Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PS Vita and peripherals: South Africa's launch pricing

lol. Wow, you just speak right up hey and make massive assumptions. I actually own a PS3 as well as an Xbox 360. I know a fair amount of all these consoles.

So we have gathered this:
    - Because I compare an iPod to an iPhone, you assume I have one?
    - Because I agree with the rest of the forum that this is overpriced, I sound like your wife? (clearly she is the brains in your household)
    - Because I comment on the overpriced hardware, I know nothing about consoles?
    - Because I comment on the overpriced hardware, I can't afford one?

Well, I think you have said more that enough to show us all your ignorance. Good chat man!

Quote Originally Posted by IceDreama View Post
    lol. Wow, you just speak right up hey and make massive assumptions. I actually own a PS3 as well as an Xbox 360. I know a fair amount of all these consoles.

So we have gathered this:
    - Because I compare an iPod to an iPhone, you assume I have one?
    - Because I agree with the rest of the forum that this is overpriced, I sound like your wife? (clearly she is the brains in your household)
    - Because I comment on the overpriced hardware, I know nothing about consoles?
    - Because I comment on the overpriced hardware, I can't afford one?

Well, I think you have said more that enough to show us all your ignorance. Good chat man!
    What you have and own are of very low in interest to me so no assumptions there, I said you know little about the PS3 and Vita. Thanks cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by wily me View Post
    What you have and own are of very low in interest to me so no assumptions there, I said you know little about the PS3 and Vita. Thanks cheers.
    Not what your 'blah blah' message said... Not my fault you don't think before you click the post button

Not what your 'blah blah' message said... Not my fault you don't think before you click the post button
    What a melodrama queen. Are you related to my wife?

Blog Entries

Personally I dont think the unit is to badly priced, but I can not say the same for the Add-on's + games.

In the tech world price do increase as you shrink so even if it was on par with specs I would expect it to cost more, anyway enough of that. Where I do think it will fail is in the games and the price of them.

Android
    I bought a Sony Xperia Play for R2000 (import) that came with free games: Battlefield Bad Company 2, Sims 3, Fifa 10, Fifa 12(was added later), Star Battalion, Bruce Lee, NFS Shift NFS Hot Pursuit & Asphalt 6. The Android games on the market cost about R10-R80 with the PS(Playstation Pocket) titles cost of R50.00, or Gameloft games that you can buy direct at 2 games for R20 using the WAP store. Then ofcource there is the emulators like Sness and Mame that all run on the phone. We had the phone in SA but was discontinued due to lack in demand? I guess people could just use the normal Android phones and ignore the PS Exclusive titles.

iOS
    Or if you look at iTouch for R2000 for an 8 gig model with loads more games than above and they range from free to the avrage of say R24 some high end titles can also clock R80 but there is not many of them. Ok you have to buy a controller like the http://www.icontrolpad.com/ if you want the same type of gameplay but you dont have to.

Or use your normal iPhone if you have one.

Now compare that to:
    • Uncharted: Golden Abyss – R549
    • Mod Nation Racers: Road Trip – R449
    • Everybody’s Golf – R449
    • Wipeout 2048 – R449
    • Unit 13 – R449
    • Little Deviants – R349
    • Reality Fighters – R349

Sorry people I notice a fail right there, way to expensive.
    .... and thanks for all the fish.

It might be pricy but that don't mean it won't sell. The PS2 still sells very well and its like 10 years old ? I'm guessing the PSP will still be in production.

Quote Originally Posted by Elimentals View Post
    Personally I dont think the unit is to badly priced, but I can not say the same for the Add-on's + games.

In the tech world price do increase as you shrink so even if it was on par with specs I would expect it to cost more, anyway enough of that. Where I do think it will fail is in the games and the price of them.

Android
    I bought a Sony Xperia Play for R2000 (import) that came with free games: Battlefield Bad Company 2, Sims 3, Fifa 10, Fifa 12(was added later), Star Battalion, Bruce Lee, NFS Shift NFS Hot Pursuit & Asphalt 6. The Android games on the market cost about R10-R80 with the PS(Playstation Pocket) titles cost of R50.00, or Gameloft games that you can buy direct at 2 games for R20 using the WAP store. Then ofcource there is the emulators like Sness and Mame that all run on the phone. We had the phone in SA but was discontinued due to lack in demand? I guess people could just use the normal Android phones and ignore the PS Exclusive titles.

iOS
    Or if you look at iTouch for R2000 for an 8 gig model with loads more games than above and they range from free to the avrage of say R24 some high end titles can also clock R80 but there is not many of them. Ok you have to buy a controller like the http://www.icontrolpad.com/ if you want the same type of gameplay but you dont have to.

Or use your normal iPhone if you have one.

Now compare that to:
    • Uncharted: Golden Abyss – R549
    • Mod Nation Racers: Road Trip – R449
    • Everybody’s Golf – R449
    • Wipeout 2048 – R449
    • Unit 13 – R449
    • Little Deviants – R349
    • Reality Fighters – R349

Sorry people I notice a fail right there, way to expensive.
    Nice and informative post. Thanks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MR.C View Post
    It might be pricy but that don't mean it won't sell. The PS2 still sells very well and its like 10 years old ? I'm guessing the PSP will still be in production.
    Sure it will sell, but not at the numbers they are hoping for...

There is always some rich kid that will nag his parents to get him one.
    .... and thanks for all the fish.

Monster Hunter. DAY ****ING ONE. DAY ONE. Never mind the typical mybb dredge, MONSTER HUNTER!

I'll wait for the updated "slim" version which will probably have better battery life, lower price and by then they tend to resolve all the firmware issues

I would wait to see if custom firmware becomes available as the value of psp consoles is only in that they can run custom firware in my opinion, my old psp slim was standing in my draw for like a year until I flashed m33 custom firmware now I use it almost every day... Also would wait for slim version first, through the specs do look very impressive.

Ok dude, YOU can go buy one and waste your money. The knowledge of technology? The VITA according to reviewers is a small scaled down version of the PS3 so really, you are actually paying more for something that does less.

You are also comparing oranges with apples. If you compare the iPod touch with the iPhone (the only difference the one can phone), the iPhone is nearly double the price. Can this make a phone call? NO IT CAN'T. So a phone with less features is expected to cost in line with this since it can do one critical thing this machine can't and thats make a phone call.

Wow, I actually realize now that the entry price is designed for people like you. You think you are getting a good deal but you aren't. You get taken advantage of and max out Sony's profits till 6 months later and its nearly half the price.
    Relax that death grip on your crotch and negotiate a better wage, R2999 really isn't allot of money dude.

wow can't believe people are trying to compare dedicated hand held gaming to cellphones the major difference is quality of games , and controls ... i doubt you'll see the full cinematic games of the likes of kill-zone , metal gear solid(proper game) ,street fighter , uncharted on cellphones.....the closest i can think of is infinity Blade and that's just swiping the screen.

imo : cellphones = planet vs zombies , angry birds ...5min gaming at lunch or short break
    portable game systems = gears , street 30min + gaming on a plane , at home on a long car trip

ps: external bluetooth control defeats the purpose of portability

and as for game pricing the vita prices are quite a expensive but you get what you pay for get for . i won't shell out R20 and expect uncharted
    Last edited by hsark; 23-01-2012 at 11:16 AM.

So you're going to game while walking? Don't think so. Most gaming will probably be done in your own home. So really, again I ask, what am I missing here?
    On a bus, on a train... a plane, in a waiting room, in traffic, at school, at work.... I don't think mobile gaming is for you.
    "What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." ~ Christopher Hitchens

My idea of "Help from above" is a sniper on a roof.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerfherder View Post
    On a bus, on a train... a plane, in a waiting room, in traffic, at school, at work.... I don't think mobile gaming is for you.
    Also like continuing your game while on the move or in bed?

Battlefield 3 On The PS Vita Using Remote Play

Last edited by wily me; 23-01-2012 at 11:24 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12