Facebook   Twitter    YouTube    RSS Feed    Android App    iPhone and iPad App     BlackBerry App    
Subscribe to Newsletter



Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30

Thread: PS Vita and peripherals: South Africa's launch pricing

  1. #1

    Default PS Vita and peripherals: South Africa's launch pricing

    PS Vita and peripherals: South Africa's launch pricing

    The recommended pricing of PS Vita models, peripherals and launch games has been announced

  2. #2

    Default

    Pricing not to bad at all. But I will wait for a major drop.

  3. #3

    Default

    What does the starter kit include?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Posts
    408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wily me View Post
    Pricing not to bad at all. But I will wait for a major drop.
    Not bad? What am I missing here? This thing costs the same as a PS3 an the games cost the same.

    Maybe it's just me but I'd rather get the PS3

  5. #5

    Default

    Cant carry the ps3 with you.....

  6. #6
    Super Grandmaster ToxicBunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Crimetown
    Posts
    43,611

    Default

    Madness for a portable "gaming" machine if you ask me...
    Quote Originally Posted by Korn1 View Post
    I have been called a retard my whole life

  7. #7
    Grandmaster MightyMuffinMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Kwa-Zulu Natal
    Posts
    2,085
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceDreama View Post
    Not bad? What am I missing here? This thing costs the same as a PS3 an the games cost the same.

    Maybe it's just me but I'd rather get the PS3
    agreed. Price is rediculous. Wil wait 4 the inevitable fall

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Posts
    408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctrl+z View Post
    Cant carry the ps3 with you.....
    So you're going to game while walking? Don't think so. Most gaming will probably be done in your own home. So really, again I ask, what am I missing here?

  9. #9

    Default

    That pricing is ludicrous especially considering the existing economic climate

  10. #10

    Default

    I have lost interest in mobile consoles, i just game on my iphone or ipad

  11. #11
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Your GF's bedroom
    Posts
    2,367

    Default

    Yip just game on my phone...if you want there are lots of bluetooth controller around...
    even better on a tab...

  12. #12

    Default

    the games are way too expensive. R550 for Uncharted Golden Abyss??! Not to mention that you can't play the game without a memory card so it costs at least R750. The entry cost is way too high. That would be R3750 if you bought a wifi Vita with Uncharted alone.

    And that doesn't even include the starter kit!!
    LOVE love LoVe: There's Nothing you can do that can't be done...

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceDreama View Post
    Not bad? What am I missing here? This thing costs the same as a PS3 an the games cost the same.

    Maybe it's just me but I'd rather get the PS3
    The knowledge of technology?

    Cell phones with less features costs more than that.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Posts
    408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wily me View Post
    The knowledge of technology?

    Cell phones with less features costs more than that.
    Ok dude, YOU can go buy one and waste your money. The knowledge of technology? The VITA according to reviewers is a small scaled down version of the PS3 so really, you are actually paying more for something that does less.

    You are also comparing oranges with apples. If you compare the iPod touch with the iPhone (the only difference the one can phone), the iPhone is nearly double the price. Can this make a phone call? NO IT CAN'T. So a phone with less features is expected to cost in line with this since it can do one critical thing this machine can't and thats make a phone call.

    Wow, I actually realize now that the entry price is designed for people like you. You think you are getting a good deal but you aren't. You get taken advantage of and max out Sony's profits till 6 months later and its nearly half the price.

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceDreama View Post
    Ok dude, YOU can go buy one and waste your money. The knowledge of technology? The VITA according to reviewers is a small scaled down version of the PS3 so really, you are actually paying more for something that does less.

    You are also comparing oranges with apples. If you compare the iPod touch with the iPhone (the only difference the one can phone), the iPhone is nearly double the price. Can this make a phone call? NO IT CAN'T. So a phone with less features is expected to cost in line with this since it can do one critical thing this machine can't and thats make a phone call.

    Wow, I actually realize now that the entry price is designed for people like you. You think you are getting a good deal but you aren't. You get taken advantage of and max out Sony's profits till 6 months later and its nearly half the price.
    Blah Blah, you sound just like my wife. Get over it, if you cannot afford it get a wii. Obviously you know little about the PS3 and Vita, so do not bother. Rather get your overpriced i-anything.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •