Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Help needed. Hosting website with Mweb want to install Wordpress

Default Help needed. Hosting website with Mweb want to install Wordpress

I have recently acquired a website from Mweb and I am making use of their 20p/m hosting service. However I want to make use of Wordpress to build my website as I find the Mweb website maker just to basic for the look I want to achieve but I am struggling to set it up as I am afraid I am a bit technically challenged. I have tried but at this stage I would like to get things up and running. Wondering if anyone else has done this route and will be willing to walk me through it. At this stage I am willing to pay someone to do this for me

Super Grandmaster

Have you asked their technical support to assist? It's pretty straight forward, the only thing they would have to do is setup the database for you.
    Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

Super Grandmaster

For that price does it even have SQL?
    #Occupy TK
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
    Sometimes, I just love your mind...
    T A N S T A A F L

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by czc View Post
    For that price does it even have SQL?
    Yep 1 MySQL db included, no nice cPanel or anything though.

I'm in a similar situation. Would like to develop the website 'offline' and then upload (?) it. Can't be too complicated imo and as per LizWatts, MWEB's do-it-yourself-our-way is um.. fairly lacking.

Super Grandmaster

Read through these instructions:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress

If all else fails read the instructions right!? I did read it before I posted but it seems more complicated when it comes to the control panel of Mweb! Struggling to load it on the Mweb Database programs. To much jargon used in wordpress install etc

Also starting a site for my self

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by LizWatts View Post
    If all else fails read the instructions right!? I did read it before I posted but it seems more complicated when it comes to the control panel of Mweb! Struggling to load it on the Mweb Database programs. To much jargon used in wordpress install etc
    Mail me your details and I'll have a look tonight for you. fudzee at gmail dot com

Webnow is running my sites that are WordPress. They even installed it for me! PM me and I will pass you on their details.

Webnow looks great. But for now the Mweb 20/pm DIY vs the Webnow 375 p/m is better suited to my pocket. Maybe later becuase it really does look like a great ISP with lots of tech support and added extras!

Quote Originally Posted by Fudzy View Post
    Read through these instructions:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress
    Thanks for this Fudzy.

Well if you want you can pay me R20 p/m and I'll give you hosting with a cpanel and help you sort your stuff out if you want.

Why don't you use GoDaddy Web Hosting? Very cheap, Very Affordable, easy to install apps (literally you pick what you want then its on your server up and running in a few minutes) easy upgrades of apps.

I have given up hope in SA web hosting.