Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Netbook?

Quote Originally Posted by shakes1 View Post
    The main reason is that I am considering a netbook is that there will be a large amount of text being entered and speed is important. I have played with an iPad2, but it didn't work too nicely.

I belong to an emergency response unit, the netbook will be used to capture infomation in some detail at emergency scenes (primary function) and to perform other functions such as programming two-way radios on the field.

Suggestions are most welcome though.

Budget is the only issue. It is a volunteer unit, we are self-funded.

And I'm sure you know how well IT professionals get paid
    Look at Samsung, they have matt screens and that will be important. A friend whos wife is a geologist found have matt made the difference between her being able to work on site or not. The keyboard quality is also amazing, a very important factor. You will find them in your budget.
    Character is how you treat those that can do nothing for you.

Quote Originally Posted by cbrunsdonza View Post
    Look at Samsung, they have matt screens and that will be important. A friend whos wife is a geologist found have matt made the difference between her being able to work on site or not. The keyboard quality is also amazing, a very important factor. You will find them in your budget.
    Thank you for that tip, will look into it. Didn't know about the matt screen issue, thanks.

well cna's call centre is useless to try and get info out of, about these netbooks on special.

I am also in the market for a cheap netbook to run as my household server... benefit with also being portable... Win Win for me.
    I will stop passed CNA today and see what works

Check with Universe Direct in Cape Town, they were doing the HP-Mini 110-3155S1 for R2599 + VAT a few days ago......

I just stopped by CNA, they no longer offer the LG but they have a bundled special for a gigabyte netbook, with cover, mouse and 4GB flash disk for R2799.00 or something...

Hifi corp had nothing really worthwhile

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12