Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter



Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 137

Thread: 60GB + 60GB promo

  1. #31

    Default

    Is it available anywhere? Has anyone tried it?

    I heard about this last friday and went to 8TA at Pavillion (Westville) on Sunday, and they said the offer would only start on Monday (16th). I called the 8TA help line on Monday and they confirmed that it was now available at all the branches, so I went back to Pavillion, but they said that they had a technical problems and could not sell them and I should call them on Wednesday.

    I have a Cell C black stick (21Mbps) as well as a MyZone router that I used with Cell C. Can anyone confirm that they will work with the 8TA SIM?

  2. #32

    Default

    Yip, the same way as with Cell C.

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveSemm View Post
    Is it available anywhere? Has anyone tried it?

    I heard about this last friday and went to 8TA at Pavillion (Westville) on Sunday, and they said the offer would only start on Monday (16th). I called the 8TA help line on Monday and they confirmed that it was now available at all the branches, so I went back to Pavillion, but they said that they had a technical problems and could not sell them and I should call them on Wednesday.

    I have a Cell C black stick (21Mbps) as well as a MyZone router that I used with Cell C. Can anyone confirm that they will work with the 8TA SIM?
    simply buy a prepaid sim-card, provision it for non-roaming, load up the necessary airtime and buy the bundle via USSD. It'll work perfect on your existing black stick, as you call it.
    In South Africa even the information superhighway has potholes in it.

  4. #34

    Default

    I am getting myself this deal... Have to check coverage in Lyttelton first! It is an awesome deal.... Isn't it

  5. #35
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    missing the mountain in bull city
    Posts
    5,662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zululami View Post
    I am getting myself this deal... Have to check coverage in Lyttelton first! It is an awesome deal.... Isn't it
    should be fine most places in centurion
    been getting connection problem the last few days tho
    between 6-8pm

  6. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rodga View Post
    should be fine most places in centurion
    been getting connection problem the last few days tho
    between 6-8pm
    Thanks man. How do I go about checking if I am covered (network) and the speed implications without actually purchasing the deal?

  7. #37
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    missing the mountain in bull city
    Posts
    5,662

    Default

    get one of the prepaid deals first

  8. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zululami View Post
    Thanks man. How do I go about checking if I am covered (network) and the speed implications without actually purchasing the deal?
    Hi
    You can go for the smaller prepaid option – 2GIG + 1GIG Promo (http://www.8ta.com/plans/2gbpromo/).
    OR
    You can email us your prepaid 8ta number and request it to be opened to the 8ta network (social@8ta.com).
    Thank you
    8ta

  9. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rodga View Post
    should be fine most places in centurion
    been getting connection problem the last few days tho
    between 6-8pm
    Hi rodga
    We would like to help
    Please email your 8ta number, contact details and physical address to social@8ta.com.
    Please mention MyBroadband and your username in the subject line.
    Thank you
    8ta

  10. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 8ta View Post
    Hi
    You can go for the smaller prepaid option – 2GIG + 1GIG Promo (http://www.8ta.com/plans/2gbpromo/).
    OR
    You can email us your prepaid 8ta number and request it to be opened to the 8ta network (social@8ta.com).
    Thank you
    8ta
    Thank you...

  11. #41
    Super Grandmaster Park@82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pretoria
    Posts
    8,539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 8ta View Post
    ...smaller prepaid option 2GIG + 1GIG Promo (http://www.8ta.com/plans/2gbpromo/).
    ...
    If one buys this now, when will the data expire?
    "Why is there something rather than nothing?"
    Gottfried Leibniz

  12. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Park@82 View Post
    If one buys this now, when will the data expire?
    31/3

    Heres a copy/paste of 1 i bought on the 15/2
    You have used 0 MB of data and have 2048 MB available. 2048 MB will expire on 31/03/2012.
    Time: 15/02/2012 21:23:37
    Last edited by Tun@; 21-02-2012 at 10:36 PM.
    "The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be certain they are real"-Abraham Lincoln

  13. #43
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    missing the mountain in bull city
    Posts
    5,662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 8ta View Post
    Hi rodga
    We would like to help
    Please email your 8ta number, contact details and physical address to social@8ta.com.
    Please mention MyBroadband and your username in the subject line.
    Thank you
    8ta
    thanks
    ill give it a couple of days and see how it goes before i send anything

  14. #44
    Super Grandmaster Park@82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pretoria
    Posts
    8,539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tun@ View Post
    31/3

    Heres a copy/paste of 1 i bought on the 15/2
    thanks, so it would be better to wait a couple days...
    "Why is there something rather than nothing?"
    Gottfried Leibniz

  15. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 8ta View Post
    Hi
    You can go for the smaller prepaid option – 2GIG + 1GIG Promo (http://www.8ta.com/plans/2gbpromo/).
    OR
    You can email us your prepaid 8ta number and request it to be opened to the 8ta network (social@8ta.com).
    Thank you
    8ta
    Okay I went for the first option and purchased the stick, sim card and bundle at Irene Village Mall... They set everything up for me... Just did a speed test and I am getting just over 4 Mbps download speed... It's quite fast... I am using the 7.2 Mbps stick... I'm hooked...
    Don't worry. Be happy.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •