Jan
    Unfortunately I can only email and pray. Anyway, here's an article so long: http://mybroadband.co.za/news/broadb...promotion.html

8ta refused to comment before they can issue a press release.

Blog Entries

I LOL'd IRL!!!

Grandmaster

Maybe by buying the promo, you are accepting that your soul, your family and all your money will become the property of Telkom for all eternity or something like that. And they're hoping some people will buy it before the details are released.

One of us can always buy it and see what happens when we do... who's rich?
    "Always tell the truth. That way, you don't have to remember what you said." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by rodga View Post
    +1
    +2
    "Why is there something rather than nothing?"
    Gottfried Leibniz

Quote Originally Posted by rodga View Post
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Park@82 View Post
    +2
    Not putting words in 8ta's mouth... I suspect the packages were mistakenly rolled out onto the USSD menus before they could prepare and send out the press releases.

I see the details are available now. Looky here.
    In South Africa even the information superhighway has potholes in it.

I see the details are available now. Looky here.
    Sorry, yeah. Still wanted to link that and then got distracted. Stupid work (hope RPM isn't reading this).

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    Sorry, yeah. Still wanted to link that and then got distracted. Stupid work (hope RPM isn't reading this).
    This calls for an infraction.

It is 8-ta LOL !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    RBP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol' Mean Bastid View Post
    Low blow MickeyD, very low blow

This is truly earth shattering. 8ta have outdone themselves this time. Really cant see Vodacom and MTN anmd Cell C matching this. This is a price squeeze. This is what competition is all about

Did anyone cough up R1800 to make use of this deal. If you did - I would like to know a few things. 1) Are you throttled making use torrents,etc. 2) How fast is this product(perhaps its on dialup). 3rdly) I want some clarity below "TC" don't like the word Migrated. Does that mean if I convert my R1800 for 120gig and don't utilise all I loose out.

"upon which users will be migrated to the normal Pre-paid PSB*rate pla"

This Bundle will be sold for a limited period only. Sufficient notice will be provided prior to*the expiry of the promotion, upon which users will be migrated to the normal Pre-paid PSB*rate plan."

Quote Originally Posted by RichardG View Post
    Did anyone cough up R1800 to make use of this deal. If you did - I would like to know a few things. 1) Are you throttled making use torrents,etc. 2) How fast is this product(perhaps its on dialup). 3rdly) I want some clarity below "TC" don't like the word Migrated. Does that mean if I convert my R1800 for 120gig and don't utilise all I loose out.

"upon which users will be migrated to the normal Pre-paid PSB*rate pla"

This Bundle will be sold for a limited period only. Sufficient notice will be provided prior to*the expiry of the promotion, upon which users will be migrated to the normal Pre-paid PSB*rate plan."
    I've got it.
    1. AFAIK there is no throttling (this isn't uncapped)
    2. It's the same speed as you'll get with the 2+1 deal (which is pretty fast, area dependant)
    3. My understanding, which I'm pretty certain of, is that the "migration" means that you will be migrated to the rate plan that all the 2+1 subscribers are on. The rate plan (according to an 8ta guy I spoke to) is just a term used to determine which stuff you're eligible for.
    So, for example, the guys who's SIMs can roam on MTN are on rate plans which don't allow the 2+1 or 60+60 bundles, but those of us who can get those bundles are on different rate plans. (Hope that made sense).
    Long story short, once the promo ends, all that will change is that you won't be able to buy and more 60+60 bundles, anything you've bought will still be yours to use.

It's quite a nice thing to look at my usage online at see "58 Gb remaining"
    Never pat a burning dog

I found out about this offer at the 8ta store in Canal Walk - Western Cape yesterday.

1. This promo is a limited offer, which should end (according to their in-store staff) at end June 2012.
    2. This promo offer costs R1800 up-front. It is only available as a pre-paid option, and not available to contract customers.
    3. 60 + 60 means 60Gb available in the day (5:01am - 11.59pm) and 60 Gb available at night (00:01am - 4:59am).
    4. This offer is a pre-paid offer. You load airtime to your SIM and convert to the bundle in the bundle purchase menu.
    5. You require an in-store issues and activated promo data SIM. (Only at 8ta stores) If you already have a 2+1 date SIM, you can buy this promo at a later stage, without re-activation.
    6. The 120Gb lasts for 365 days from day of activation. (1 year).
    7. If your bundle runs out before the 365 days is over, you can simply purchase another one and continue for another 365 days while the offer is still on, or buy another data offer.
    8. There is no modem bundled into this offer. (SIM ONLY). You may purchase one from 8ta if you do not own one already. If you have an existing Huawei data device from another network, you can simply install the 8ta dashboard software on your computer (pc or mac) and, if required download a patch to unlock your existing modem to be able to connect to 8ta. A simple, painless procedure. Only Huawei is supported.

I hope this summary assists those who have not been able to obtain the relevant information.
    Last edited by kingdong; 16-01-2012 at 01:24 PM.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast