Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: neotel worth it?

Default neotel worth it?

I'm considering getting neotel. Interest being in the neoconnect package with 5gigs for R249 Month to month. I'm in groenkloof Pretoria. Will my speeds be decent? And is neotel worth it? Judging by the amount of hate I've seen on the forum concerning them I'm kinda worried.

I would also like feedback on this, as my CellC-promo sim is on its way out and I'm looking for another HSPA+ type service to replace it.
    Thanks in advance to those with feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba1 View Post
    I'm considering getting neotel. Interest being in the neoconnect package with 5gigs for R249 Month to month. I'm in groenkloof Pretoria. Will my speeds be decent? And is neotel worth it? Judging by the amount of hate I've seen on the forum concerning them I'm kinda worried.
    For R50 more, get 15GB more from 8ta.

I'm using the Neotel NeoFlex broadband device. It's not a dongle, it's a full desktop wireless router, etc. I'm happy with the speeds and with how solid the connection is. I've had maybe three days of connectivity problems in two and a half years. That said, they are very expensive comparatively. I've been trying fruitlessly since October to get them to hear me about the cost of their data being so expensive but I get stonewalled and will eventually have to leave. I'd prefer not to since I have a unique set of devices for which I had a to mess around a lot to get everything set up just right. Don't want to have to go through that with an ADSL router now but in the end cost will probably win out.