Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Absolutely pathetic Vodacom...

Quote Originally Posted by VodacomData View Post
    Vodacom received the request to change the banking details from what we believed to be a legitimate source. This is not a finger error on our side neither as the banking institution was changed to was completely different.

Don't get me wrong , i am not making any excuses here , but we have strict procedures to follow and if this has been met , we will proceed to make changes.

On the positive side , we have re-activated the line , done the necessary credits and the client is back on line.
    I checked this and the change banking details came through the formal channels from the bank in question, not a suspect phone call.

We'll carry on getting to the bottom of this.

Quote Originally Posted by jannievanzyl View Post
    I checked this and the change banking details came through the formal channels from the bank in question, not a suspect phone call.

We'll carry on getting to the bottom of this.
    Are you saying the request that came to vodacom came from the bank?
    WA my new favorite ISP

Quote Originally Posted by bboy View Post
    Are you saying the request that came to vodacom came from the bank?
    I cannot see how the bank can be a formal channel... the ONLY channel should be the account holder...
    Boycott MWEB
    1. Leave MWeb! They WILL throttle your 1Mbps line to death as soon you download over 100GB
    2. Cancellation form

Quote Originally Posted by supersunbird View Post
    I cannot see how the bank can be a formal channel... the ONLY channel should be the account holder...
    So how do you think banks are able to offer debit order switching facilities?

Maybe the bank (or their client) made a typo in the cell number on their debit order switching form?
    State of the cancerous nation

Quote Originally Posted by supersunbird View Post
    Agreed, but these days you can walk into FNB, open an account and hey presto all your debit orders are suddenly changed to them.
    WA my new favorite ISP

ah, i see morkhans replied before i did
    WA my new favorite ISP

so.. did we ever find out the truth here?
    WA my new favorite ISP

Grandmaster

And one standard SMS from Vodacom:
    Kindly contact our Call Center to reactivate your Debit Order on your Vodacom Account on 082111
    So here we sit again - debit orders was successfully processed for Feb as well as Mar. My bank statements show the money going of successfully, Vodacom's own invoices indicate the payment has been received, and yet again, out of the blue - Debit Order cancelled.

Holy mother of &^*@$&@( STOP FSCKING ARROUND WITH MY ACCOUNT VODACOM!!!!!
    Regards,
    Chris.
    - NextGenNews, NNTP re-invented -
    South Africa's first commercial NNTP Service Provider

just use your statement and pay them every month via EFT.

Once your contract is up send a big box to head office with a big F*** Y** inside!

I'm so fedup with Vodacom it's not even funny. I'm the IT guy for a company that used to spend over R15k/pm with vodascum (2 lines were 10gb data contracts). I logged about 15 complaints for connectivity issues and to get a technician to come on site and offer a solution (even if it's at our cost)

2 years down the line I got fed up and phoned aerosat. 2 hours later they were on site for inspection. 24 hours later we had a dish up and a stable connection.

THAT'S SERVICE!

I'm slowly moving all the lines one by one somewhere else as the contracts expire. A man can only take so much!

Quote Originally Posted by savage View Post
    And one standard SMS from Vodacom:

So here we sit again - debit orders was successfully processed for Feb as well as Mar. My bank statements show the money going of successfully, Vodacom's own invoices indicate the payment has been received, and yet again, out of the blue - Debit Order cancelled.

Holy mother of &^*@$&@( STOP FSCKING ARROUND WITH MY ACCOUNT VODACOM!!!!!
    Wow, big up Vodacom for sorting the shyte out huh

I hope you get it sorted (even though I doubt the clowns can/want to sort it)
    : Inspired to violence by majesty :
    - Die Toten König -

Banned

Ported from MTN to VC. Happy now. MTN still owes me R2840.00 for 2 years. I can go on and on about MTN's failures. Just be happy that you not with MTN.

When we sign a contract we have the responsibility to pay and the service provider offers us the best service they are able to give.

Now, if you as subscriber had any real rights or power in the situation Vodacom, MTN, etc would move mountains to keep you happy.

This is why I don't want a cell phone contract, when things go wrong it's a stuff up.

We the customers need to have the same power as they have.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234