Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast

Thread: Absolutely pathetic Vodacom...

Grandmaster

Angry Absolutely pathetic Vodacom...

Apparently, on the 21st of October Vodacom received instruction from an unauthorised party to change my banking details on my cell phone contract. Subsequently, no one has informed me about this change, and my debit orders for November, as well as December failed to have gone off my bank account. Vodacom has now in turn deleted my phone number, deactivated my SIM card, and the contract is sitting currently at pre-legal.

I have been on the phone to your Subscribers Collection department (0821964) every single day for over an hour per day, and this matter is getting absolutely nowhere. Just a brief rundown of the events to far:
    1) I’ve been told that I have apparently contacted the call center (082111) on the 21st of October 2011 and requested Vodacom to change my banking details. As all calls are recorded, I have asked for a copy of the recording as prove that I have made such an request, and to date, none such recording has been provided to me. Vodacom’s call centers has subsequently indicated that they ‘cannot find’ the recording.
    2) After the mysterious call from point 1 above could not be found, Vodacom is now saying that a request has been received from some bank, to change the account number on my contract which Vodacom debits my monthly subscriptions from
    a. I have not authorised any bank to request this change on my behalf,
    b. My contract signed with Vodacom does not authorise 3rd parties to make changes on my behalf, and
    c. I believe that Vodacom is wrong in allowing 3rd parties to make changes to your customers accounts without their knowledge, permission, or confirmation of such changes
    3) I’ve been told numerous times that my ABSA banking account has apparently been closed.
    a. The bank account has not been closed, and bank statements for the months of October, November, as well as December has been faxed to your Subscribers Collection department.
    b. I have, and am still using the same ABSA bank account for over 15 years now. Vodacom has been successfully debiting my bank account for the last 5 odd years, without one single problem, missed payment, or late payment.
    4) For an entire month now I have been sent around in circles
    a. Call Center agents promise feedback, none is provided
    b. Not once, in all my dealings about this matter with Vodacom, has an reference number been provided to me.
    c. Call Center Supervisors are unavailable (it took me an entire week to manage to speak to one Supervisor)
    d. Call Center Supervisors promise feedback, and promise to call you back, and does not do so
    e. Call Center Supervisors say that they are busy and will call you back in 5 minutes, and then goes home for the day, without returning calls.
    f. Even Vodacom's Executive Client Liaison Officer Team (Ref: EC-Z9S1-4PV30) does not contact me, does not provide feedback, and can't be bothered to resolve the problem.

The matter in which this is being dealth with, especially considering the involvement and complaint logged at Vodacom's ECLO, is shocking. Is it really, really, THAT difficult to pick up a phone and call me? It is really, really, THAT difficult to re-activate my bloody cell phone?? Seriously?

Given the recent press release on how vodacom.co.za's unsecure and people can login and change other people's details through their web site... It makes you wonder, where, and how my banking details was changed. Doesn't take allot to put two and two together.

All I can say, is absolutely PATHETIC Vodacom. I would actually LOVE for this to be handed over to your Legal Department so that they can explain to me how their breach of contract is my fault...
    Regards,
    Chris.
    - NextGenNews, NNTP re-invented -
    South Africa's first commercial NNTP Service Provider

Freaking hell dude that is crazy. I hope you give them hell.

Have you tried the walk in customer care centre at Canal Walk?

Otherwise PM VodacomData, maybe he can help you out.
    62.15% of South Africans voted in favour of the Nkandla compound and e-tolls.

We choose the thieves and the liars who will govern
    As they don their disguises and prey on the prizes we bought them
    And we'll say that we didn't know
    We'll be know as the wicked, the lazy, the crazy, the people that choose to be blind

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by morkhans View Post
    Have you tried the walk in customer care centre at Canal Walk?

Otherwise PM VodacomData, maybe he can help you out.
    Yes. R400 odd reconnection fee, for which I am liable. I have to purchase a new SIM card, and do a sim swap because they cancelled the old sim, for which I am liable. I have to pay full months subscription for all the time my cell phone has been disconnected, even through the disconnection itself should never have happened, seeing that the change of banking details was not authorised nor requested by me...

I did not request, nor authorised them to make any changes. Why must I be liable for reconnection? Why must I pay for it, why must I waiste my precious time to resolve their cockup?
    Regards,
    Chris.

Because this is SA and they can do what they want, unless u are willing to take them to court

Quote Originally Posted by savage View Post
    Apparently, on the 21st of October Vodacom received instruction from an unauthorised party to change my banking details on my cell phone contract. Subsequently, no one has informed me about this change, and my debit orders for November, as well as December failed to have gone off my bank account. Vodacom has now in turn deleted my phone number, deactivated my SIM card, and the contract is sitting currently at pre-legal.

I have been on the phone to your Subscribers Collection department (0821964) every single day for over an hour per day, and this matter is getting absolutely nowhere. Just a brief rundown of the events to far:
    1) I’ve been told that I have apparently contacted the call center (082111) on the 21st of October 2011 and requested Vodacom to change my banking details. As all calls are recorded, I have asked for a copy of the recording as prove that I have made such an request, and to date, none such recording has been provided to me. Vodacom’s call centers has subsequently indicated that they ‘cannot find’ the recording.
    2) After the mysterious call from point 1 above could not be found, Vodacom is now saying that a request has been received from some bank, to change the account number on my contract which Vodacom debits my monthly subscriptions from
    a. I have not authorised any bank to request this change on my behalf,
    b. My contract signed with Vodacom does not authorise 3rd parties to make changes on my behalf, and
    c. I believe that Vodacom is wrong in allowing 3rd parties to make changes to your customers accounts without their knowledge, permission, or confirmation of such changes
    3) I’ve been told numerous times that my ABSA banking account has apparently been closed.
    a. The bank account has not been closed, and bank statements for the months of October, November, as well as December has been faxed to your Subscribers Collection department.
    b. I have, and am still using the same ABSA bank account for over 15 years now. Vodacom has been successfully debiting my bank account for the last 5 odd years, without one single problem, missed payment, or late payment.
    4) For an entire month now I have been sent around in circles
    a. Call Center agents promise feedback, none is provided
    b. Not once, in all my dealings about this matter with Vodacom, has an reference number been provided to me.
    c. Call Center Supervisors are unavailable (it took me an entire week to manage to speak to one Supervisor)
    d. Call Center Supervisors promise feedback, and promise to call you back, and does not do so
    e. Call Center Supervisors say that they are busy and will call you back in 5 minutes, and then goes home for the day, without returning calls.
    f. Even Vodacom's Executive Client Liaison Officer Team (Ref: EC-Z9S1-4PV30) does not contact me, does not provide feedback, and can't be bothered to resolve the problem.

The matter in which this is being dealth with, especially considering the involvement and complaint logged at Vodacom's ECLO, is shocking. Is it really, really, THAT difficult to pick up a phone and call me? It is really, really, THAT difficult to re-activate my bloody cell phone?? Seriously?

Given the recent press release on how vodacom.co.za's unsecure and people can login and change other people's details through their web site... It makes you wonder, where, and how my banking details was changed. Doesn't take allot to put two and two together.

All I can say, is absolutely PATHETIC Vodacom. I would actually LOVE for this to be handed over to your Legal Department so that they can explain to me how their breach of contract is my fault...
    Hi Chris

I have asked the person dealing with your query to provide feedback.

Regards

VD

Quote Originally Posted by savage View Post
    Yes. R400 odd reconnection fee, for which I am liable. I have to purchase a new SIM card, and do a sim swap because they cancelled the old sim, for which I am liable. I have to pay full months subscription for all the time my cell phone has been disconnected, even through the disconnection itself should never have happened, seeing that the change of banking details was not authorised nor requested by me...

I did not request, nor authorised them to make any changes. Why must I be liable for reconnection? Why must I pay for it, why must I waiste my precious time to resolve their cockup?
    Pay the reconnection fee, pay the cost of the new sim card and any admin charges. Then go to the Small Claims Court to recover these costs and the month's subscription that you couldn't use but have had to pay for. If the phone you used to try and sort this mess out has itemised billing, claim for the phone calls as well if they weren't free.

Contact details for the Cape Town Small Claims Court at http://www.westerncape.gov.za/eng/di...ies/9373/18933

Wow, thats bad luck... wonder who messed up by changing the details. Surely whoever made the change can be tracked down and jumped upon...
    Boycott MWEB
    1. Leave MWeb! They WILL throttle your 1Mbps line to death as soon you download over 100GB
    2. Cancellation form

Quote Originally Posted by biometrics View Post
    I guess it's a matter of when the unexpected happens their call centre flowcharts break down.
    Even with the best will in the world, there will come a time when a help-desk cannot resolve a problem. That is why there needs to be a mechanism in place to immediately escalate the problem to someone with the authority to sort things out.

In this case the user's bank details were changed by someone. This would not be to the financial benefit of whoever did this or the user so it was either to inconvenience the user or to get bad publicity for Vodacom. It has, in fact, achieved both those ends very successfully. One other possibility is that the help-desk operator changed the banking details of the wrong account and there is another customer out also irritated, and possibly inconvenienced, because a debit order hasn't been made against the correct account.

As this has all the markings of a prank or an operator error rather than an attempted fraud the ideal reaction, in the interest of good customer relations, should have been to have immediately reinstated the phone at no charge to the user (even if it meant issuing a new sim card which should have been delivered rather than have the user collect it) together with a sincere apology and the promise to ensure that such a problem cannot happen again. Too much to expect from Vodacom? Of course!

Any bad publicity that Vodacom gets is because they have worked hard to earn it!

Quote Originally Posted by MervynB View Post
    Any bad publicity that Vodacom gets is because they have worked hard to earn it!
    +1

I dumped vodacom when they refused to sort out my constant issues with BIs. Hope you take them to the cleaners

Grandmaster

Finally...

Got a call from Vodacom HQ. All outstanding costs on my Vodacom account to be credited. My 084 number by default has gone back to Cell-C. Vodacom issued a request to obtain the number back from Cell-C, and the moment the number is back at Vodacom, service will be re-activated free of charge, and the cost of a new sim card will be credited to my account.

She promised to have me back online by EOB today, or early tomorrow morning. Touch wood, everything goes as smoothly as she is making it out to be, but granted, I can't really expect this process to be massively complex. I'm sure Vodacom does credits and re-activations the whole time.

So hopefully by tomorrow, there will be a follow up, stating problem solved. Thanks VD - you've been a great help. It's unfortunate that a person has to go to this length in order to get a problem resolved, but at least it's resolved (almost).
    Regards,
    Chris.

Super Grandmaster

Good to hear you are going to get sorted. It is too bad it takes going to such lengths to get a resolution - imagine the 1000s of ordinary people out there. They don't know about myBB or other forums, they get screwed by useless call centres daily with no recourse.

I had a similar issue with FNB where it took lodging a complaint to sort a simple issue. At least their complaint system works and gets resolution.
    the nicest thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise, rather than being preceded by a period of worry & depression

Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast