Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Thread: Testing signal with an 'old' SIM card

Default Testing signal with an 'old' SIM card

Hi,

Last year I had the 5GB per month deal (black modem). I am thinking of getting it again this year (the 60GB SIM card for R4500 once-off). However, I have moved, and want to test the signal at the new location. To this aim, is it possible to load a small data bundle onto my current SIM card (even if it was used for the 5GB per month deal last year?) Can I simply load some airtime and convert it to a data bundle online?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by dawkirst View Post
    Hi,

Last year I had the 5GB per month deal (black modem). I am thinking of getting it again this year (the 60GB SIM card for R4500 once-off). However, I have moved, and want to test the signal at the new location. To this aim, is it possible to load a small data bundle onto my current SIM card (even if it was used for the 5GB per month deal last year?) Can I simply load some airtime and convert it to a data bundle online?

Thanks in advance.
    R4500 Rather get an 8ta sim and if it works get their 60+60GB special for R1800, use your Cell C modem.

And yes you can test the signal by using your old sim
    I now have a signature!

is it possible to load a small data bundle onto my current SIM card (even if it was used for the 5GB per month deal last year?) Can I simply load some airtime and convert it to a data bundle online?
    Of course. Data bundle yes - online. But there is still special voucher 3GB R399 valid for 1 year. This one is available only from retailer. To test signal strenght you don't need any recharge.

HI dawkirst

Yes you can load data on to that data sim.
    Test and let me know.
    I might be able to find a 5 gig lying around. (for old price)

Regards
    ~AM~

Quote Originally Posted by Cell_C View Post
    HI dawkirst

Yes you can load data on to that data sim.
    Test and let me know.
    I might be able to find a 5 gig lying around. (for old price)

Regards
    ~AM~
    I tested, and Cell C works much better than 8ta. It would be awesome if you found a 5GB for me at the old price Otherwise, how do I proceed now? Do I have to RICA a new 60GB SIM card, or can I use my current SIM card? Can I do this online, or must I go to a Cell C shop?

Thanks.

I tested, and Cell C works much better than 8ta. It would be awesome if you found a 5GB for me at the old price Otherwise, how do I proceed now? Do I have to RICA a new 60GB SIM card, or can I use my current SIM card? Can I do this online, or must I go to a Cell C shop?

Thanks.
    Hi dawkirst

That is great to hear.
    Just might be hard to find an old price 5GB data sim.
    You wont be able to load another promo on to that sim card, as the promo's build in to sim.
    You can use it as a pre-paid and recharge.

Let me know.
    Please PM me your details will see if can find any data sims.

Regards
    ~AM~