8ta refused to comment before they can issue a press release.
One of us can always buy it and see what happens when we do... who's rich?
"Always tell the truth. That way, you don't have to remember what you said." - Mark Twain
In South Africa even the information superhighway has potholes in it.
This is truly earth shattering. 8ta have outdone themselves this time. Really cant see Vodacom and MTN anmd Cell C matching this. This is a price squeeze. This is what competition is all about
Did anyone cough up R1800 to make use of this deal. If you did - I would like to know a few things. 1) Are you throttled making use torrents,etc. 2) How fast is this product(perhaps its on dialup). 3rdly) I want some clarity below "TC" don't like the word Migrated. Does that mean if I convert my R1800 for 120gig and don't utilise all I loose out.
"upon which users will be migrated to the normal Pre-paid PSB*rate pla"
This Bundle will be sold for a limited period only. Sufficient notice will be provided prior to*the expiry of the promotion, upon which users will be migrated to the normal Pre-paid PSB*rate plan."
1. AFAIK there is no throttling (this isn't uncapped)
2. It's the same speed as you'll get with the 2+1 deal (which is pretty fast, area dependant)
3. My understanding, which I'm pretty certain of, is that the "migration" means that you will be migrated to the rate plan that all the 2+1 subscribers are on. The rate plan (according to an 8ta guy I spoke to) is just a term used to determine which stuff you're eligible for.
So, for example, the guys who's SIMs can roam on MTN are on rate plans which don't allow the 2+1 or 60+60 bundles, but those of us who can get those bundles are on different rate plans. (Hope that made sense).
Long story short, once the promo ends, all that will change is that you won't be able to buy and more 60+60 bundles, anything you've bought will still be yours to use.
It's quite a nice thing to look at my usage online at see "58 Gb remaining"
Never pat a burning dog
I found out about this offer at the 8ta store in Canal Walk - Western Cape yesterday.
1. This promo is a limited offer, which should end (according to their in-store staff) at end June 2012.
2. This promo offer costs R1800 up-front. It is only available as a pre-paid option, and not available to contract customers.
3. 60 + 60 means 60Gb available in the day (5:01am - 11.59pm) and 60 Gb available at night (00:01am - 4:59am).
4. This offer is a pre-paid offer. You load airtime to your SIM and convert to the bundle in the bundle purchase menu.
5. You require an in-store issues and activated promo data SIM. (Only at 8ta stores) If you already have a 2+1 date SIM, you can buy this promo at a later stage, without re-activation.
6. The 120Gb lasts for 365 days from day of activation. (1 year).
7. If your bundle runs out before the 365 days is over, you can simply purchase another one and continue for another 365 days while the offer is still on, or buy another data offer.
8. There is no modem bundled into this offer. (SIM ONLY). You may purchase one from 8ta if you do not own one already. If you have an existing Huawei data device from another network, you can simply install the 8ta dashboard software on your computer (pc or mac) and, if required download a patch to unlock your existing modem to be able to connect to 8ta. A simple, painless procedure. Only Huawei is supported.
I hope this summary assists those who have not been able to obtain the relevant information.
Last edited by kingdong; 16-01-2012 at 01:24 PM.